Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

going to nyc for one day

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to nyc for one day

what are the most see's??????? i know i should probably see the empire state building and statue of liberty but what are the other places that are most see's? and my girlfriend is obviously going to take me to canal street (she has been to the city once, but doesn't really know much about it and where we should go besides there)

i originally put this in the racers lounge but was told to put it here
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've only been to NYC a few times (im from boston) espn zone was cool to visit. and the sony place.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

next time i will go i am definetly going to make a trip to ground zero and pay my respects, other then that the statue of liberty, radio city music hall, i personally even being a guy liked Tiffany's, something about seeing jewelry that cost as much as a new c6Zo6 or 5 fbodies lmao. its just funny to me that people spend that kind of cash on something so small.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Launching!

• Time Square
  • Central Park
  • Ground Zero
  • The Rock (Rockefeller Center)
  • Statue of Liberty
  • Ellis Island
  • New York Stock Exchange
  • Countless shops (you mentioned Canal Street)
  • Museums
  • Take a helicopter ride
  • Just walk around and take it all in.
I love going to the Big Apple.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:48 AM
9 Second Club

If you're just going for the one day I would say go to the museum of natural history early in the day, you can set it up on line.
Then go down to the south street seaport area and see the Bodies exhibit and you can eat and shop in that area as well. That will take up the whole day.
Of course there's alot more to see and do but for just the one day that should be good for you and your girl.
I drive by Ground Zero a few times a week to get to work, can't really access it as they are still doing all the construction but you can still get a good view of it.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:35 AM
CARTEK Racing

Scores! Rick's cabaret!

LOL

Honestly, Brooklyn Mike's sugestion is a good one. The Museum of Natural History is always a good place to go and will appeal to anyone. NY also as countless art museums but it depends on your taste in art, you can go to the Met, MoMa, New Museum, GuggenheimMuseum of Folk Art on and on and on...

South Street Seaport is always cool, they have a enclosed mall with great food and shopping. The boddies exhibit is still there and really cool as was stated earlier.

Canal street is fun, but its not what it used to be. Unless you know where to look you will never find good knock-offs, sometimes if you are lucky, they have the real ****, stolen, and 25% the real cost lol, but that is rare, especialy if you do not know where to look and who to ask.