Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Bush's 3rd term is actuality

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bush's 3rd term is actuality

this is for all of those people that said mccain would have been bush's 3rd term!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbnpRcj4RvI
Old 01-22-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

lmao, I love the daily show, John Stewart is freakin hillarious!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I genuinely find it hilarious to see Reps and Dems ripping at each other, when in reality they're not that different. I'm sick of seeing people supporting a Democrat while wearing a Che shirt. Do you know what a revolutionary is? He is NOT going to come from one of the two parties. And on the opposite side, all of the Republicans thinking their world will be turned to ruin. Guess what. Relatively little change is going to happen. Let's say he is able to change things for real to the max. Is universal health care going to change much? How about pulling out of Iraq? Is it going to drastically affect your daily life? They are small policy changes compared to the complete overhaul many people seem to think will come. These politicians have all sacrificed their ***** to get where they are, lets be honest, anyone different would need serious money to make it to the President's seat.

And yes, I'm aware that I'm pretty much backing a South Park episode here, but they got it right. The world isn't going to end, and their won't be much change.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 PM
FormerVendor

hahahha cheese on chinesse food, that was funny.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya the cheese in chinese food cracked me up, and to giant. im a independent voter i take no sides. i vote for the best candidate but i just love how much people bashed mccain and then were talkin about how amazing obamas inaug. speach was, but yet the exact same thing was said by bush and he was worthless
Old 01-22-2009, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

well, he has already taken a step in the right direction as far as im concerned. Freezing the salary on senior white house staff, and tightening rules for lobbyists is great. If life is slow for so many americans right now with the economy, so should it be for the government.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
ya the cheese in chinese food cracked me up, and to giant. im a independent voter i take no sides. i vote for the best candidate but i just love how much people bashed mccain and then were talkin about how amazing obamas inaug. speach was, but yet the exact same thing was said by bush and he was worthless
I wasn't talking about you in particular, just the public in general. A politician is a politician is a politician...
Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by giant016
And yes, I'm aware that I'm pretty much backing a South Park episode here, but they got it right. The world isn't going to end, and their won't be much change.

For the people that think Obama is going to change things over night you're F'in delusional. The guy will never live up to the hype(not knocking Obama but he's being treated like Jesus reborn, he'll never live up to the expectations, it's impossible). Our government is set up so that one person doesn't have all the power(duh, we learned that in 2nd grade). Obama simply won't have the power to wave his hand and create the change people think he's capable of. I wish him the best of luck, I don't agree with his policies but he's now our leader. I just think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening. For people that want to blame Bush for EVERYTHING(yes, he was an idiot) you guys need to look at our ENTIRE government. There are too many checks and balances to blame one man or give one man credit. Then again if Obama doesn't come through on all of his promises I'm sure Bush will be blamed for that lol
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Frosty
For people that want to blame Bush for EVERYTHING(yes, he was an idiot) you guys need to look at our ENTIRE government. There are too many checks and balances to blame one man or give one man credit. Then again if Obama doesn't come through on all of his promises I'm sure Bush will be blamed for that lol
I am for Obama and against Bush (not personally but just against his policies, i don't think he's a bad man) but I fully agree with this. We have a great system of checks and balance's and the dem's have a lot of blame to go around as well, we've heard of a lot of republican's using tax money to pave their driveways or w/e but now more light is coming out on the dem's mis-using their powers as well. The last sentence I fully agree with because ironically even now a lot of republicans are blaming the Clinton administration that came before for the mess we are in now. Personally I blame deregulation of wall st, from the same people that helped Enron deregulate electricity.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmy169
The last sentence I fully agree with as well because ironically even now a lot of republicans are blaming the Clinton administration that came before for the mess we are in now. Personally I blame deregulation of wall st, from the same people that helped Enron deregulate electricity.
Some of the Clinton economic decisions reared its ugly head years later but still, if you have 8yrs in office you should be able to overcome that. Both sides are to blame, neither party gives a damn about anyone but their hardcore base. I really wish more and more people would stand up and say enough of this partisan BS. I don't think that'll happen any time soon.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by giant016
I'm sick of seeing people supporting a Democrat while wearing a Che shirt.
actually the whole thought of a Che shirt in the first place would make Che turn over in his grave. Its completely opposite of his "cause"
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Frosty
Some of the Clinton economic decisions reared its ugly head years later but still, if you have 8yrs in office you should be able to overcome that. Both sides are to blame, neither party gives a damn about anyone but their hardcore base. I really wish more and more people would stand up and say enough of this partisan BS. I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

Well, time will tell because they are seriously about to be tested, when the next numbers of unemployment come out. If they can't agree on SOMETHING things will get ugly. I believe they will, Obama seems to be reaching out to the republicans, but time will tell and we'll prob know sooner than later.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha that is hilarious
Old 01-23-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

united we stand, divided we fall.
people got to start working together, regardless of their party or this gov't is going to fail.
its too bad the politicians dont notice this tho.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the video? (Youtube yanked it)
Old 01-23-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

it was rotating between obamas inaug speach, and the speach bush gave when he started the 9/11 war. it was the exact same speach except worded a lil different. everybody cheered for both
Old 01-23-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

here it is again, better watch it b4 they rip it down fast forward to 2minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuXIx76mIFc