Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

help - egr diagram ??? for an 01/02

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009 | 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Default help - egr diagram ??? for an 01/02

hi - can anyone help me remember the egr layout for an 01/02 v-8 f-body
i am reconstructing one here in california and have posted here on the eastern forum due to the time difference ( you guys are 3 hours ahead of me and im hoping to have some pics when i get up in the morning, i have an appointment with the smog referee in the morning and need to get up early, i have a box of 98-02 parts and manifolds, but cant remember for the life of me how the 01/02 system is plumbed up - i know the rh manifold is blocked off but the only valve i have on the back lh side of the intake has 3 ports and i kinow one of them goes to the air pump down the lh side of the fender, 1 goes to the short egr pipe on the lh manifold, do i need a different 2-port valve or am i forgetting something ??? - can anyone send me a couple of detailed shots or a drawing on how this goes back ?thanks a million - shane / riverside ca / smog sh-thole of the planet
Old 06-25-2009 | 04:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You probably would've been better off posting this in the external engine section to get more people to chime in.
Old 06-25-2009 | 05:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1W
hi - can anyone help me remember the egr layout for an 01/02 v-8 f-body
i am reconstructing one here in california and have posted here on the eastern forum due to the time difference ( you guys are 3 hours ahead of me and im hoping to have some pics when i get up in the morning, i have an appointment with the smog referee in the morning and need to get up early, i have a box of 98-02 parts and manifolds, but cant remember for the life of me how the 01/02 system is plumbed up - i know the rh manifold is blocked off but the only valve i have on the back lh side of the intake has 3 ports and i kinow one of them goes to the air pump down the lh side of the fender, 1 goes to the short egr pipe on the lh manifold, do i need a different 2-port valve or am i forgetting something ??? - can anyone send me a couple of detailed shots or a drawing on how this goes back ?thanks a million - shane / riverside ca / smog sh-thole of the planet

I am assuming you are talking about tha AIR system not EGR since 01-02 cars didn't have EGR.

The AIR has a hose that goes to both the left and right manifolds and then the hose that goes to the air pump. IT does also have some small vaccum lines that go to it and a solenoid but I don't remember the lay out exactly