Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anger

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anger

After months of saving and planning and research, I was going to march into a chevy dealership today and trade my old 01 Z28 in for a brand spanking new 2011 SS. That was my plan until friday evening when I was driving on the wonderful highways in this state (Virginia). Going under an overpass with the top down thinking that it would be one of the last chances I'd have to enjoy my convertible I see a little brownish shadow coming at me. I freak out a little bit but to be honest it's moving too fast for me to react.

**CRACK**

It hits my windshield, I didn't know what it was at the time but it made a lout noise and shattered and left a horrid mark on my windshield, so I get to my destination and inspect my windshield, and low and behold there are a large number of small gouges in my windshield and a nice long crack running up from the point of impact. Upon further inspection I find little shattered bits of brown glass...the same color and smoothness as a beer bottle...so i deduct that somebody threw a beer bottle off the overpass while driving and it struck my vehicle. It's gonna cost me 300 bucks to get fixed...thanks alot Virginia!

This also puts a hold on my trade-in plans because I can't just go trade in a damaged vehicle can I?!! FFFFFFUUUUUUU Virginia! *shakes fist*. This is the worst kind of rage too because I don't have somebody to grab by the neck and choke out or pummel I just have the world in general!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would still trade it in, When I traded in my Grand Cherokee, it was leaking radiator fluid all over the dealership parking lot.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

you can still trade it in but mind you it'll cost you $300.00 to get it fixed but it may cost you several thousands on the trade value if you leave it like that....just the way things work. id get it fixed first and than go in.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

insurance usually covers windshield replacments
Old 09-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Teching In

haha thanks for the advice gentlemen, I'm going to just get it fixed and then go in at a later date, I was so excited about going today though haha. But I've waited this long to get a new camaro, what's a few more days?

thechef: my insurance deductable is more expensive than it would just cost to pay out of pocket.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Angry helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Originally Posted by c-dub
haha thanks for the advice gentlemen, I'm going to just get it fixed and then go in at a later date, I was so excited about going today though haha. But I've waited this long to get a new camaro, what's a few more days?

thechef: my insurance deductable is more expensive than it would just cost to pay out of pocket.
you should call the state police, an tell them what happen...
they mite catch him in the act at that spot....
u mite have not bin the onley one?????????
Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

id be more happy that it hit your windshield and didnt hit you on the head. if you had wrecked the car i think you would be a lot more pissed off!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Teching In

69lemansguy, I was very angry at the onset of the whole crisis, but I did take time to count my blessings that it didn't hit me in the head or totally wreck my car. I was really lucky that it just cracked the windshield a little bit.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

When I priced a windshield for my trans am it was $150, call around to more glass companies. Im guessing you dont have glass coverage?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
When I priced a windshield for my trans am it was $150, call around to more glass companies. Im guessing you dont have glass coverage?
I actually did have coverage, but the "safelite" price was lower than my deductable . it's all gravy now because the dealership didn't seem to mind the crack and I traded it in anyway. hehe.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

where are you located at?? maybe I can get you a deal on a camaro.. we have 11 instock
Old 09-30-2010, 11:49 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought most insurance companies cover windsheild replacement with $0 deductible due to it being a safety issue. Them spending $150-$300 is cheaper than you getting in another accident due to decreased visibility.