Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Playoff Hockey WOOT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010 | 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Bah lets go anyone but Philly and Pitt
Old 04-22-2010 | 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

I "almost" feel bad for Marty...having such a heartless team in front of him. Kovalchoke certainly wasn't a smart move...one meaningful goal and was a non-factor for most of the series.
Old 04-22-2010 | 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

I was expecting this to happen but was hoping they would of picked it up in the post season. This was their worst possible match up. It is funny how they can't beat Philly but can spank the Penguins and Philly cant beat the penguins.
Old 04-23-2010 | 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Go pens...
Old 04-24-2010 | 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Devilish34
I was expecting this to happen but was hoping they would of picked it up in the post season. This was their worst possible match up. It is funny how they can't beat Philly but can spank the Penguins and Philly cant beat the penguins.
Each team matches up differently.
Old 04-24-2010 | 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
Each team matches up differently.
I know...
Old 04-24-2010 | 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Wow so I am guessing the devils lost the series in this stupid game of hockey? John I feel so bad for you. Your such a phucking ******. Lets go flyers and if they make it to the playoffs I will atleast watch a game. Hockey Sucks the players ruined the game with wanting to make a fortune for playing a stupid sport.
Old 04-24-2010 | 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Wow so I am guessing the devils lost the series in this stupid game of hockey? John I feel so bad for you. Your such a phucking ******. Lets go flyers and if they make it to the playoffs I will atleast watch a game. Hockey Sucks the players ruined the game with wanting to make a fortune for playing a stupid sport.
Thank you for that completely POINTLESS post....the playoffs started almost two weeks ago...do us REAL Flyers/hockey fans a favor and don't watch..stick to whatever lame sport you watch....then if you want to watch SKILL then flip on a hockey game.

If you don't watch hockey(and subsequently know NOTHING about it) how do you know the players "ruined" it? There were a lot more factors into the lockout than just players salaries, A LOT more(but I'm sure you knew that already). Ironically the NHL is doing better now financially than it was before the lockout.
Old 04-24-2010 | 12:37 PM
9 Second Club

Thank you for that completely POINTLESS post....the playoffs started almost two weeks ago...do us REAL Flyers/hockey fans a favor and don't watch..stick to whatever lame sport you watch....then if you want to watch SKILL then flip on a hockey game.

If you don't watch hockey(and subsequently know NOTHING about it) how do you know the players "ruined" it? There were a lot more factors into the lockout than just players salaries, A LOT more(but I'm sure you knew that already). Ironically the NHL is doing better now financially than it was before the lockout.
Thanks for your opinion on my knowledge of the sport. Happened to play ice hockey in an organized league from age 13 to 16. I played roller hockey from age 15 to 24... So I`m willing to bet I know quite a bit about the sport. And they (players) screwed up bad. Hockey ratings have the worst of all the major sports.... So I am far from alone in this matter. Let me your sport is aired on the channel VS. yeah your drawing a big crowd. The sport quite frankly is lame to watch but is fun to play. Kind of like golf. I was a die hard fan like alot of people but the lockout collapsed the sport and the fan base including me. And this is an open forum.... You post your opinion I post mine. I will stick to my favorite sport to watch football where the players a kept in line and punished for being jackasses. Hey no problem if your one of those South Philly guys who has the litttle Stanley cup orniments hanging on the front door more power to you. But it looks foolish. Grown men walking around with hockey jerseys on out on a night on the town... Hope your not one of those guys because that would crack me up. I could see my kid wearing a hockey jersey not a grown man. LMAO!!!!
Old 04-24-2010 | 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Nope, don't live in South Philly and I wear my jersey to games only.(nice attempt at an insult)

So you're saying playoff hockey is worse than football? Right. 1 play that lasts 7 seconds then almost a minute off....yep...big time exciting.

Hockey is getting back to being somewhat popular, yes it caters to a smaller base because most people are too stupid to understand the sport, most people don't understand the skill involved...they'd rather watch a bunch of dumbfuck ghetto superstars throw a ball through a hoop.

Since you opened the door to players being jackasses...hmmmm....how many more football players are arrested or suspended due to criminal activities...now look at hockey. Yeah...bad example bud.

