Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Good time to invest in G.M or Ford ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good call on the sonic auto I looked into it today and made a purchase. made me some cash today and I don't see any reason it's going to stop based on the performance the last few months. I do wish I got in a couple months ago though lol id be rich . They trade under the symbol. SAH . Anyone else may want to consider purchasing some as its going up daily.I may sell when/if it doubles though at around 14 per share.

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Just took some profits from "F".. found another interesting stock (Sonic Auto) and I'll just say that they are being bought by institutions and the "insiders" just gobbled up
200k shares.

http://www.sonicautomotive.com/
Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone look at sirius radio's stock siri? it was down at lik .10 and right now up to .50 im assuming itll drop some again anyone think it'll drop then climb back up a good amount?
Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ford would be the most sound investment for sure just keep in mind with the govt buying up car companies even with ford not taking money trust me they will be or they will get blackballed just like they did in the last depression era when the govt forced on them their will. I love GM, but I have to hand it to ford for not taking the money. Make some money off ford but don't stay to long ford will be blackballed by the govt it is going to happen with this admin acting like they are.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

so you dont think ford has much more room to go up? seems lik they've really been on the up
Old 05-06-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No I do think ford is on the up. Im just saying if the govt is taking control of these companies it won't matter if they are on the up now or not. Just like the tarp/bailout of the banks that money was "FORCED" on them and the only bank that refused was Wells Fargo. Same thing will happen with the car companies. I hate ford cars and trucks but I love how that company has been run in the last few years. I just don't think it will matter in the end. Just make some quick money off of them. It is a good idea and I would do it too. Sorry about the off topic rant.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problem i understand wat your sayin i just dont understand how it works.itd suck to quit while im ahead now just to see them continue to go up.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z28rob18
anyone look at sirius radio's stock siri? it was down at lik .10 and right now up to .50 im assuming itll drop some again anyone think it'll drop then climb back up a good amount?
I nearly pulled the trigger on them in February at .13! hindsight is always 20/20... Tough call to jump in now though. I'm not.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26
Good call on the sonic auto I looked into it today and made a purchase. made me some cash today and I don't see any reason it's going to stop based on the performance the last few months. I do wish I got in a couple months ago though lol id be rich . They trade under the symbol. SAH . Anyone else may want to consider purchasing some as its going up daily.I may sell when/if it doubles though at around 14 per share.
X2 Mr. B, good call. Jumped over 22% today.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SCVette
X2 Mr. B, good call. Jumped over 22% today.

I've got two low-priced etf's that have the potential to rocket:

FAS

http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/s...ymbol=FAS&ww=1

UYG

http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/s...ote?symbol=UYG

both are exchange-traded funds (safe like Mutual Funds, but trade like Stocks) that are reasonably priced
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

hahah reading this forum i hope u decided to invest in ford ... 16.85 a share right now...
Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigalnash
hahah reading this forum i hope u decided to invest in ford ... 16.85 a share right now...
LOL, one of my BIGGER investment regrets, I was staring at F at a measly $1.70 per share not even two years ago and didn't pull the trigger.
I had already been sitting on 5000 shares at a much higher price (which I did ultimately make some money on) and that buy could've lowered my average cost nicely.

Quick Reply: Good time to invest in G.M or Ford ?