Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

COD Modern Warfare 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want a Nuke so I get the title so I will do a Harrier, Chopper, and Nuke. But when you prestige once, you get all these new titles to open up so its worth it to do it once, then call in for packages so you can work on all the Prestige KS stuff.

I am a big fan of the ACR w/ a Scope. I play alot of Free For All and w/ a Heart Beat sensor, I tend to do very well.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate them damn heartbeat sensors. No skill involved. Put on ninja and you can walk up and stab them in the face, because there so caught up in looking for little red blips on the screen of the gun.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Internet Mechanic

What I do is listen for the Blips, but I am always looking. So if I blip happens. I stop, get in a safe place and look. I do not use it for Ground War since there is always someone to kill in the area.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ACR is an awsome gun....my 2nd favorite behind the Tar.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned

Any of you guys having trouble signing on the ps3 network ? I keep getting error 8001050f
Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MuscleLs1Power
Any of you guys having trouble signing on the ps3 network ? I keep getting error 8001050f
everyone who does not have a ps3 slim cant sign in right now for some reason. but all the slims do work....

was just on the Playstation forum trying to find out.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
everyone who does not have a ps3 slim cant sign in right now for some reason. but all the slims do work....

was just on the Playstation forum trying to find out.
Damn I was stressing out I thought my ps3 was messed up, thanks for replying .
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was freaking out too. also just recieved a notice from PSN via facebook. they confirmed its a problem they are working on repairing.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Good. We should get an online private match goin on night with everyone on here. I gotta see what my schedule is like this week being that were primming my car this week.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

im down for an online match as always. i just gotta remember we are doin it.

changing the color on the car?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Banned

im down for an online match as always. i just gotta remember we are doin it.

changing the color on the car?
Yea medium blue metallic. It's getting done with the correct materials, in a booth etc....
Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MuscleLs1Power
Yea medium blue metallic. It's getting done with the correct materials, in a booth etc....
nice. be sure to post pics when its done!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Playstations statement about the error.....

Statement from Sony regarding 8001050F error. Bottom line, if you have a fat PS3, do not use it for 24 hours. The news came in Sony's first comprehensive statement about the error plaguing PS3s worldwide.

Today's statement came from Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman Patrick Seybold, who told Kotaku yesterday that Sony was on the case. The company's engineers in Japan and elsewhere are trying to resolve a problem that has left PS3s around the world in an unusable state. Original theories that this only affected online-connected consoles, has been disproven.

From Sony:

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:
* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; "Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game."
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; "The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)"
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please check either the PlayStation blog (blog.us.playstation.com) or PlayStation.com.
- Show quoted text -

One possible fix suggested by some gamers has been a manipulation of the console's battery. Seybold could not confirm to Kotaku that this works and said that opening the PS3's shell would void the machine's warranty.

We will have more on this major story as it develops.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

Playstations statement about the error.....

Statement from Sony regarding 8001050F error. Bottom line, if you have a fat PS3, do not use it for 24 hours. The news came in Sony's first comprehensive statement about the error plaguing PS3s worldwide.

Today's statement came from Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman Patrick Seybold, who told Kotaku yesterday that Sony was on the case. The company's engineers in Japan and elsewhere are trying to resolve a problem that has left PS3s around the world in an unusable state. Original theories that this only affected online-connected consoles, has been disproven.

From Sony:

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:
* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; "Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game."
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; "The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)"
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please check either the PlayStation blog (blog.us.playstation.com) or PlayStation.com.
- Show quoted text -

One possible fix suggested by some gamers has been a manipulation of the console's battery. Seybold could not confirm to Kotaku that this works and said that opening the PS3's shell would void the machine's warranty.

We will have more on this major story as it develops.
Thanks for the update, it sounds likea pretty serious problem.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:41 PM
CARTEK Racing

Guess im not playing MW2 tonight...

Might as well, I suck at the game in general but I can still have fun, but lately I have been sucking something fierce and I just get frustrated and suck more, maybe a day off will be a good thing.

I just dont get it, one round I can go 25-5 and the next round Ill go 9-13 with the same people in the room... I am way too inconsistant. I keep making new classes and just have not found a gun that works well for me. I need to go back to old classes that seemed to have worked but I cant remember what I used lol.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Guess im not playing MW2 tonight...

Might as well, I suck at the game in general but I can still have fun, but lately I have been sucking something fierce and I just get frustrated and suck more, maybe a day off will be a good thing.

I just dont get it, one round I can go 25-5 and the next round Ill go 9-13 with the same people in the room... I am way too inconsistant. I keep making new classes and just have not found a gun that works well for me. I need to go back to old classes that seemed to have worked but I cant remember what I used lol.
Thats exactly how I am dude. My friends think its someone else playing sometimes lol The thing that kills me is I just got the game 2 months ago and I don't have the maps exactly memorized like most.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

My kill/death ratio is like 0.66, and I have guys who are consistant 1.2 and up to 1.44 but I am not conerned on the number of deaths. As long as I do things that help the team, that is what matters.

In Ground War matches (18 players), I have a Riot Shield class that number one I get tons of exp towards the next prestige and often I am a distraction that my teammates can get the shooters while they focus on me.

A Tip: Next time you prestige and your level 1, Play the default riot sheild class. You should go up on levels like crazy, especially if your not expecting to level up a weapon like crazy. This prestige, I have focused on the Famas, I want title for it!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
My kill/death ratio is like 0.66, and I have guys who are consistant 1.2 and up to 1.44 but I am not conerned on the number of deaths. As long as I do things that help the team, that is what matters.

In Ground War matches (18 players), I have a Riot Shield class that number one I get tons of exp towards the next prestige and often I am a distraction that my teammates can get the shooters while they focus on me.

A Tip: Next time you prestige and your level 1, Play the default riot sheild class. You should go up on levels like crazy, especially if your not expecting to level up a weapon like crazy. This prestige, I have focused on the Famas, I want title for it!
I have fun with the riot shield guys... one time in Terminal I had a huge drudge match with a guy using that class. In one instance, he came out of the jet way leading to the plane into the terminal, and went into the corner so he has the corner protecting his back, and the shield to me. I threw a granade at him but because I suck throwing granades, it hit the wall behind him, and fell between him and the shield. He thought he was protected, but he traped himself with the nade lol. BOOM, he went flying across the terminal. I could not stop laughing and got shot by someone else lol
Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
I have fun with the riot shield guys... one time in Terminal I had a huge drudge match with a guy using that class. In one instance, he came out of the jet way leading to the plane into the terminal, and went into the corner so he has the corner protecting his back, and the shield to me. I threw a granade at him but because I suck throwing granades, it hit the wall behind him, and fell between him and the shield. He thought he was protected, but he traped himself with the nade lol. BOOM, he went flying across the terminal. I could not stop laughing and got shot by someone else lol
Actually the other day I deflected a Predetor Missle, I still died but I got an achievement and also sitting infront of a few sentry gunners and laughing as it just blows through ammo.

I got all achivements except bullets deflected so I will have to work on that
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Gernades and shooting at their feet are the only way to stop them. Unless you can run around and knife them. Any update on the ps3 network issue?