Football is probably my 2nd sport but you whine and complain about hockey players making too much $$$ and ******* the sport over...well the NFL isn't exactly squeaky clean either, it's unlikely but there's a chance there might not be a season after the CBA expires(again, unlikely but there are a lot of issues with the NFL).
Old 04-24-2010 | 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

BTW, why'd you come into a hockey thread to begin with other than to start trouble?

On a side note, are you an Eagles fan? If so what do you think of their picks?
Old 04-24-2010 | 01:25 PM
9 Second Club

BTW, why'd you come into a hockey thread to begin with other than to start trouble?

On a side note, are you an Eagles fan? If so what do you think of their picks?
Yep came in here to start trouble with the OP he is a friend. Yes I am an eagles fan and to be honest I dont get into the draft stuff. I dont buy the nfl garbage and I dont even go to the games. I cant stand drunks!!!! The eagles get maybe a couples hours of my viewing time on sunday most weekends. More of a Monday/Sunday night football fan. I got so wrapped up into sports at one point in my life I couldn`t sleep if my team lost. Since then I have grown a big sense of humor torwards sports and the athletes. There so dumb they are for the most part all kids games. They have no bearing on your life they could careless about you so why give such a dam about them.

As for the athletes in hockey players getting into trouble no one really cares. Except for the superstars I think Mr.Lindros had a few troubles that were reported. And I think team USA at the Olympics the one year that had some troubles you will only hear about the few superstars in hockey and I dont know if there are any superstars in hockey there are no Michael Jordans in Hockey and Wayne and Mario are gone for the most part. And frankly I dont think I know one other star in the game other than the NJ goalie but he is older than dirt. I would expect less trouble from hockey players for the most part they all grow up as privliged children to begin with. There not kids that fought there way through the hood to become something and have something. Do you have any idea what hockey cost my parents how many kids in the hood could afford that.
Old 04-24-2010 | 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Haha ***.... Hockey is by far a more entertaining sport than football, baseball, and basketball combined.
Old 04-24-2010 | 01:47 PM
Teching In

There's not too many other sports where the player can get his face nearly sliced off and return the next period.

Hockey is so much damn fun, I couldn't imagine not playing. I'm just glad I'm past the point in my life when I outgrew equipment every year.
Old 04-24-2010 | 03:31 PM
9 Second Club

Great two effin gay guys. Yes its fun to play. To watch it sucks I think the tv ratings show it very well. I think fan attendance even and marketing shows it also. Women in tiny skirts showing camel toe belong on skates. Not guys carring a stick.
Old 04-24-2010 | 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Great two effin gay guys. Yes its fun to play. To watch it sucks I think the tv ratings show it very well. I think fan attendance even and marketing shows it also. Women in tiny skirts showing camel toe belong on skates. Not guys carring a stick.
Actually attendance is up and has been for the last 3yrs despite the recession....something the NBA and other sports can't say. Keep digging yourself a hole with your ignorance.

Soooo you pick on NHL players basically calling them less than girls yet you played for many years....knock knock, irony is at the door.

Old 04-24-2010 | 04:01 PM
Teching In

great two effin gay guys. Yes its fun to play. To watch it sucks i think the tv ratings show it very well. I think fan attendance even and marketing shows it also. Women in tiny skirts showing camel toe belong on skates. Not guys carring a stick.
Old 04-24-2010 | 07:25 PM
9 Second Club

Lmao!
Old 04-24-2010 | 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

No, you are a complete moron. Parts of the country see better ratings from hockey than basketball.

"Great ratings stuff from Sports Media Watch, which presents the average local ratings for MLB, NBA and NHL teams. In the battle of hoops vs. pucks: "Isolating the NBA and NHL, hockey teams topped their basketball counterparts in five markets: Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Detroit and Minneapolis."
Old 04-24-2010 | 11:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joshu
No, you are a complete moron. Parts of the country see better ratings from hockey than basketball.

"Great ratings stuff from Sports Media Watch, which presents the average local ratings for MLB, NBA and NHL teams. In the battle of hoops vs. pucks: "Isolating the NBA and NHL, hockey teams topped their basketball counterparts in five markets: Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Detroit and Minneapolis."
Hey no need to be calling people names here. You dont even know me. Who do you think you are to be calling me a moron? Grow up little boy before you start calling people you dont know names..