Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

VA Exhaust Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default VA Exhaust Shop

Looking to have my exhaust re-done.....any good shops near Richmond.....must be mandrel bent
Old 01-21-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you're willing to travel north to Stafford, there's a place just off of I95 (Rt 630/Courthouse Rd., Exit 140 I believe) called Robert's Exhaust. It's a one lift shop and Robert really knows his stuff. He does anything from stock to heavily modified cars/trucks. Plus, he's a stand up guy and will make sure you're happy with the work. He only works Mon - Thur and can reached at (703) 492-4654. Prices are fair too.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in richmond and finding a shop for exhaust work is near impossible... but I travel to VA beach to goto VA speed for anything I need done...
Old 01-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nytmare1
If you're willing to travel north to Stafford, there's a place just off of I95 (Rt 630/Courthouse Rd., Exit 140 I believe) called Robert's Exhaust. It's a one lift shop and Robert really knows his stuff. He does anything from stock to heavily modified cars/trucks. Plus, he's a stand up guy and will make sure you're happy with the work. He only works Mon - Thur and can reached at (703) 492-4654. Prices are fair too.
I talked to Robert, and he said he didnt do mandrel bending. I asked him if he could do true duals on my third gen and he said he could and before i set up the appointment i asked to make sure it was mandrel bent..he said no. I got my Magnaflow done at B&R customs. Another good place is One Stop Auto just a lil further north of Robert. Jimmy has helped me out before
Old 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Hmmmm I'll throw this question out here now.....Does anybody know where I can get a shop in or near Richmond that will be a lil leanant on state inspection if ya get my drift
Old 01-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Roy Hendrick's on 360 West headed towards Amelia county, I think he does mandrel bends. Also check out Larry Green's, I think he has 2 shops now.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 89formula350b2l
I talked to Robert, and he said he didnt do mandrel bending. I asked him if he could do true duals on my third gen and he said he could and before i set up the appointment i asked to make sure it was mandrel bent..he said no. I got my Magnaflow done at B&R customs. Another good place is One Stop Auto just a lil further north of Robert. Jimmy has helped me out before
Somebody help me out here... What other forms of pipe bending are there besides "crimp" (where the inside of the bend is all wrinkled up and looks like an acordian)? Is there another form of bending, besides "mandrel", that keeps the pipes smooth all around?

I ask 'cause I've had Robert work on a couple setups on my car and all of the bends he's done are smooth and have no "crimping" anywhere. His work is top notch and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that does better. Plus, he does stainless too.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Launching!

what Robert does is buy the bends that are pre-made so they are manderal bent pipes and he welds the bends in place
Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hokie00 TA
what Robert does is buy the bends that are pre-made so they are manderal bent pipes and he welds the bends in place
Oh... Ok. Well, that works for me! He's done some tough design work on my car and if he's not bending his own pipe... it's not caused him any problems and it looks good.

Quick Reply: VA Exhaust Shop