Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Quick detail job (another subaru)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bajapat
Nice job on the baja.. That's the same color mine is and they really do POP once they are done..

Too bad he didn't get the Hard cover for the back..
atleast he got the turbo. It actually tows a 16ft smokercraft pretty damn good to.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you share with us the process and what materials you used to clean up the engine bay? I have done a fair amount of exterior and interior detailing, but I really don't know where to start with the engine bay
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6 John
Can you share with us the process and what materials you used to clean up the engine bay? I have done a fair amount of exterior and interior detailing, but I really don't know where to start with the engine bay
I don't want to steal the op's thread but I can help out. You want to get yourself a degreaser, engine cleaner or an all purpose cleaner from some sort of automotive detail store. Spray your cleaner all over the engine bay and let dwell for a few minutes. It helps if you have a variety of brushes but you want to get into all the cracks and crevices. So scrub away until you have cleaned all around the engine bay. Rinse off the engine bay with the hose, I try to use a medium pressure setting. I know some people power wash but it is just my personal preference. You can then get out standing water with compressed air or just soak it up with an old microfiber like I do. I also turn the engine on and let it run for a few minutes. After everything is dry grab something like Chemical Guys Fade to Black or Stoner's Trim Shine and spray it on the plastic parts. That is really all there is too it!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motoo344
I don't want to steal the op's thread but I can help out. You want to get yourself a degreaser, engine cleaner or an all purpose cleaner from some sort of automotive detail store. Spray your cleaner all over the engine bay and let dwell for a few minutes. It helps if you have a variety of brushes but you want to get into all the cracks and crevices. So scrub away until you have cleaned all around the engine bay. Rinse off the engine bay with the hose, I try to use a medium pressure setting. I know some people power wash but it is just my personal preference. You can then get out standing water with compressed air or just soak it up with an old microfiber like I do. I also turn the engine on and let it run for a few minutes. After everything is dry grab something like Chemical Guys Fade to Black or Stoner's Trim Shine and spray it on the plastic parts. That is really all there is too it!
Yeah, what he said
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I detailed my car again over the weekend. I bought some RainX and figured I'd give it a try. I always just use quick detail spray on the windows and sometimes I'll use a polymer sealent on the side/rear windows. I saw the RainX stuff in action and I've never wanted it to rain on a freshly detailed car as much as I do now.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

RainX is amazing. I have always run it on my vehicles. People cant believe it when riding in my cars...you dont need wipers at all.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dammit no rain again yesterday, this weekend I'm going to spray the windows just to watch the water bead off.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Dammit no rain again yesterday, this weekend I'm going to spray the windows just to watch the water bead off.
Another Alternative is Meguiars sells a Ultimate Wash and Wax car wash. Once wash and during the rinse process you can see it already working, the beeding is amazing.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Come down here lol, its rained a lot lately. Suppose to get some more tomorrow or friday.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

I just did the roof of my truck in opti-coat to test it for the big rain storm we are getting friday. I can't wait to see what its like, everyone says its incredible.