Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No license, got these in Mattaphan.

KIDDING KIDDING KIDDING
Old 06-12-2009, 06:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Expensive....like people dont even know!

I was set on a Glock....I went to the store and held the M&P .45, it felt a **** ton nicer than I thought and have a nice style to it. I wasnt crazy about the polymer frame but it was really better I thought, the slide has a nice visual appeal to it and it fit my hand very very well. Then I held the 1911 and hands down it was awesome, I've shot them in the past and forgot how slim (width wise) they were, how balanced they were and how plain they look while have a timeless design. Then I held the Glock....what a P.O.S., it felt like a brick for a frame and a brick as a slide. I understand the point, function over form but alot of firearms have the function aspect, I wanted a little bit of form as well. They have the same 1911 with the tatical rail to mount crap on the firearm but I felt it really took away from the design.

Good choice. I have some friends that are into glocks but like you said I think they totally blow. I love the .45 ACP 1911's, favorite style handgun by far in every way. Not a good conceal weapon generally speaking though. My taste is with H&K and Sigs, but I have checked out one of those M&P's, I think it might be my next buy, the new ones have external safeties and i am really digging the compact .357 Sig option. Don't knock the poly frame until you've tried it. They have their pros and con's but if the gun is properly made and it's not a cheapie it has more pros.

Sucks the guns I really want I can't even get here, for no damn good reason. Seriously the M&P is getting pretty rave reviews and it's probably one of the best semi-autos you can buy *new in MA. I would sell my left nut for a Springfield custom though.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice choices. I have a few toys myself but haven't added a 1911 or AR15 to the list yet. If the rest of the year goes good I might pick up one or the other by the end of the year
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Humanitarian

The M&P is really nice Dan, if I get the restriction lifted from my license I really want to try to carry the 1911, it's just too nice of a weapon not too. I was talking with a gun store employee and he carries his. He said it has alot to do with the holster. He show me his 1911/holster setup and with a shirt over you wont notice. It's a fine line thing about how you walk, twist, the weight of the gun, how it presses against your side....you just need to find what your comfortable with. I have big hands and long *** fingers so the sub-compact guns just dont fit me, I dont like them. For a CC gun I'd look at compact 1911's and compact M&P .45's.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Humanitarian

LT1....I have a M4A3, the exact differences are pretty minor but the weapon itself is a tad shorter, the hand gaurd isnt as long and they are some other very minor differences.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

The M&P is really nice Dan, if I get the restriction lifted from my license I really want to try to carry the 1911, it's just too nice of a weapon not too. I was talking with a gun store employee and he carries his. He said it has alot to do with the holster. He show me his 1911/holster setup and with a shirt over you wont notice. It's a fine line thing about how you walk, twist, the weight of the gun, how it presses against your side....you just need to find what your comfortable with. I have big hands and long *** fingers so the sub-compact guns just dont fit me, I dont like them. For a CC gun I'd look at compact 1911's and compact M&P .45's.
Yeah, I'm a good size fellow too but still a full frame steel gun is difficult to manage without being noticable. A lot does have to do with the holster. Plus being a 45, 10 rds of that stuff at .230 grain isn't exactly light either. I still like the small poly frames for carry for the most part. The .357 sig round is a little power house in a 9mm cartridge. Need a good gun though cause the caliber has been known to mess up the action of guns retrofitted.

I have a kydex holster for my USP, and that sucker would only be conceiled if I had a winter jacket on.

I'd like to compare the new sig P250 to the M&P, but I don't think it's compliant, yet. If you ever find a good deal on a Sig 226 or 229, you won't be dissapointed, makes the glock look like a joke. 229 is a decent midsize carry option too, fits me like a fricken glove too.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LT1....I have a M4A3, the exact differences are pretty minor but the weapon itself is a tad shorter, the hand gaurd isnt as long and they are some other very minor differences.

I like the M4A3's. They are very nice rifles. I think if i decide to get an AR15, I'll go big and grab myself a pre-ban rifle with a 16" upper. Pre-ban mags are still pretty easy to come by with the AR's.

I would also recommend you grab yourself an AK-47 if you ever get the chance.

I would look into removing the top handle if you can, and adding an EOTECH to your AR15. You'll love it. I haven't really looked into the AR15's that much. I'm not sure if the carry handle attaches to a top rail or not. You might have to get a flat top upper where in that case it probably wouldn't be worth. You might be able to tell by looking at it or someone with a few AR's here might be able to chime in and verify.

As for holster, it really is all about the holster. I think anyone who has ever carried can tell you they go through a lot of holsters before finding a good one. I have a whole showbox full. So far the best holsters I have ever bought to date are the Comp-Tac MTAC and the Desantis Superfly.

