Old 06-01-2009 | 02:16 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Talking

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
lol

up .11 to .86!

WOOHOO! GM is BACK!
Hey, that's over $100k profit in only 3 days for the guy that bought (and was able to sell) a mere million shares on Friday.
Over $250k if he'd sold them at the high of $1.01 today.
Old 06-01-2009 | 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr. B
I splurged and got 1500 shares...
You've got brass *****... I'm going to wait until ~August to make a call on GM. So far I've heard the gov't is shooting for a 60-90 day turn around. I've heard others suggest 120 is more realistic.

I'm currently in speculating in F in @ 1.79 +0.38, DYN in @ 1.75 +0.26, and EFTC in @ 1.65 +0.06 for penny stocks and had a pretty decent day. EFTC has been love hate I'm figuring I'll hang on to it till it is bought out or has resolved it's banking woes.

Two cheep pennies I wish I'd bought NXG (gold&cooper), ICO (coal).

Good luck
Brewski

Last edited by Brewski; 06-01-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2009 | 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

The NEW GM's 1st advertisment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYz6M7uRVQY

http://www.gmreinvention.com/
Old 06-01-2009 | 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

The NEW GM's 1st advertisment:
pretty depressing...

its like a father saying to his family 'i cant afford to feed you all, so i'm killing some of my children, selling some to china, and your mother is going to work street corners'
Old 06-01-2009 | 11:42 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
pretty depressing...

its like a father saying to his family 'i cant afford to feed you all, so i'm killing some of my children, selling some to china, and your mother is going to work street corners'
True, it's almost exactly like that. And who knows, some American families might even be headed that way for real as a result of all of this.
But hey America had a choice, they could've bought GM (and Chrysler) vehicles instead of going out of their way to help Japan and Germany become what now appears to be more financially powerful nations and ultimately winning that little war that they'd lost afterall.
Two Chevrolets in my garage, at least my conscience is clear.
Old 06-01-2009 | 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a Chevy, and a Dodge and I've been happy with my decision. And I agree Marc, many have gone that direction. But working for Honda, I can honestly say I see why. We as performance enthusiasts are maybe 1% of the population. Imports appeal to the vast 99%.
Old 06-02-2009 | 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28C4maro82z
I got a Chevy, and a Dodge and I've been happy with my decision. And I agree Marc, many have gone that direction. But working for Honda, I can honestly say I see why. We as performance enthusiasts are maybe 1% of the population. Imports appeal to the vast 99%.
i agree with this as well.... I've always felt that GM has dominated the 'small niche market'... but unfortunatley, small niche market is not where the profit is... the vast majority of people just want an ordinary car, and they want it to be cheap and reliable.
Old 06-02-2009 | 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
True, it's almost exactly like that. And who knows, some American families might even be headed that way for real as a result of all of this.
But hey America had a choice, they could've bought GM (and Chrysler) vehicles instead of going out of their way to help Japan and Germany become what now appears to be more financially powerful nations and ultimately winning that little war that they'd lost afterall.
Two Chevrolets in my garage, at least my conscience is clear.
There's a flip side to that. It's called free-market(at least that's what we're supposed to have lol) and Capitalism. I personally have never purchased a foreign vehicle however if I was in the market for a new car and Toyota had a vehicle that met my requirements and was less than a GM vehicle why in God's name would I spend more for less? That makes no sense. I can spend my money how I see fit, if GM has a problem with that then they should make class leading vehicles, not average, run of the mill vehicles.

Now I'm not saying I'd buy a Toyota over a GM, just using it as an example. That whole "buy American" attitude is great if they make what you want...if they don't why would someone sacrifice their $$ for an interior product?
Old 06-02-2009 | 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

At least it had the Camaro in it :\
Old 06-02-2009 | 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

For those keeping track of GM's stock the new stock symbol is GMGMQ. It's trading on the pink sheets @ ~0.69 a share.

Also be sure to check out the SEC warning on trading stocks just to be sure you want to make the gamble.
http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/bankrupt.htm

Take it easy
Brewski

Last edited by Brewski; 06-02-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-02-2009 | 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
That whole "buy American" attitude is great if they make what you want...if they don't why would someone sacrifice their $$ for an interior product?
Hmmm.. I tend to agree.

Loyalty only goes soooo far.

My declining, middle-aged memory remembers the stellar vehicles that GM and the other domestics have come up with:

Pontiac Aztek (***-Tech)

The K-Cars

AMC Pacer

Chevy Chevette

Ford Pinto

Ford Mustang II

Pontiac Fiero

PLEASE feel free to add your favorite puke-inducing domestic creations.
Old 06-02-2009 | 11:46 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Well, the GM might be Government Motors considering the have a 60% ownership.

I did my part. I've got 3 GM vehicles in my garage totalling $100,000.00

We'll see what happens as time goes on. Maybe with GM consisting of Chevy, Buick, GMC and Caddy, they'll be more competitive and profitable.
Old 06-02-2009 | 02:12 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Talking

My declining, middle-aged memory remembers the stellar vehicles that GM and the other domestics have come up with:
Yes, because Toyota, Honda and Nissan (Datsun) have always been on the cutting edge of style, panache and pizzazz, right? LOL