Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Gto Meet & Car Show @ On The Border New Brunswick NJ July 19th

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PontiacPrincess
I'll be there. I love GTOs. I'm so excited.
Originally Posted by Kara 95LT1
See u guys there!!!

That's great your coming to this...Now all we need is nice weather
Old 07-16-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

What time do we need to be there to park?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
What time do we need to be there to park?

Mr Fist clitcher with hand out the window.....
Show starts at 10:00 am The DJ from I understand is showing up around 9:30 am..

Also updated list see post 1

Last edited by JETNITRO; 07-16-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JETNITRO
Mr Fist clitcher with hand out the window.....
Show starts at 10:00 am The DJ from I understand is showing up around 9:30 am..

Also updated list see post 1
FIRST LESSON IN DRAG RACING IS COURTSEY. Courtesy staging is when one driver will light one bulb and the second driver will light one bulb and so on. I and everyone else you race are entering the water box when you are completely staged (deep staged). Why is this? The track has AUTOSTART ON. What does this mean? When 3 bulbs are on - the clock is ticking. When you are deep staged and all the other racers running in the 11.50 also deep stage, they will not have enough time to deep stage and to get the rpm's up.

I am very surprised that no one has said anything to you about this, unless they have and you ignored it. When someone can be deep staged in less then 90 seconds from the time they leave from under the tower (wet tires, heat tires & stage) That is a race to starting line! Now you are giving pressure to the other driver to stage with them thinking that they can be timed out. Maybe this is what you want, I think so.

If this was done to you every time, how would you like it?

When someone is challenging me before the tree, that is telling me that someone is being disrespectful. I will react to this with sub teen reaction times and running near dead on ET's. That is an internal mechanism that is activated under certain circumstances.

The reason for the FIST CLINCHING is that it is almost a proven fact that the person that stages 2nd in a situation like this will loose. I will not let this happen. It will only make me more agressive on the tree and on the top end.

In the lanes I am friends with everyone, once I drive around the wall - It is all business with respect and courtsey to the other driver.

Last edited by 98NYFINESTVETTE; 07-16-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 PM
8 Second Club

FIRST LESSON IN DRAG RACING IS COURTSEY. Courtesy staging is when one driver will light one bulb and the second driver will light one bulb and so on. I and everyone else you race are entering the water box when you are completely staged (deep staged). Why is this? The track has AUTOSTART ON. What does this mean? When 3 bulbs are on - the clock is ticking. When you are deep staged and all the other racers running in the 11.50 also deep stage, they will not have enough time to deep stage and to get the rpm's up.

I am very surprised that no one has said anything to you about this, unless they have and you ignored it. When someone can be deep staged in less then 90 seconds from the time they leave from under the tower (wet tires, heat tires & stage) That is a race to starting line! Now you are giving pressure to the other driver to stage with them thinking that they can be timed out. Maybe this is what you want, I think so.

When someone is challenging me before the tree, that is telling me that someone is being disrespectful. I will react to this with sub teen reaction times and running near dead on ET's. That is an internal mechanism that is activated under certain circumstances.

The reason for the FIST CLINCHING is that it is almost a proven fact that the person that stages 2nd in a situation like this will loose. I will not let this happen. It will only make me more agressive on the tree and on the top end.

In the lanes I am friends with everyone, once I drive around the wall - It is all business with respect and courtsey to the other driver.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:27 AM
10 Second Club

Wink

Courtesy and sportmanship are important no doubt, but when faced with a strong opponent who I have little to no chance of beating otherwise I can assure you that I will use EVERY (legal) source available to me to try and beat him/her.
If I'm quicker in getting to the tree than my opponent then it's up to my opponent to improve his/her abilities in getting staged. Just as it's also my responsibility to improve my RTs and my car's power output if I want to compete with those who are quicker on the tree and faster up the track then me instead of crying about how much stronger my opponents are in those areas.