Personally I prefer the Glocks over the M&P's. I have nothing against the M&P's, they are very nice. It is the lack of hi-caps that keep me from buying one. Not to mention you have to do a trigger job out of the box if you want a decent trigger. The PPS isn't a bad gun for the money. A little low on the capacity but a lot slimmer than a glock or M&P.

Glock 19's and Sig 229's are very nice guns and almost identical in size but if carry is considered, Glock IMO has the edge. If you load 15 rds into aglock and 10 rounds into asig and pick both up the Sig is MUCH heavier. I would like to try the P250. I have seen a few pop up in MA for sale but expect to pay a premium.

Last edited by LT1MCSS; 06-12-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah f'n trigger is like 15lbs on the M&P's in MA.
Like 6 everywhere else.

How that makes you safer I have no f'n idea. My finger doesn't even go on the trigger until I am sure I need to shoot. Fighting the damn trigger will make you less accurate and slower. Plus I am sure if you worked it and used the gun for whatever reason they may hold that against you in court, right or wrong.

Yeah the 229 is fairly heavy, ergonomically it's perfect for me and i consider just small enough to carry. Every gun in MA is expensive from dealer. I get sick when I drive to NH and look at the same damn gun brand new for $200 less.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Humanitarian

Dan - Four Seasons has your Sig's in stock Dan. My 1911 only holds 8 rounds +1 in the chamber.

LT1MCS - I have the M4A3; the "A3" means I have the removable handle. I like the Ecotech's but damn they cost half of what the rifle does! I like the AK's alot, I want a Walther P22, shotgun then the AK. All in due time, maybe over the course of a year or two. I spent alot recently and I'd like ammo more than another firearm at this point.

***** Does anyone have a laser tool that I could borrow to sight in my two firearms ******

If not I am going to Bass Pro to get one, they are like 140.00 and you dont need a bench rest to sight in your weapon now do you need to waste ammo. Oh guys, I have adjustable front (side to side) sights and rear (side to side and up and down) rear. That was major for me. I hate fixed sights where you just have to compensate for how off the firearm is. All the money we spend and you need to compensate, blah!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

BSA makes a laser bore sight kit for like $60.

From my experience bore sighting only gets you close. Your certainly not gonna drive nails unless you get some rounds though it. Many variables, even including the grain of the bullet.

Take it to the range, and bring a few boxes, it's the only way I would be happy with the sighting.

(Cabellas has better pricing too.
You can get a cartridge laser real cheap, or one of their bore kits.)

Last edited by DannoWS6; 06-12-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
8 second mod

I love my glocks. i know its old school but out of every gun i have shot sub comp comp full size etc etc my 27 is my favorite gun, and very easy to carry. i love it. i love the 19 as well, but i couldnt carry mine unless it was outside waist band, and in peabody where i live for some reason it flashed, the cops would be called in no time. so i need something in pocket or inside waist band.

i have an eotech on my ak. i got the side rail mount that comes uptop, i did the eotech and love it. i found it online for under $500 i think it was.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Humanitarian

Brad, you got an unrestricted Class A LTC didn't you? I got the target & hunting.... cops want me to own a gun for a bit until I show them I wont get into trouble after owning my first gun after a month.....whatever.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
8 second mod

Brad, you got an unrestricted Class A LTC didn't you? I got the target & hunting.... cops want me to own a gun for a bit until I show them I wont get into trouble after owning my first gun after a month.....whatever.
correct, i have the unrestricted class a. im in a bad city to get a class a, but owning my own busness helped me out with out having to deal with going threw the class b or the restricted. living in the same city for my eintire life with not one issue on paper helped a bit as well. knock on wood
Old 06-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Humanitarian

The buisness probably helped a ton because I thought your town was really tough. Just another reason to dislike you, whatever, good for you. I would like to see if they would lift my restriction in a year. I just need to get to a range and practice, maybe take a self defense course to prove I'm not an idiot (even though I think a clean record is a better indicator).

Dan - I just want the bore sight to get close. Then I can tweak the iron sights myself. I dont want to waste a ton of ammo when I know the sights will be a sh*t ton off. I will likely get one at Bass Pro. The bullet ones are awesome but I have two calibers so I would need two, eventually 3 because of the P22 Walther then maybe two more for an AK and a 9mm. Might as well get the one that can do all of them.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:10 PM
8 second mod

yes, my town is hard. people that had them for years went threw a procces to renew them. a good tip for lifting the restriction is join some clubs etc, and also, every time you go to the range get a slip so you can show them you go all the time, have allot of time behind them etc etc. thats the best way to do it, and all clubs and ranges will give you a slip. even bobs. lol