Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Virginia Muffler Law???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your friend should know that u do not have to have a muffer to pass his state inspection .....tell him ck his codes . there is a law in ve that says u have to have a muffer . but as long as ur car is not to load u will never be bothered . i have a ss montecarlo v6. i have no muffers . the coe has no commpression bein a stock v6 so there is no noice.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

folks in va it can be inspected with no muffers . only law inspectors havbe is it has to havbe no leaks and run out side or rear of car pass passengers im a start inspector .....
The following users liked this post:
JoshuaGrooms83 (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

Sooooo im guessing fender exits are a nogo in Virgina? 😁 Damn... guess I'm gonna have to stick the slp LM on my turbod car then. im in Orange County and ive been driving my car with only the dump pipe off the turbo under the car for now. its pretty loud when i get on it but the stock ls1 makes it pretty docile at idle still even with just the turbo in the way. I might do a cut out for a fender dump and put my full exhaust back on. I do miss my 4" tips out back. Ive probably been slipping by due to having WI plates on since ive been living in VA but need to transition over to VA registration soon. Stupid COIVD is making DMV appointments freaking ridiculous

Quick Reply: Virginia Muffler Law???