Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Support You Local Dragstrip Meet June 14.2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably not. And what does fall will just evaporate because "the atmosphere is to dry for it to make it all the way to the ground."
Old 01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Hey guys Im out for tonight. Just got a call this morning that Lancaster General wants to interview me for a job tonight, so I gotta take it. Kind of sucks, wish I could be there to meet all yall.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Launching!

So how did it go guys? Worth the drive?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Banned

It was accually pretty funny, Ronalds lawyer was asking this one guy about proper sewage facilities on the property and was bascially asking if port-a-pottys would be an ok thing to use, which if you've ever been to a race track thats pretty much what they have.....well seems like this guy was opposed to the dragstrip and just kept triing to dodge the question when finally he answered "I am not an expert on port-a-pottys", well to say the least almost everyone let out a giggle. The place was packed though, people were out in the hallway and cars everywhere.

Seems like it was to mainly address some of the issues that would be associated with a dragstrip like traffic patterns, which Ronalds lawyer used to give an example of if it were a shopping mall, truck stop, or outlets that were put there instead, you would still have the same traffic as a dragstrip, just everday instead of just on the weekends. Another thing about that is the ordinance for the property seems to say that all those things could be put there, but not a dragstrip by what I understood, which is what they were argueing.

And just like the RFC (Racers For Christ) said....there was a rep there and I intruduced myself and so on. He was even sporting a RFC t-shirt proudly.

All in all, I'm sure it won't be the last meeting and i woundn't even mind attending another one, but it was a nice night and a nice drive. Hopefully if there is anymore meetings, we could get a bigger group together to go, surprisingly it seemed like there was a good amount of dragstrip supporters there.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Nice, at least there were people there in support of it. Yeah I don't think I've been to a track that had more than port a potty's.

So you can put a mall and all kinds of other crap, but not a drag strip. Stupid. Did it seem like anyone that spoke for the strip made any kind of difference?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

We were only there for an hour, in that time they three people in the "hot" seat and one was a drag racer and they were just cross examineing them. Wish I could have stayed longer to see what the outcome was.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Launching!

by the way diablo when you came rippin passed me all 4 of your pipes were shooting 2 foot flames on the shift. looked awesome with the powder coated red rear...wish i had a video. sorry for not lining up properly and racing...no need to embarrass myself haha...once i get the exhaust and intake done i'll give it a shot for sure tho...
Old 01-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
by the way diablo when you came rippin passed me all 4 of your pipes were shooting 2 foot flames on the shift. looked awesome with the powder coated red rear...wish i had a video. sorry for not lining up properly and racing...no need to embarrass myself haha...once i get the exhaust and intake done i'll give it a shot for sure tho...
No way, ya too bad you didn't have a camera, maybe next time, she does like to run rich....
Old 01-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Banned

Check #1 post for updates on upcoming meetings and news!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

from what i have been reading on other forums, they have enough for a 1/4 but the shut down area is coming up short
Old 01-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Launching!

well if you're runnin fast its time to get some CHUTES!

Last edited by TheTugBoat; 01-24-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
well if you're runnin fast its time to get some CHUTES!
i agree with ya Tug.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

was anyone at the last meeting last night? i totally forgot about it.... wonder how its going.... Andy know anymore that you'd like to share?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT anyone know of what became of this?

Quick Reply: Support You Local Dragstrip Meet June 14.2008