If you were tree'd, ET'd and outbraked on every pass how would you like it?
Of course that is part of racing, it is what it is.
Well, staging/getting to the tree quickly is part of racing as well.
It also keeps the program moving forward. You're friends with the people in the tower, maybe you should ask them how they feel about those who take their sweet time getting up the tree during a busy/packed Saturday.

So let me get this straight, you don't shoot for sub teen reaction times and near dead on ETs unless someone does that to you?
That's funny because we've all seen you cutting great lights/running near dead on ETs against oppenents who do show you that "respect" that you're seeking as well, I wonder what the reason for doing it there is? Basic competition perhaps?
If you are actually that well dialed in and can actually pick and choose exactly when and how you will react and ET well then you would never lose. You are good Rob, clearly one of the best for sure, but I've seen you get beat plenty this season alone.

I will not let this happen. It will only make me more agressive on the tree and on the top end.
Once again, on those occasions that you win by only a very very small MOV, you're saying that's purely intentional, that you actually planned to not win by any more, is that correct?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:02 AM
11 Second Club

Rob,

Its no biggie I guess you still get juiced up after a good pass.... I'm still learning on the pro tree stuff the reason I go up to the line so fast is because I was trying to follow in your footsteps...No disrespect... and I'm not trying to be funny either.... I thought thats how most of the succsesful people go about it is all(Compliment). I do remember a few times were you got up to the line way before me while I was doing my monster burnout back then and I had no time to foot brake stall it up! , I most certainly felt rushed. So when I'm up against u I feel like its a race to the starting line or something...lol

Would love to talk face to face about this on Sunday if you come this internet **** sux.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:49 AM
CARTEK Racing

I don't race in competition much, but when I do, I would choose to use every weapon in my arsinal. Be in mechanical, psycological, bilogical or otherwise.

If Bruce thought he can "psyke" you out by staging quickly then cudos to him. He found a way to mind **** you and posibly make you loose. I think this is perfectly fair.

If I race someone, 4/5 of the time its an auto. I would like to stage first so I can come up on the RPM and be ready to launch, but do they ever let me do so? Nope, Almost never. Why? Because they know I need the time and they do not. Do I think they are being disrespectful? No, I think they are trying to win.

Rob, you are good, no doubt, but you are not Michael Schumacher [AKA-GOD] If I was racing go karts with MS, I would show him respect and let him lap me every 2 minutes by moving off line and not blocking him when the blue flag is waved. If I am drag racing at E-Town on a Saturday afternoon with you for a top prize of $0 at a QTP event, Im using every trick to win. Racing karts with Schumacher is a privalage in and of itself and I should show him respect for allowing me to race with him. Drag racing with you is not, so Ill deploy w/e psycological trick I see fit to mind **** you, as did Bruce, as he should.

See everyone at the show!

'96 Maxima with the "NoBama" sticker to take first place!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 AM
CARTEK Racing

Would love to talk face to face about this on Sunday if you come this internet **** sux.
Shut up Bruce, the internet is where its at! The real world does not matter! Its the Martix bro!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Shut up Bruce, the internet is where its at! The real world does not matter! Its the Martix bro!
Now I have a headache must heavily

There should be a pretty nice showing of vettes from some of the tri state area clubs
Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=LS1LT1;11921801]Courtesy and sportmanship are important no doubt, but when faced with a strong opponent who I have little to no chance of beating otherwise I can assure you that I will use EVERY (legal) source available to me to try and beat him/her.
If I'm quicker in getting to the tree than my opponent then it's up to my opponent to improve his/her abilities in getting staged. So you are saying that you will tripple bulb the other driver? Just as it's also my responsibility to improve my RTs and my car's power output if I want to compete with those who are quicker on the tree and faster up the track then me instead of crying about how much stronger my opponents are in those areas.

If you were tree'd, ET'd and outbraked on every pass how would you like it? I would go to the track more to pratice.
Well, staging/getting to the tree quickly is part of racing as well. Yes & NO. So what you are saying, you want to have the clock start so the other driver will have to rush in? Getting to the tree is half of it, the othe rhalf is to wait for the other driver.
It also keeps the program moving forward. I guess it will quicker when the other driver is DQ for not staging fquick enough or moving trying to deep stage and the tree flashes.You're friends with the people in the tower, maybe you should ask them how they feel about those who take their sweet time getting up the tree during a busy/packed Saturday. The tower has spoken to people that stage slow and also have flashed the tree on them.

