Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Diego Sanchez SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Why would dirty sanchez show up to fight? He was already champ in his mind, remember
Old 12-15-2009, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha the "YES!" Cartwheel. the guy is a looney bin no doubt. i just figured it would of been a closer fight then it was. i heard there is rumors they are gonna try and have a UFC PPV in 2010 in Fenway Park. that would be awesome.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mir v Kongo was my fave; but Penn v Sanchez wasn't even close.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 9802TransAm
Mir v Kongo was my fave; but Penn v Sanchez wasn't even close.
Like Mir vs Congo was? How long did that last...a minute maybe?? lol
Old 12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Race your car!

who won that one?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
who won that one?
Mir punched Congo, Congo went down, Mir chocked Congo, Congo went unconscious. End of fight.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Race your car!

Sounds about right.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Oh and during the post fight interview Mir called Lesnar out....not sure if Mir forgot what happened last due to him being knocked senseless or what but I don't think that was a good idea.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't watch the fight, but I'm glad to hear dirty sanchez lost. Honestly he's good for 1 round, then he's done. Out of gas, and out of talent. Good to hear penn put a whopping on him, would have been even better if he let it go a couple more rounds, and made it look really ugly, then make him QUIT with a submission, only after beating him to a pulp. I wonder if that idiot still thinks's he's the champ
Are you kidding me? Sanchez has some of the best cardio in MMA. You have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the florian/guida fight... how did guida lose? Only florian fight I remember, is the one that he pulled the dirty elbow on the top of joe stevenson's head, and cut him so bad he had so much blood in his face he couldn't see the whole damn fight... if guida lost because of that, it's a bum deal and they should have done to florian the same that they did to jon jones a while back... disqualified him. But if it was a legit fight and florian won, good for him. I just know he will pull the dirty elbow if he gets the chance.
Uhh, Stevenson wasn't cut in the Florian fight. You're thinking of the Stevenson/Penn fight. Again, no idea what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
i think you need to realize MMA is unpredictable. If Sanchez didnt get caught in the first round i think it would of been a much different fight. even though your right skill wise Penn is far superior. but anyone can get caught
You really think it would have been different? Penn completely outclassed Sanchez in every single aspect of the game. I don't see how you can assume that the fight would have been different if one hook hadn't been landed.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Race your car!

Lesnar is a big guy that's really powerful, and fast... but sooner or later he's gonna run into someone that's gonna put a hurt on him too. he seems unbeatable right now, but sooner or later, someone is gonna come along that's got a realyl good read on his style, and that will be the end of him.

Happens with all of the greats sooner or later, hence why the argument of who's the best is always up for debate.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Lesnar is a big guy that's really powerful, and fast... but sooner or later he's gonna run into someone that's gonna put a hurt on him too. he seems unbeatable right now, but sooner or later, someone is gonna come along that's got a realyl good read on his style, and that will be the end of him.

Happens with all of the greats sooner or later, hence why the argument of who's the best is always up for debate.
Yeah I have no doubt he'll lose but I don't see it happening to Mir again...esp the way he handled him the last fight. I'm actually interested to see Lensar fight Carwin...they look pretty equal physically at least.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's not really true at all, it's been accepted for a while that Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest mixed martial artist competing today. The pound-for-pound argument is a little tougher, I suppose.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Race your car!

carwin would make a good fight. Mir, has good ability, but I think he's lacking in the pwr department, lesnar will overpower him. Mir has the skill to beat lesnar, but he needs to build up alot more power, little more speed wouldn't hurt either.

Vendetta... you're intitled to your opinion. But dirty sanchez.... is not the factor that he likes to think he is. He might have a good cardio game.. but he's a 1 round frenzy, then that's it, he might be able to keep going, but there's no power left.

You are right, I did mix up the fight I was thinking of where florian pulled the dirty elbow trick, that was the fight that he had with joe lauzon (spelling)... he gave him the dirty elbow to the top of the head.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vendetta
That's not really true at all, it's been accepted for a while that Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest mixed martial artist competing today. The pound-for-pound argument is a little tougher, I suppose.
Now that would truly be an awsome fight....Fedor vs Lesnar.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Vendetta... you're intitled to your opinion. But dirty sanchez.... is not the factor that he likes to think he is. He might have a good cardio game.. but he's a 1 round frenzy, then that's it, he might be able to keep going, but there's no power left.
It's not opinion, it's fact. What you said was just flat out false. Name me one fight where Sanchez "gassed out" in the first round, as you said.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Race your car!

Name me one fight that he's done something impressive after the 2nd round
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Name me one fight that he's done something impressive after the 2nd round
Nice try at a deflection.

Answer my question and I'll describe to you in detail a few instances in which he's done something impressive after in the second or third round. Or is it the 2nd round, now? Make up your mind.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Race your car!

Your opinon, you're entitled to it.

Bottom line: he got spanked around, his self proclaimed "champ" status is now been shifted over to "chump" status.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

What do you guys think of Rampage ditching the UFC for an acting career? I was really looking forward to his fight w/ Rashad and was definitely disappointed that it never took place.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your opinon, you're entitled to it.

Bottom line: he got spanked around, his self proclaimed "champ" status is now been shifted over to "chump" status.
That's what I thought.

As for my answer, here you go:

In general, against Parisyan, Diaz, and Fitch he had great third rounds. Lots of scrambles and submission attempts. Especially against Fitch. He went all out, mostly on his back, and came very close to landing submissions. Very active, no signs of gassing out whatsoever.

In particular, it'd be the Fioravanti fight, in which he ended in the third round with a great display of striking. Specifically, he landed various combos throughout the round and eventually knocked Fioravanti out with a high kick and a knee.

Yes, he was clearly dominated in that fight. However, calling him a chump is laughable. He was a top-10 fighter at 170 lbs for a long time, and there's no reason to think that he won't be a top fighter at 155 lbs as well.