Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Shifter in RI

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter in RI

my trans is about to get rebuilt by slowhawk next week and im thinking about investing in a new shifter to prevent the over shift again
was wondering if anyone in or around warwick/west warwick, ri had a pro 5.0 or equivilant that i could maybe just put my hand on and see what the notchy feel people hate and love about it to make sure i make the smartest choice
Old 01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't have one, but I can tell you that the pro 5.0 that I nad wasn't notchy at all, the stops were nice and solid, with them set there is NO WAY you should ever be able to overshift the tranny.

I had several shifters, pro 5.0, b&m ripper, kirban, driven a car with the better hurst, and I can tell you that the pr0 5.0 was the best one. Kirban wasn't bad, but I didn't think it felt as solid, the pro 5.0 I could slam as hard as I wanted and it just felt solid.

I'm not a little guy either LOL, when I used to have the stick in the car and I'd take someone for a ride, they'd accuse me of trying to rip the shifter out of the car. Pro 5.0 took it and was great. The others, never felt as good.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pro 5.0 all the way