Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

where to get rim repaired and rechromed in MD

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get rim repaired and rechromed in MD

so i have some 2000 oem c5 rims, one of the front ones is messed up, its seems like it is definately fixable because it still holds air. id also like to get all 4 of them recleared or rechromed whichever it needs cause the clear is peeling. ive been told that these are the more expensive rims cause they were suppossed to be alot lighter (by the way if anyone knows what im talking about or what they were called im kinda interested). but if anyone knows a place in Maryland (preferably baltimore area) that would be really useful. id like to get them redone by may.
i can take pictures tomorrow hopefully to show you the damaged one and the spots on them where the clear is peeling.
but thanks alot in advance i really apreciate it

and does anyone have any idea how much it could cost
Old 01-24-2010, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried "Ye Ol' Wheel Shoppe" in Elkridge? They used to do nice work...I haven't used them in years, but its worth a call...

--Alan
Old 01-24-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could go to wheel worx. I work for a bodyshop in glen burnie and thats who does ours.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Launching!

02BLKWS6MD do you work on funance branch road cause i see a orange ws6 all the time going to the body shop. i love that car, but im pretty sure ive seen it at 711 once or twice before too. i have a lt1 red trans am.
but how is the quality of work from wheel worx, and if you know how decent are there prices. i might try to call them some time this week.

and thanks alan ive never heard of them but ill definately give them a call too.
only thing ive noticed is that some of these places only say something about redoing alloy rims and painting them, i def want chrome. but again ill try to call them this week

heres some quick pics that i took

Damage

Clears peeling
Old 01-25-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I work for jba collision center and yes I do go to that 711 for lunch somedays. Wheel worx is good but I dont know theyre prices since we just let the insurance company pay for the work. I think I've seen your LT1 bird before, do you live in point pleasant? I've seen a red LT1 bird going into point pleasant a few times.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Launching!

yea thats me. im gonna try to call wheel worx this week. thanks for the info
Old 01-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Launching!

by the way i seen that your gonna be down cruisers weekend on the oc thread. i cant wait to go down and finally see your car up close.

Quick Reply: where to get rim repaired and rechromed in MD