So let me get this straight, you don't shoot for sub teen reaction times and near dead on ETs unless someone does that to you? NOPE, I shoot for .030 to .040 reaction times.
That's funny because we've all seen you cutting great lights/running near dead on ETs against oppenents who do show you that "respect" that you're seeking as well, I wonder what the reason for doing it there is? Basic competition perhaps? When you say a good light, is that a .040 light? My sub teen and double O lights are either in the finals or when I pissed.If you are actually that well dialed in and can actually pick and choose exactly when and how you will react and ET well then you would never lose. You are good Rob, clearly one of the best for sure, but I've seen you get beat plenty this season alone. Reaction times has many factors, front tire pressure, bumping the car in and launch rpm's. One of three have caused me to loose a race. Either my front tire pressure was to high and launched hard to go red. I am still learning too.

Once again, on those occasions that you win by only a very very small MOV, you're saying that's purely intentional, that you actually planned to not win by any more, is that correct? YES, that is correct. When I am on the top end I will watch the otehr racer and pace them through. Some people I will tighten it up more then others.

I do cut a better light when I am pissed, proven fact and also will tighten the top end up to ten thousands and not hundreds. Never said I throw a race. I am human, I do loose races. When people in the lanes are talking about this and are pissed that this is happening - it is not sportsman like. I don' care if you go around the water to save a second or two to get staged. I hear all the complaints in the lanes.

Rob,

Its no biggie I guess you still get juiced up after a good pass.... I'm still learning on the pro tree stuff the reason I go up to the line so fast is because I was trying to follow in your footsteps...No disrespect... and I'm not trying to be funny either.... I thought thats how most of the succsesful people go about it is all(Compliment). I do remember a few times were you got up to the line way before me while I was doing my monster burnout back then and I had no time to foot brake stall it up! , I most certainly felt rushed. So when I'm up against u I feel like its a race to the starting line or something...lol

The 11.50 is the same as running on a full tree. Same rules for staging.

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
I don't race in competition much, but when I do, I would choose to use every weapon in my arsinal. Be in mechanical, psycological, bilogical or otherwise.

If Bruce thought he can "psyke" you out by staging quickly then cudos to him. He found a way to mind **** you and posibly make you loose. I think this is perfectly fair. He did not find a way to **** with me since I have not lost a race with him. I guess some facts you did not know. I guess you don't know that when staging there is respect to the other racer. I guess you are not aware of this since you don't race enough. When you are at the track, ask around and see what people have to say about this. I think you will VERY surprised. I could careless if you are staged when I am in the staging lanes. Some people if not all are pissed, why do you think Bruce is the only person doing this? I also watch racing and I don't see this happen unless it is a mistake or just being done for spite.

If I race someone, 4/5 of the time its an auto. I would like to stage first so I can come up on the RPM and be ready to launch, but do they ever let me do so? Nope, Almost never. Why? Because they know I need the time and they do not. Do I think they are being disrespectful? No, I think they are trying to win.

Rob, you are good, no doubt, but you are not Michael Schumacher [AKA-GOD] If I was racing go karts with MS, I would show him respect and let him lap me every 2 minutes by moving off line and not blocking him when the blue flag is waved. If I am drag racing at E-Town on a Saturday afternoon with you for a top prize of $0 at a QTP event, Im using every trick to win. Racing karts with Schumacher is a privalage in and of itself and I should show him respect for allowing me to race with him. Drag racing with you is not, so Ill deploy w/e psycological trick I see fit to mind **** you, as did Bruce, as he should.

I see you point, I will show any respect. Now we will see how everyone will cry about this and I will tell everyone to go F them selves. Sounds fair. I will do what I need to do to continue winning.

