Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Never go into war with TracerX

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Never go into war with TracerX

So Marcel call's me last night and tells me he has been doing really well at Gears of War 2, he even made it to level 8 on hardcore by himself. He says he'll be nice enough to let me take a seat on his pain train and participate in some carnage. Marcel told me up front that he’ll let me fend for myself but if things get bad he’s going to jump in and make me look bad as he mops up.

Ok cool so before I go I want to get physced up. I get into a mean *** argument with the girlfriend, war paint my face, kick the cat, put on my baggy camo pants and watch Doom the movie; NOW I’m ready. On my drive over there I turn on the A/C and put the windows down….we all know real killers don’t feel pain and I don’t have room for weakness in this temple I call my body. I get over to Marcel’s joint and the guy greets me dressed like a ninja, all black. My camo pants are pretty righteous and badass but you’ve still gotta feel a bit of intimidation with Mr. Ginsu answering the door in all black and ninja slippers for the “down low creep”. It’s cool though because if I’m going into battle I want to rock with meanest, the baddest and the best. Marcel starts giving me this 5 stage high five and inside my head I’m drying to get inside, my ***** are frozen.

We fire up the Xbox 360 and Marcel gets SMOKED right off the bat on level 1. He hasn’t killed anyone. We try again and it takes us four times to get past level 1. Marcel is no where to be found. His method of ninja attack was to use his slippers to sneak away from me, immediately get himself killed then yell at me to respawn him. I think at his worst the kill ratio was 13 to 3 and I revived him 3 or 4 times in a matter of 35 seconds on level 2. If things were going good, he would run from cover to stop dead in the center of a firing lane. There was one guy….he shot to his left, shot to his right, jammed a reload then walked up to him only to get chopped up. It was like Marcel wanted to make sure the guy was pissed before he let himself get killed.

I think Marcel just needed someone to revive him and that’s why he called me over. What a funny *** evening. You suck worse than me Marcel.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

hardcore on the campeign, or in horde?

Your story was funny LOL, I did find that amusing.

My screen name on xbox is jlws6. If you're playing horde and I'm hit me up I'm really tired of playing with people that don't talk, don't speak english or quit/have bad connections.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha! thats great, cmon over dude i need a rez!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ROFL! That was so well written with no detail left out!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Humanitarian

JL - It was horde.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Race your car!

level 8 on horde on hardcore? Was it just the 2 of you? If so that's not too bad.

I have a couple people I play with online alot, the group works together pretty good. we've beaten all 50 levels on every map on the normal setting, on the hardcore setting the 4 or us haven't been able to get past 29.

Usually there ends up being one random person that wen get from a public match to get a full group of 5, but that never seems to help. If we could get one more person that was good I think it would be possible to do all 50.

Personally, playing alone on the hardcore setting I have never gotten past level 10. That's as far as I can and that's only if I get really lucky, usually it's over on 8, but that's with no help.

Ever try playing it on the insane difficulity? That, is unreal hard. I don't even think it is possible, but if you look on the xbox live horde scoreboards someone actually got a milllion points on a horde game, I think the only way to do that would be to use the shield glitch and do it on insane, and go probably the whole way. I just don't think that's really possible though.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I am all about GAW2, The only time i'll be playing # is for online achievements!!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't believe Marcel stiffed me like that No call over here.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Hmm I never played on hardcore.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Race your car!

Try it. YOu get 50% more points then you do on normal, and believe me it's a good 50% harder.

Blowing thru all 50 levels on casual can be done with 2 people no problem. Normal, 2 or 3 can do it, 4 or 5 it's easy. Hardcore, totally differnet story. Try putting it on insane for a real
Old 01-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Humanitarian

We are now playing normal, last night we called it quits after we got to level 11. It will let us resume from there so we'll eat away at it bit by bit.

When I play at home I always play on hardcore and I can never level up beyond the first rank. I wish the game was like Vegas 2 where it showed you three tasks, how many points you had, how many you needed for a level up and what to do to get those points. I'm kind of lost when it comes to what I need to level up.

At home I use a mouse/keyboard. So much fun.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

That's some funny **** right there!! I couldn't find my mojo! I actually set it on Hardcore by accident! i had no intention of playing it on that level! I couldn't figure out why I was dying so fast (besides playing with Cole)

Don I would have called you, but you mentioned a number of times that you found Horde boring.

DIESO was so disappointed in my playing skills. By myself I was unstoppable!! But I guess it's like singing in the shower, only the person singing thinks they sound good!

Here's a line from last night
DIESO: Did you just die again?!! (He looks at my 2yr old son sitting between us) Marcel just give Marc your controller, I'm sure he'll get a lot farther than you.

But in the end we ended up at like lvl 11 And we were working well together. DIESO did the killing and I carried back the Gattling guns to him!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Humanitarian

Joe: dont get the gattling gun yet, they are all out there
Marcel: i'm going for it
Marcel: revive me

-or-

Joe: Marcel, set a grenade on the wall so when they walk by it, they'll blow up
Marcel: revive me
Joe: Dont you understand if you set it while they are 2 inches from you they set it off

I liked:

Marcel: oh I know why I keep dying, I'm looking at the wrong screen
Joe: which half are you looking at
Marcel: the top
Joe: yea thats your half, you just suck that bad

A very fun night. He had to be the sheild boy because I couldnt plant one for the life of me! It said to pull left trigger then hit A. I did, no plant. I tapped A quick and it still wouldnt. Marcel figured it out.........then 20 seconds later forgot how he did it.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Normal is for *****'s
Old 01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

HAHA..that was funny.
i just got this game couple weeks back...only played a few times but i dont quite get it yet...in other words, i suck something fierce so i need to practice before i jump online and play...lol.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I gotta say, last Saturday I held that **** down!!

I know you all were impressed by the pure awesomeness of my playing skills! I had to take it to the streets and get Gang Green on these fools!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You were nothing compared to Garry throwing the **** down
Old 01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Outta the blue, but do you guys have PS3 and COD4 or 5?? A feew of us like myself, DannoWS6, and a few other play now and then.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Humanitarian

Marcel has a PS3 but no games. The rest of us have 360's.

You got a few more kills or as many us about 1/3rd of the time but you consistently beat a 7 year old. Your character was practicing ballerina moves while we were laying down fire. I dont know man you've been a little light in the loafers when it comes to FPS games.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MaSTi
Outta the blue, but do you guys have PS3 and COD4 or 5?? A feew of us like myself, DannoWS6, and a few other play now and then.
I have a ps3 and cod 4 and 5. MY username is nastynatekillsu add me and we can play