Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Atco today 12-12

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
ANy reason why? If i recall wasnt it really lean?
Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
If I recall, didn't that same lean tune break someone else's motor? Why would you switch back when RPM's tune made more power and safely?
Well to be honest when I went to the track that tues. after the tune it went slower so I wasn't too happy so when I went to my track rental on tues. oct.20 I ran the car on rpm's tune and it ran fine and then we put the original tune in to compare and the car went .10 faster with the same sixty ft. and a little more mph. After many passes that day since the car went faster even though the air was getting warmer in the afternoon I decided to leave the original tune in.

So in all fairness even though I do appreciate Fran and the way he treated me the car ran quicker with the old tune so I am posting this to inform everyone what happened. I do not want this thread to get out of hand as I respect all who do work on our cars.

As for the the lean issue the a/f was checked during the track rental and was fine so I don't see that being a problem, and I have made at least 50-60 more passes since then and have had no issues.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats their old man!! you an ant were puttin down some good times on saturday! your car def. running alot stronger since you went back to the old tune!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DadsZ28
Well to be honest when I went to the track that tues. after the tune it went slower so I wasn't too happy so when I went to my track rental on tues. oct.20 I ran the car on rpm's tune and it ran fine and then we put the original tune in to compare and the car went .10 faster with the same sixty ft. and a little more mph. After many passes that day since the car went faster even though the air was getting warmer in the afternoon I decided to leave the original tune in.

So in all fairness even though I do appreciate Fran and the way he treated me the car ran quicker with the old tune so I am posting this to inform everyone what happened. I do not want this thread to get out of hand as I respect all who do work on our cars.

As for the the lean issue the a/f was checked during the track rental and was fine so I don't see that being a problem, and I have made at least 50-60 more passes since then and have had no issues.

Thats understandable but being lean will always go faster. To me .1 isnt worth being lean over. Also how old was the wideband you checked it with at the track? We replace our sensors every few monthes just to make sure they are dead accurate. At time we will compare 2 sensors. I know you didnt mean it to be a bash thread. I deff dont take offense to you using someone elses tune. We just tune all of our cars on the safe side bc .1 isnt worth anything to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
Thats understandable but being lean will always go faster. To me .1 isnt worth being lean over. Also how old was the wideband you checked it with at the track? We replace our sensors every few monthes just to make sure they are dead accurate. At time we will compare 2 sensors. I know you didnt mean it to be a bash thread. I deff dont take offense to you using someone elses tune. We just tune all of our cars on the safe side bc .1 isnt worth anything to me.

Fran that is understandable we dont want to chance running a street car on the lean side for a 0.1 increase in ET. Gregs car was not lean at any time 12.8-12.9 AFR at the engine before the functioning factory cat converters will certainly show lean on a wideband placed in a position after the cats.

Proper inspection of the plugs tell exactly what is occurring in the combustion chamber which was also checked to verify Gregs tune that is in it now.

Just like Greg said he wasnt trying to turn his new best time thread into a bash at anyone. That was started by the arm chair tuner.

I have been at your shop and spoke with u in person when i dropped off the 28" slicks in trade for the 26" slicks for Carlo you certainly have my respect as one of the leading shops on the east cost. Dont take anything out of this posts as negative towards your shop in any way.

Thank you Tommy
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
If I recall, didn't that same lean tune break someone else's motor? Why would you switch back when RPM's tune made more power and safely?

get your facts straight before u start bashing anyone. this is greg's thread to state his new best times. stay on topic.

Originally Posted by DadsZ28

congrats greg!!!! that thing is flyin!

and props for settin the record straight.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper SS
Fran that is understandable we dont want to chance running a street car on the lean side for a 0.1 increase in ET. Gregs car was not lean at any time 12.8-12.9 AFR at the engine before the functioning factory cat converters will certainly show lean on a wideband placed in a position after the cats.

Proper inspection of the plugs tell exactly what is occurring in the combustion chamber which was also checked to verify Gregs tune that is in it now.

Just like Greg said he wasnt trying to turn his new best time thread into a bash at anyone. That was started by the arm chair tuner.

I have been at your shop and spoke with u in person when i dropped off the 28" slicks in trade for the 26" slicks for Carlo you certainly have my respect as one of the leading shops on the east cost. Dont take anything out of this posts as negative towards your shop in any way.

Thank you Tommy

Yeah i am in now way taking offense to anything. I remember you. His car runs good for what it is none the less.

Quick Reply: Atco today 12-12