See everyone at the show!

'96 Maxima with the "NoBama" sticker to take first place!
Never said I was GOD or Michael. But there is courtsy staging. But I see that there is no cortsey. Every man for him self. I got the message. I know what to do. See you at the finish line.

If you see some one go deep when the other driver is not near the starting line you would figure they are a rookie. When someone will use tactics that are unprofessional to try to win, that sure does say alot about that person. I guess I need to reach up my sleeve and pull out some tricks too. I guess 2 can play at this game.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 AM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=98NYFINESTVETTE;11922643]
Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Courtesy and sportmanship are important no doubt, but when faced with a strong opponent who I have little to no chance of beating otherwise I can assure you that I will use EVERY (legal) source available to me to try and beat him/her.
If I'm quicker in getting to the tree than my opponent then it's up to my opponent to improve his/her abilities in getting staged. So you are saying that you will tripple bulb the other driver? Just as it's also my responsibility to improve my RTs and my car's power output if I want to compete with those who are quicker on the tree and faster up the track then me instead of crying about how much stronger my opponents are in those areas.

If you were tree'd, ET'd and outbraked on every pass how would you like it? I would go to the track more to pratice.
Well, staging/getting to the tree quickly is part of racing as well. Yes & NO. So what you are saying, you want to have the clock start so the other driver will have to rush in? Getting to the tree is half of it, the othe rhalf is to wait for the other driver.
It also keeps the program moving forward. I guess it will quicker when the other driver is DQ for not staging fquick enough or moving trying to deep stage and the tree flashes.You're friends with the people in the tower, maybe you should ask them how they feel about those who take their sweet time getting up the tree during a busy/packed Saturday. The tower has spoken to people that stage slow and also have flashed the tree on them.

So let me get this straight, you don't shoot for sub teen reaction times and near dead on ETs unless someone does that to you? NOPE, I shoot for .030 to .040 reaction times.
That's funny because we've all seen you cutting great lights/running near dead on ETs against oppenents who do show you that "respect" that you're seeking as well, I wonder what the reason for doing it there is? Basic competition perhaps? When you say a good light, is that a .040 light? My sub teen and double O lights are either in the finals or when I pissed.If you are actually that well dialed in and can actually pick and choose exactly when and how you will react and ET well then you would never lose. You are good Rob, clearly one of the best for sure, but I've seen you get beat plenty this season alone. Reaction times has many factors, front tire pressure, bumping the car in and launch rpm's. One of three have caused me to loose a race. Either my front tire pressure was to high and launched hard to go red. I am still learning too.

Once again, on those occasions that you win by only a very very small MOV, you're saying that's purely intentional, that you actually planned to not win by any more, is that correct? YES, that is correct. When I am on the top end I will watch the otehr racer and pace them through. Some people I will tighten it up more then others.

I do cut a better light when I am pissed, proven fact and also will tighten the top end up to ten thousands and not hundreds. Never said I throw a race. I am human, I do loose races. When people in the lanes are talking about this and are pissed that this is happening - it is not sportsman like. I don' care if you go around the water to save a second or two to get staged. I hear all the complaints in the lanes.

The 11.50 is the same as running on a full tree. Same rules for staging.

Never said I was GOD or Michael. But there is courtsy staging. But I see that there is no cortsey. Every man for him self. I got the message. I know what to do. See you at the finish line.

If you see some one go deep when the other driver is not near the starting line you would figure they are a rookie. When someone will use tactics that are unprofessional to try to win, that sure does say alot about that person. I guess I need to reach up my sleeve and pull out some tricks too. I guess 2 can play at this game.

