Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Will Andy Reid and D. McNaab ever win a superbowl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thechef
How bout them dallas cowboys!!!!
Look at the Dallas fan in CT, hahaha
America's team knows no boundries.

I think a major issue with the Birds is Westbrook. Guy is hurt a good majority of the time and it must be difficult to plan games around whether he's gonna be in the line up or not. I think the Eagles need to follow the current NFL trend of getting 2 or 3 DURABLE runningbacks and rotate them through the games to keep concistency in the offense. I think the days of having one running back play a whole season, especially with the 16 game schedule and the speed and size of the modern day football player make it nearly inpossible for a rb to last a whole season taking playing every down.
Lotta dropped passes goes to fundamentals and that's coaching absolutely.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think with the RB comment is half the issue with ALL NFL teams. The starters play 99.9% of the game and the back ups get NO game time and when they do get subbed in, its like Indy when they were finally beaten. You cannot afford to get your starters hurt but you need people who are "seasoned" and talented enough to with the games.

If your continually rotating out positions, players can then be subbed out without fear of having a major **** up or errors made.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tektrans
Look at the Dallas fan in CT, hahaha
America's team knows no boundries.

I think a major issue with the Birds is Westbrook. Guy is hurt a good majority of the time and it must be difficult to plan games around whether he's gonna be in the line up or not. I think the Eagles need to follow the current NFL trend of getting 2 or 3 DURABLE runningbacks and rotate them through the games to keep concistency in the offense. I think the days of having one running back play a whole season, especially with the 16 game schedule and the speed and size of the modern day football player make it nearly inpossible for a rb to last a whole season taking playing every down.
Lotta dropped passes goes to fundamentals and that's coaching absolutely.
Hey now i grew up in Texas, no bandwagoning here
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
Hey now i grew up in Texas, no bandwagoning here
No kidding? I didn't know that. Fair enough Chef, you've suffered long and hard-Cowboys fans deserve a play-off run!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

What I'm getting tired of hearing from those 2 is "next year", we look forward to "next year". **** THAT, I want to hear them say "we sucked, we got our asses kicked". Stop brushing today off and stop looking to next year....I know the Eagles can't go to the SB or win it every year but EVERY year it's the same speech, almost word for word...it's like they have the attitude of brushing off the loss and lets hurry up and get to next year.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Of course they want next year to come, because they want everyone to forget how they fell apart again this year.

But, it's to be expected. Mcnabb is a choker, and the rest of the team, isn't up to the task either.

They won't win next year, or the next, or the next.

Mcnabb will retire before he wins a superbowl, you can quote me on that and in 5 or 6 years when he calls it quits and still doesn't have a ring, you can bring this back up
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm...where to start...

Reid is a terrible coach and i cant beleive he got a 3 year extension. he has absolutely no idea how to call a play. he's so predictable you'd think the opposing team had a spy on our side of the field. clock managment is horrific. his subburn attitude against the run is seriously getting very old. having someone like Weaver on the team and not taking full advantage of his size and strength is complete bullheadness. Weaver would wear down defenses if givin the time much like Jacobs in New York yet he still refuses to run more then 15 times a game. RETARDED!!!!

ive been on Mcnabb's side for a very long time. most of his issues are directly related to other bigger issues on the team. case in point, his accuracy. it suffers when he's rushed and therefore ***** go into the dirt and/or behind the receiver. pass protection has been horrible this year with injuries and such. its not entirely his fault.

with all that said...my answer is HELL NO they cant win a superbowl. they couldnt win 1 with the 2002-2006 teams which, in my opinion, where the best ones of the Ried era so they're definetly not winning one now.

