Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Southern New Jersey - what's it like?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28rob18
i agree i feel jersey is boring as hell atleast where i am only thing to do is beach and go to the track. o and baseball. but after college im movin south somewhere in the carolinas
So Jersey is boring to you but you want to move to the Carolinas?

The greatest thing about Jersey is the fact that theres so much around to do, especially if you have money. Philly, NYC, beaches, Atco and Atlantic City. The fact that Jersey doesn't get any extreme weather is also a great thing.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NJFBOA is there, horrible drivers, and cheap gas. That's my experience with Jersey as a whole. South Jersey would be ideal if you want a great track nearby, and a short trip to the beach.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pittman is a dump IMO, as is most of new jersey. Theres fun stuff to do but the place just overall sucks IMO. Ive lived all over the country and jersey is close to the bottom.

Remember jay and silent bob, its not a stereotype.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:23 AM
12 Second Club

i live 2 seconds from englishtown raceway and i love that area. As stated before, you got the beach. ALOT of stupid effin guidos in tinted altimas, maximas and g35s. Nyc in one direction and philly in the other. Many malls and places to shop at. Although ur job is in pittman, are you going to be living there too?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come to Florida where there are no high paying jobs along with high taxes. To top everything off, it's quickly becoming a third world country in itself, if you know what I mean. Comparing the two states will make you appreciate Jersey.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DocEwww
So Jersey is boring to you but you want to move to the Carolinas?

The greatest thing about Jersey is the fact that theres so much around to do, especially if you have money. Philly, NYC, beaches, Atco and Atlantic City. The fact that Jersey doesn't get any extreme weather is also a great thing.
jersey sucks to me because i have no money it all goes into the car im goin to college in carolina so ill see wat its lik for 4 yrs then idk i should just stay at home the rest of my life and only pay for food so i can put more to my car lol
Old 12-13-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Move to Northern Delaware. "the first state and home of tax free shopping". I like it here. SOme say its boring but I like boring around where I live. Philly's about an hour away, cecil dragway about 30-40 mins. I work at a big hospital and quite a few people come over from the delaware memorial bridge. They say land tax is expensive. I pay about as much for my 2.5 acres as some do for a 1/4 acre.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

living in southern jersey (some parts) is like living in a nice quiet rural area with the taxes and laws that treat you like you live in some inner city slum.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

www.NJFBOA.org <<<< over 2k member

We were just in south Jersey today for our December monthly meet. Had about 30 people out in the wind and cold, then went inside for food, then hung out and bs'ed for a few more hours.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'm from west deptford like 20-30mins from pitman, pitmans a small town everyone there pretty much hates eachother and there isn't **** there... at all. lol but it is close to just about everything, the mall is like 20mins away, fuddruckers is like 20mins away, philly would be like 30mins from you, the beach like an hour. don't move to pitman cops are ********. move to a town around it like mantua glassboro sucks and sewell isn't bad but is expensive because sewell and washington township are pretty much considered the same. mantua would probably be your best place to move if you were to take the job because it's still real close but not as gay lol. personally living in jersey is better than living in philly or ny. i like being able to go to the city and screw around but would never want to live there. don't let these people fool you just like everywhere else there are nice parts and **** parts. gloucester county is one of the much nicer parts.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

South Jersey is lame other then the fact you are real close to Philly and that we make better Philly cheesesteaks then Philly does. Yes I said it whos with me.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:02 AM
12 Second Club

^^^ all i know about philly cheese steaks is that quiznos has the worst ones!!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
Come to Florida where there are no high paying jobs along with high taxes. :
Um, no income tax in florida.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z28Red01
South Jersey is lame other then the fact you are real close to Philly and that we make better Philly cheesesteaks then Philly does. Yes I said it whos with me.
My most missed thing is the "real" philly cheesesteak, Ive had them all over the country and they are never like they are in philly and south jersey.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
i live 2 seconds from englishtown raceway and i love that area. As stated before, you got the beach. ALOT of stupid effin guidos in tinted altimas, maximas and g35s. Nyc in one direction and philly in the other. Many malls and places to shop at. Although ur job is in pittman, are you going to be living there too?
Originally Posted by chevrunner21
i'm from west deptford like 20-30mins from pitman, pitmans a small town everyone there pretty much hates eachother and there isn't **** there... at all. lol but it is close to just about everything, the mall is like 20mins away, fuddruckers is like 20mins away, philly would be like 30mins from you, the beach like an hour. don't move to pitman cops are ********. move to a town around it like mantua glassboro sucks and sewell isn't bad but is expensive because sewell and washington township are pretty much considered the same. mantua would probably be your best place to move if you were to take the job because it's still real close but not as gay lol. personally living in jersey is better than living in philly or ny. i like being able to go to the city and screw around but would never want to live there. don't let these people fool you just like everywhere else there are nice parts and **** parts. gloucester county is one of the much nicer parts.
I'm going to rent an apartment, probably south of Pittman to keep expenses down until I'm postive I want to settle in the area. If I decide to stay, I'll sell my house in the Charlotte area and pick some where. Mantua sounds like the sort of place, I want to look at. I like the idea that South Jersey sounds rural. Sounds like there is a lot to do. Charlotte/Gastonia - no beach (4 hour drive), no 1/4 mile track until this year so this actually sounds good, other than it appears expensive.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:53 AM
10 Second Club

id recommend not moving to nj

auto insurance is high

property taxes are through the roof

cost of living is horrible.

your gonna need a min of 15% increase in pay to offest the prices in jersey compared to nc,sc

personally id stay down there and look for jobs dont come to the northeast.

-brandon
Old 12-14-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

unless you can live comfortably here i wouldnt move.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 99 Posts

Well if you do move to So. Jersey, you will find quite a bit to do when it's warm - not so much when it's cold.

There are a lot of GTG's during warmer months. Atco is open most of the year
The shore isnt far away. Neither is Philly, Altantic City, and New York.
NJMP in Milleville has a great go-cart track.

There are plenty of reasonable places to live within 20 minutes of Pittman.
I'm willing to bet our property taxes will give you a heart attack.

Best of success in your search.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Jersey in general stinks in the winter..plain and simple...Im fairly new to sth jersey, im still tryin to stomach all the phillies and eagles fans out here...im use to monmouth cty where everyone likes the yanks and giants.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
www.NJFBOA.org <<<< over 2k member

We were just in south Jersey today for our December monthly meet. Had about 30 people out in the wind and cold, then went inside for food, then hung out and bs'ed for a few more hours.
They should remove this post like you remove posts over on your board ...unpaid advertising.