I think the difference here is you seem to take the weekend warrior racing pretty seriously where-as others don't, maybe that's why you are so good at it buts that's your business.
When I race in the EFI series it's just fun to me, I don't take it seriously at all, most of the guys I know don't. ****, I've screwed Barry (QTP) by staging first and lighting both bulbs just to screw with him and it's HIS event even after he asked me not to, then we laughed about it later.
You're not for the most part racing with people who actually give a **** so I suggest either lighten up or go pro.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

Red face

So you are saying that you will tripple bulb the other driver?
If you see some one go deep when the other driver is not near the starting line you would figure they are a rookie.
Honestly, I'd never even heard the phrase "triple bulb" until you'd posted it last night. I assume it means 1) top bulb, then 2) both bulbs, then 3) bottom bulb only?
I was always under the impression that in Index racing one focuses on running their own program, cutting the best light possible and then getting to the stripe as close to the index/dial in as they can. I didn't know that, even though I might work a little slower/need more time than the average guy in getting my RPMs up after that top bulb goes out, I also have to worry about the staging habits (or lack thereof) of my opponent and whether or not I am going to 'offend' him/her or not.
I am still a rookie so maybe that is why...now I know.

I would go to the track more to pratice.
I guess what I was getting at is, perhaps the guy that keeps getting 'triple bulbed' should go to the track more to practice their staging routine a little as well.
Doesn't really seem all that fair to me that I am expected to go to the track more to hone my skills on the tree and the ET yet the guy that can't stage as quickly as me doesn't have to do the same.
It almost seems like a selective set of rules or something, that one can use all the tricks he wants up the track (fendering, hitting the brakes, forcing his opponent under etc.) yet before that tree comes down the concepts of 'strategy' and speed are somehow frowned upon.
But it is what it is, I suppose it's all part of the 'unspoken rules' of the game and if one wants to play then they simply have to abide.
I wish the same rules that apply to 'staging courtesy' also applied to reaction times and ETs so that my opponent would have to wait for me there as well LOL.

Yes & NO. So what you are saying, you want to have the clock start so the other driver will have to rush in? Getting to the tree is half of it, the othe rhalf is to wait for the other driver.
No not saying that, I don't want to see anybody get timed out/DQ'd.
But on the other hand, is he/she going to wait for me at the top end? Maybe I want some 'courtesy' up there.

I guess it will quicker when the other driver is DQ for not staging fquick enough or moving trying to deep stage and the tree flashes.
Nah, I don't think anyone wants to see that happen.

NOPE, I shoot for .030 to .040 reaction times.
Really? So you truly aren't trying to win every round, you actually do intentionally throw your opponents a cookie usually?
Very generous of you.

When you say a good light, is that a .040 light?
Yes, for me an .040 is a good light, I've actually only cut a .0x light on one occasion so you can see how/why I might be in such a rush to stage quickly in an attempt to carefully position myself for a better launch.
Everyone has their strengths/weaknesses, staging quickly/slowly might be among them.

Reaction times has many factors, front tire pressure, bumping the car in and launch rpm's. One of three have caused me to loose a race. Either my front tire pressure was to high and launched hard to go red.
I agree...but one would think that someone as dialed in as you are, where you can actually 'choose' whether you're going to cut an .040 or an .004 light that you'd have a total handle on all of that...perhaps you should go to the track more often to practice. j/k
I would go to the track more to pratice.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=tektrans;11923186]

I think the difference here is you seem to take the weekend warrior racing pretty seriously where-as others don't, maybe that's why you are so good at it buts that's your business.
When I race in the EFI series it's just fun to me, I don't take it seriously at all, most of the guys I know don't. ****, I've screwed Barry (QTP) by staging first and lighting both bulbs just to screw with him and it's HIS event even after he asked me not to, then we laughed about it later.
You're not for the most part racing with people who actually give a **** so I suggest either lighten up or go pro.
I hear what you are saying. If I was loosing against Bruce this would be different. I am trying to make it fair for everyone to have a chance at winning. I am out there to have fun and not to be rude to the other racer. I know there are many that will do this and they will never stop, my point is to try to explain the reason behind the staging process. This would be a win - win for all.

In the lanes people talk **** to me as I do to them. It is all in good true fun of the sport. It just sucks when someone looses a race due to something like this.

Even the people that know it is wrong still do it just to try to win. That alone is not for the sport. That will ruin the sport with a driver thinking like this. If everyone was close to being on the same page or even in the same book, this would as I said before - be more fair for all. I looking to help the other racers to have a more fair advantage.

