Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone know a Toyota Tech in MA/RI?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone know a Toyota Tech in MA/RI?

Hey guys,

I am looking for a toyota technician who is looking for form quick money on the side.
My GFs 2003 4Runner V8 with about 80k miles on it has been great but right no it has the ABS, VSC TRAC, and VSC OFF lights are on constantly.

OBDII scanners cant pick it up. I figure its a sensor (prob bad wheel speed) because everything works perfect just no traction control and no ABS any more.

I need to get the car scanned by a dealer more than likely as they have proprietary scanners to pull certain codes on most newer cars, and unless its something crazy I should be able to handle the fix. I'm decent with a wrench.

Please let me know guys I have no problem giving someone a 50$ just to plug the car in pull the codes and give me an idea of the process to fix it if its at all complicated. Hell thats more than the dealership will pay them for the same job even though the dealer will charge me 100 and say they must fix it which is bs.

The car needs to get the lights off to pass inspection and even if I could find a lenient inspection station.. shes a woman.. she needs the ABS and traction control the way she drives. Lol

Located in Norwood, MA
Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the ABS system isnt working anymore than i would be inclined to beleive it may be more than a sensor. generally when a sensor goes bad it tends to activate the ABS and/or VSC system while youre just driving down the road. i work for a dealer but im in Philly so thats not much help to you....we would charge $50.00 to look at it if ya went through the dealer....are they really that much more there in MA???
Old 09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most places usually charge 1 hour just to check it out... our rate is $95 right now.

Sciff if you ever have the yota down on the cape swing by. Our Cornwell tool should be able to get the code(s) for you. no charge of course
Old 09-22-2010, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateLS1
Most places usually charge 1 hour just to check it out... our rate is $95 right now.

Sciff if you ever have the yota down on the cape swing by. Our Cornwell tool should be able to get the code(s) for you. no charge of course
Hey man,

I'll be down the cape this weekend

Sent you a PM