Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Going to attempt a pass this saturday w/new setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From the sound of it-seems like a broken torque tube.The bolts rip out and the car will move fine under light hp but click ect under full power.

Last year you use to hammer your car and this year your walking on glass ,why?
Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
From the sound of it-seems like a broken torque tube.The bolts rip out and the car will move fine under light hp but click ect under full power.

Last year you use to hammer your car and this year your walking on glass ,why?
my guess would be not wanting to dump anymore cash in it
Old 05-25-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-25-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL! Nice pics.... I think I had the car shut off, ebrake pulled, door bar out, and ready for the truck in record 45seconds tops.

As for comment going to run the car with knowing it may break. Well everytime you run a high powered car run that risk. I would never run with a leak, rod knock, major noise. I felt if the car would break (though no one could hear a noise and told me i was worrying to much) it was going to do it on the line and rarely leak fluid on the rear breakage at the line. I unlike other people know if theres a breakage, get out of the car check for leaking fluid, or get off to the side out of the running lane immediately. Also i get out of the car quickly, await the tow truck and hook up the car and know where i'm hooking it up to be sure to reduce down time for anyone. Breaking is part of racing none of us like or want. I was literally out of the way of racers in less than 2minutes. So rethink you're thoughts of my pratices.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE: I've gotta get out and fix the exhaust and drive the car today/tomorrow and see whats going on. At this point i've lost all the confidence in the car to take it to the track and run it w/o a back up way home/trailer. I'm not sold on the pop out of gear but its the most likely result. If the car is now wheel hopping how the hell did that start? I have the car raised up high in the rear to clear the 28's so not sure if that causes it to hop or not. I can't fully sell myself on it popped out of gear. Now if i did what others do and put it in gear at the line (no offense but to me that seems to be asking for trouble doing that) then I could see it. However "I" burned out in 1st gear, road it out to the line in 1st gear, I staged in 1st gear, I launched in 1st gear, car never came out and went back in to not be engaged(driver error) the hole way. The car spun the tires in 1st gear on the launch then came out. Theres gotta be a problem there somehow. So I'll take out the center console and check the adjustment on the shifter which feels fine to me but maybe not tight or not properly adjusted for some reason. So I'll keep everyone updated and I appreciate the input good and bad.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Bruce. Hope its a quick fix.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:06 PM
9 Second Club

Hope you get it resolved,its amazing how much time and effort goes into these car when u build them up.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zturd
UPDATE: I've gotta get out and fix the exhaust and drive the car today/tomorrow and see whats going on. At this point i've lost all the confidence in the car to take it to the track and run it w/o a back up way home/trailer. I'm not sold on the pop out of gear but its the most likely result. If the car is now wheel hopping how the hell did that start? I have the car raised up high in the rear to clear the 28's so not sure if that causes it to hop or not. I can't fully sell myself on it popped out of gear. Now if i did what others do and put it in gear at the line (no offense but to me that seems to be asking for trouble doing that) then I could see it. However "I" burned out in 1st gear, road it out to the line in 1st gear, I staged in 1st gear, I launched in 1st gear, car never came out and went back in to not be engaged(driver error) the hole way. The car spun the tires in 1st gear on the launch then came out. Theres gotta be a problem there somehow. So I'll take out the center console and check the adjustment on the shifter which feels fine to me but maybe not tight or not properly adjusted for some reason. So I'll keep everyone updated and I appreciate the input good and bad.
something happening there would explain you feeling that click in the shifter itself.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

hope you get it fixed man its a bad looking car....from the look of the video it looks like it popped out of gear

Last edited by mean94lt1; 05-26-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:42 AM
CARTEK Racing

Man Bruce, really sorry to hear that. No one likes a breakdown at the track.

But it seems like this may be a minor issue. Im sure you'll get it all ironed out ASAP.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks WS6transam01 I hope so.... maybe one day I can keep up with your wittle 346 H/C/I car
Old 05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

figure it out yet?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:23 AM
9 Second Club

Bruce do yourself a favor just get the AAA membership takes some of the fear away. For the 100bucks it is covers your butt some.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Bruce do yourself a favor just get the AAA membership takes some of the fear away. For the 100bucks it is covers your butt some.

Well Mike your not far from Cecil, i'll just have it towed to your house and let you fix it if she pukes..... correction WHEN she pukes her guts on the track! Now I'm waiting to get the cars tune ironed out a little for the surging down low and maybe see if the HP/TQ can be increased a little to make me happier with the car June 13th-20th at some point.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Isn't Fran's dyno day June 13th? We can have it tuned then, and have the whole parking lot make a voyage to Cecil and see what she does. It can be a big party at Cecil. They're running the Outlaw cars the previous weekend so track should be nice and sticky and I'm assuming its a test and tune day.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Isn't Fran's dyno day June 13th? We can have it tuned then, and have the whole parking lot make a voyage to Cecil and see what she does. It can be a big party at Cecil. They're running the Outlaw cars the previous weekend so track should be nice and sticky and I'm assuming its a test and tune day.
Sounds good... who's paying for my tune and dyno time?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds good... who's paying for my tune and dyno time?
Fran might swing you a deal
Old 05-30-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh Mr.FRAN owes me a big chimpapple but I may save that up for one day when i most need it
Old 05-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Mr.FRAN owes me a big chimpapple but I may save that up for one day when i most need it
Hit me up on AIM ... ill work you a deal...seriously.