Why would I say anything if this is not effecting my racing? I trying to help the people that either don't race often to give them a better chance at winning, for those that have been racing - remind them of what could be a more chance to all.

If this is what people want to do, fine. I will play along.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Even the people that know it is wrong still do it just to try to win. That alone is not for the sport. That will ruin the sport with a driver thinking like this.
Good point.

I trying to help the people that either don't race often to give them a better chance at winning, for those that have been racing - remind them of what could be a more chance to all.
And I know that you've helped people out in the past as well Rob and it is appreciated.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very good points Marc. I know I have raced you in the past. Regardless of who you are, I always give the time to stage to the other racer. I want a fair race. i don't want to see the other racer get DQ. If you were in the stands Saturday, you would have heard me yelling at Jerry to back up to stage. Why would I yell at someone to back up to race? This person (Jerry) could have passed me in points if he won the whole event. My point is that I want to see him and everyone race and have fun. It hurt to see him get timed out due to him rolling through the beems.
Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Honestly, I'd never even heard the phrase "triple bulb" until you'd posted it last night. I assume it means 1) top bulb, then 2) both bulbs, then 3) bottom bulb only?
I was always under the impression that in Index racing one focuses on running their own program, cutting the best light possible and then getting to the stripe as close to the index/dial in as they can. I didn't know that, even though I might work a little slower/need more time than the average guy in getting my RPMs up after that top bulb goes out, I also have to worry about the staging habits (or lack thereof) of my opponent and whether or not I am going to 'offend' him/her or not.
I am still a rookie so maybe that is why...now I know.

When the Pro 11.50 started to roll more, drivers started to go deep to hit the tree better. You described the triple bulb perfect.
When racing in an Index or Bracket racing, you are racing your own race. BUT, there are somethings to follow. Why do you think the burnouts are done side by side? So both drivers can stage at the same time.
As you mentioned, you maybe slower then some other racers to be prepared to race. There are some racer's that I know that need more time then the track can give them. I swear they are having a picnic in there car when staging. If I am racing you I will ask you if you are going deep. I would hope you would give me an honest answer and also may suggest to me or mention that you may need some extra time to stage. This would eliminate the thought of offending the other racer.

I guess what I was getting at is, perhaps the guy that keeps getting 'triple bulbed' should go to the track more to practice their staging routine a little as well.
Doesn't really seem all that fair to me that I am expected to go to the track more to hone my skills on the tree and the ET yet the guy that can't stage as quickly as me doesn't have to do the same.
It almost seems like a selective set of rules or something, that one can use all the tricks he wants up the track (fendering, hitting the brakes, forcing his opponent under etc.) yet before that tree comes down the concepts of 'strategy' and speed are somehow frowned upon.
But it is what it is, I suppose it's all part of the 'unspoken rules' of the game and if one wants to play then they simply have to abide.
I wish the same rules that apply to 'staging courtesy' also applied to reaction times and ETs so that my opponent would have to wait for me there as well LOL.

You maybe staging at the same speed or time as everyone else. Just that you may have some drivers that will try to get to the starting line as quick as possible as if they are going to earn more points.
If you think I am fender racing - WRONG. I ran the Vette flat out when I went red against Shawn Saturday. I ran 11.492. That would have been a great race but I was not holding anything. I run it out. I also hurt myself by not just loosing but I also had 20 points taken away for breaking out.

No not saying that, I don't want to see anybody get timed out/DQ'd.
But on the other hand, is he/she going to wait for me at the top end? Maybe I want some 'courtesy' up there.

The way your Vette ran at the last race, I think you will be waiting for the other racer.

Nah, I don't think anyone wants to see that happen.

Really? So you truly aren't trying to win every round, you actually do intentionally throw your opponents a cookie usually?
Very generous of you.