they have a better chance of winning with Kolb at QB in my opinion. i think he's the real deal and mark my words...Mcnabb will start next year if he's still here but he's not gonna finish the season in a starting roll. Kolb will be starting halfway through.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the worst part of the eagles losing was listening to all the cowboys fans on a local forum im on. I know not all cowboys fans are idiots but damnit, these guys are just pieces of trash.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Rick, well said about the 02-06 team(s). Imagine if they had a TO type receiver back when we had the 3-headed monsters in the backfield. I'm sure I'll catch a lot of **** for this but if they had stud wide receiver in early/mid 2000's I really think we would have been talking about an Eagles dynasty instead of a Patriots dynasty. Obviously I have no facts to back up that claim but I really think it would have happened...such as the life of a Philly sports fan "coulda, shoulda, woulda"
Old 01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frosty
Rick, well said about the 02-06 team(s). Imagine if they had a TO type receiver back when we had the 3-headed monsters in the backfield. I'm sure I'll catch a lot of **** for this but if they had stud wide receiver in early/mid 2000's I really think we would have been talking about an Eagles dynasty instead of a Patriots dynasty. Obviously I have no facts to back up that claim but I really think it would have happened...such as the life of a Philly sports fan "coulda, shoulda, woulda"
dont even say that. around here youll just get people telling you "LOL SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA YOUR TEAM SUCKS, YOUR WHOLE ORGANIZATION HAS NO CLASS NOR DO THE FANS. YOU THROW BATTERIES" its so annoying. I dont even wear eagles apparel any more because other people are such ******** about it. I went to the jets-falcons game and I was getting fucked with despite me not saying ANYTHING to ANYONE. its getting old.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by zigroid
dont even say that. around here youll just get people telling you "LOL SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA YOUR TEAM SUCKS, YOUR WHOLE ORGANIZATION HAS NO CLASS NOR DO THE FANS. YOU THROW BATTERIES" its so annoying. I dont even wear eagles apparel any more because other people are such ******** about it. I went to the jets-falcons game and I was getting fucked with despite me not saying ANYTHING to ANYONE. its getting old.
I've never been to an Eagles home game so I don't know from experience but I've heard, many times phrases like "don't even think about going there with a Giants jersey on" "you'll be in a fight in no time and get screwed with all day".
I've heard this form a couple firnds of mine that have been there. The fact that you're now going through the same thing seems ironic and if it's true about the Eagle fans in Philly it seems kinda just if you think about it.
Kidding aside seems like you are way past that stuff (like myself) so it I definately agree that it gets old quick when you have to be around it, unfortunatley it's the one thing about tailgating and going to games that everyone could just do without.
Guilt by association is what you're saying, that's never fair.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate heckling and talking ****. I dont do it to anyone but its done to me all the time.

to answer the OP's original question, no they wont. they should go after bill cowher and trade mcnabb for a good linebacker.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM
9 Second Club

You ever get the feeling as a fan that you take the games more serious than the players do? I felt that way this year watching the Giants fall to pieces. I can see where McNaab smiling his way through another playoff loss would get under a Philly fans skin. I think this loss carry over to next year for alot of pissed off Philly fans and McNabb/Reid will be under fire if they don't produce at least a playoff win next season. Maybe Vick will become the starter at some point next season if he's still there.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think vick was just a decoy of some sort. I dont think he was ever meant to play a major role in the eagles offense. the eagles wanted to get him and trade him, raising his stock during the year. at least thats what I get out of their actions.

it does annoy me when mcnabb screws up then just smiles, shrugging it off, as if he's not even worried.

when you look at it though, mcnabb was probably the best option at the time they got him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ence=any&type=

not much there for QBs in '99 draft.

I say give kolb the reigns. it may take some time but I think he would develop in to a solid quarterback.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think the whole nfl is rigged like wrestling.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 AM
On The Tree

Question Eagles ''sucksssssssssssssssssss''

MCNABB # 5 AN,T A LIVE, AND WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPINSHIP.
WITH THAT,BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....
AND ANTY REED AN,T MUNCH BETTER.......
Old 01-14-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

the eagirls relied to much on the big play this year. a lot of the time they were one dimensional. 3 of the 4 teams that won this past weekend had a strong run game and great defense which the eagirls lacked
Old 01-14-2010, 02:05 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the biggest thing with Reid and McNaab and even Jefferey Laurie and the top brass of the Eagles is the thought of "good enough". You get the impression that they are satisfied with making the playoffs and having a good season. It's hard to be the best team, and beat the other good teams if good enough is your goal.

I'm a Giants fan, and I'd rather suffer through some 6-10 seasons knowing that they are rebuilding and making a run at the SuperBowl and being "The BEST" rather than spouting off playoff statistics and win-loss records, when the only thing that matters is number of rings and Lombardi trophies in the case. The McNaab/Reid combo has a very good record, but has never tasted greatness.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Dear Philadelphia Eagles,

Run the ******* BALL!

Sincerely, the fans.

Personally if McNabb gave a **** about losing as much as B-Dawk did, there would be a difference. That man truly hates to lose and sure as hell doesn't want to be the reason they lost. That is why he had so much desire and fire.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Teching In

They had their chance when they had Terrell Owens!! greatest WR ever!!!