When pushing the tree on every round, eventually I will go red. I feel the comfort zone is to be in the .030 to .040. I am not throwing anyone a bone, I am racing my race. I may not always have that R/T. I know I have many .090's and .1XX. Sometimes you start to wondering if the tire pressure is correct and so on and then the tree flashed.

Yes, for me an .040 is a good light, I've actually only cut a .0x light on one occasion so you can see how/why I might be in such a rush to stage quickly in an attempt to carefully position myself for a better launch.
Everyone has their strengths/weaknesses, staging quickly/slowly might be among them.

I said to you in the past that I would give you some ideas and help you if you would like it. I share, I am not selfish.

I agree...but one would think that someone as dialed in as you are, where you can actually 'choose' whether you're going to cut an .040 or an .004 light that you'd have a total handle on all of that...perhaps you should go to the track more often to practice. j/k
I do go to the track to practice and every time I am there it feels like the first time. I am always trying something different and try to see what will work. I will go to the track on Friday night to practice before a Saturday event. This is normally a Friday night 11.50 Index race. So practice is now competition.

I am the person in the lanes people come to to ask questions about how they can do something different to improve. Just as I am trying to do here.

Marc, I will bet you a $1.00 (A whole dollar) that I can improve your R/T. You make one pass on your own. Then I will tell you what to do and I will make changes to your car. I bet you will improve by .035.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:55 PM
CARTEK Racing

[QUOTE=tektrans;11923186]

Could not agree with you more Mike... I mean Mark...

Rob,
You take this **** WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY to seriosly. You are not racing at the Monaco Grand Prix, or even the NHRA Summer Nationals for that matter. If the fact that Bruce staged before you upsets you so much, thats pretty ******* sad dude. Its a ******* game, you will not loose your house if you loose, you will not buy a second one if you win. You will get a sticker... woo-freakin-whoo!

We all love this sport, its the activity that we choose to participate in, but lets be honest, in the grand scheme of life, drag racing our reletivly slow *** cars for little or no money is like participating in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard.

Look at Brooklyn Mike, he goes out, ***** around with his buddies, win or loose, he has fun. I went to one of the first event Barry put on, and by sheer chance won against PJ in the finals. Pure dumb luck on my part. I got a trophy. Pretty cool. But did not my life change? No. I went to run the 11.0, qualified with 11.04, first time even racing an index race. Did my life change? No. I lost in the first round with a 10.998, did my life change? No. I went to have fun, and I did. You taking this so serios that you have to post about it and bitch and moan a month after it happend is pretty ******* sad.

You want to feel better? You can race me in the fall and tree me by 3 seconds. Ill even let you stage first.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:05 PM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=WS6TransAm01;11923767][QUOTE=tektrans;11923186]

in the grand scheme of life, drag racing our reletivly slow *** cars for little or no money is like participating in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard.

well said Alex, well said- Mike would be proud!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

This thread is about a car show right? I might be there, lol, but I came to the last page of it, and had to check the top of the page to make sure I clicked the right one.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I know I have raced you in the past. Regardless of who you are, I always give the time to stage to the other racer. I want a fair race. i don't want to see the other racer get DQ. If you were in the stands Saturday, you would have heard me yelling at Jerry to back up to stage. Why would I yell at someone to back up to race? This person (Jerry) could have passed me in points if he won the whole event. My point is that I want to see him and everyone race and have fun. It hurt to see him get timed out due to him rolling through the beems.
I hear ya man and it does make sense, keeping it as fair as possible and all....I too feel bad about Jerry's staging misfortune as well.

I am the person in the lanes people come to to ask questions about how they can do something different to improve. Just as I am trying to do here.
Marc, I will bet you a $1.00 (A whole dollar) that I can improve your R/T. You make one pass on your own. Then I will tell you what to do and I will make changes to your car. I bet you will improve by .035.
Oh I know it, people might joke about you only giving out so much info as to not lose your 'edge' out there but that's BS, you're often very generous with the racing advise/assistance even if it might make your job a little harder out on the track.

Quick Reply: Gto Meet & Car Show @ On The Border New Brunswick NJ July 19th