Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NED X275 race results and lots of thanks

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NED X275 race results and lots of thanks

What an incredible day of racing. We were able to draw in 15 cars considering all the guys who broke prior too or couldnt get the cars running in time. I am very very pleased with today's turnout.

First I need to thank our sponsors for the awesome payouts we had today.

Beacon Electrical - Richie DeMarco can't thank you enough for all the support getting this class started. Richie has been the title sponsor of X275 giving us a huge donation to give the racers a nice payout when they come race X275.

www.beaconelectrical.com

Dez Racing - Mike Dez what can I say but busting *** to get cars to this race. Mike has been wrenching on cars for the last 2-3 weeks to get them ready for this race. I'd like to personally thank Mike and the guys at Dez Racing for the huge support to X275, if you guys haven't dealt with Mike personally you need to call him and setup some dyno time with him. 2 Dez Racing cars winning in the finals says enough for me. Thanks Mike for everything.

www.dezracing.net

Essex County Craftsmen/Noyzee Racing - Brad thank you very much for your generous donation. Brad contacted me last minute to help support the class. I was not able to meet up with Brad, but he was kind enough to drop off his donation with the tower on Saturday so we would have it for today's race. Thanks for all your support Brad.

www.ecchvac.net

New England Dragway - Joe,Ron,Buddy,Nancy and everyone over at the track. Thank you so much for the support you have given us this season. Joe has been 100% supportive of X275, Ron was on point with prepping the track today. Guys we all really appreciate the oppurtunity to race at a wonderful facility. Thank you so much for giving us a place to race. Looking forward to next season!

www.newenglanddragway.com

And last but not least, I'd like to thank John Sears for all the help and support getting this class going at NED. John has been great mentor for me, and none of this would of been possible without John's dedication of X275. Thanks again John.

www.outlawradial.net

And now for the race wrap up

15 cars teched in to make the quick 8. Here is the rundown of qualifying.

Quick 8

1. Mike Carvalho 5.352@131.92
2. Kevin Volk 5.788@120.52
3. Nick Arvenites 5.797@120.10
4. Brian Machie 5.834@122.03
5. Gary Gonzalez 5.937@123.43
6. Bill Meserve 5.973@117.62
7. Jim Costa 6.155@122.39
8. Bill Mchagulin 6.229@111.26

9-15 shootout

9. Danny Reis 6.276@112.46
10. Jake Conant 6.330@107.69
11. Karl Volk 6.415@112.15
12. Jeff Taylor 6.446@108.95
13. Phil Wagner 7.162@92.03
14. Dave Dias 7.497@92.94
15. Jack Pereira 8.109@84.59

Round 1 of the quick 8

Mike Carvalho was matched up with Bill Mchagulin. Carvalho backed up his qualifying pass by running a 5.39@130 to beat Mchagulin who was having traction issues all day. Mchagulin spun to a 6.319@116.57

Brian Machie who was driving for Jim Coger today impressed everyone with an incredible 5.69@124. This car only has a 308 with a D1 on a BFG radial! very impressive combo. Unfortunately Gary Gonzalez and the East Side Performance 00 Camaro did not have any luck getting the car off the line. They suffered a massive nitrous back fire making them kill the motor and pull off to the side. I have to give the guys from East Side a ton of props for hauling all the way from Wallingford, CT to come race and support this class. They missed round 1 qualifying because of some issues with their car. Hope you guys get it worked out because that Camaro will be on a tear.

Kevin Volk took on Jim Costa, Jim coming off a 6.1 qualifier was able to make some changes in between the rounds and ripped off a nice 5.60@130 to pull the win over Kevin's 6.53. Kevin had major traction issues this round, but have to give him props for being #2 qualifier and setting a new personal record on radials with the Beautiful Shelby.

Nick aka farrigno had a close match up with last races runner up Bill Meserve. Bill has been having major launch issues with his mustang. Nick was consistant and ran a 5.83 to Bill's 6.01.

9-15 shootout round 1

Danny Reis scored the round 1 bye even though he had major launching issues during qualifying. Seemed to be having trouble engaging his trans brake, also became an issue during his bye run as he only was able to muster a 6.59.

Jeff Taylor and his gorgeous yellow 91 LX was matched up with Phil "Voluster" Wagner in his 79 Duster. Phil chopped the tree and was able to get a good jump on Jeff. Jeff was running a 76mm combo on a 5.4 mod motor. Phil pulled off a 6.53 to Jeff's 6.96

Jake Conant who is a dedicated bracket racer, came out to X275 to give it a shot and support. Jake was matched up with Jack Pereira who could not bring his bad *** 69 Mustang due to some valvetrain damage. Jack was kind enough to still come support, and grabbed his street mustang to run in the class. Jake was able to pull off the win with a deadly consistant 6.35 to Jack's 8.30.

Karl Volk who was a last second entry to support the class was matched up with Dave Dias who is a dominant 11.50 index racer. Dave said Marco i'm coming out to support this class, so we give Dave a ton of props for coming out with a huge underdog car. Karl ran another consisten 6.41 to Dave's 7.49

Round 2 semi finals got interesting, dark clouds set in and drizzled some drops, enough to keep us from racing for almost 2 hours! NED did a great job getting the track back to par for the semis.

#1 qualifier Mike Carvalho was paired up with Brian Machie, Machie pulled off an incredible wheel stand dragging the bumper on BFG Drag radials...who says BFGs dont hook? Unfortunately the wheel stand cost Machie the run as Carvalho ran a killer 5.40 to Machie's 5.94. Great job for those guys today in that underdog mustang.

Jim Costa who has been fighting getting his car off the line came back in the semis and backed up his 5.60 running another 5.60 against Nick Farrigno. Nick was trying to cut a good light to get the edge and jumped the beam to quick.

9-15 shootout semis

#1 qualifier Danny Reis got his trans brake issues sorted out by coming out in the semis with a 6.03 against Phil Wagner. Wagner still working out his new setup was able to back up his last past with a 6.63. Nice to see Phil out there supporting X275.

Jake "im so consistent" Conant ran a 6.38 in the semis to pull off the win on Karl Volk who had a trans brake issue causing him to go red against Jake.

Quick 8 Finals

Mike Carvalho came into the race as the man to beat, Jim Costa went to the pits and told the crew to pill it up. Jim was able to tree Carvalho with a .097 to Carvalho's .255 but Carvalho and his F1C Procharged 79 Mustang was able to get around Costa to win the final of X275 with a killer 5.35@131 to Costa's 5.56@130. The margin of victory was .045!!!! What a way to put on a show guys! Awesome final and congrats to Mike Top Dog Carvalho on his first X275 victory.

9-15 shootout final

Danny Reis who was suffering from red light syndrome was extra cautious in the final against Jake Conant. Jake pulled off a killer .033 to Reis's .107 I have to say for a Bracket racer Jake sure showed he can run pro tree with the big dogs, unfortunatley Jake's 03 Cobra ran out of steam alittle after the 330' mark and Reis was able to go by and run a new personal best 5.96 to Conant's 6.12. Margin of victory was .085. Another great final! Congrats to Danny Reis on his first X275 win.

Marco
Old 10-18-2010, 05:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Post up what you got. I stole some from other guys.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Marco i have some vids i have to get them loaded
Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by scottywheels
Marco i have some vids i have to get them loaded
Hey Scotty, sorry i didn't get to to see you yesterday, I was busy with the race. Man I was rooting for you guys and was really hoping you guys were going to get the car figured out.

I hope everything is ok with the car
Old 10-18-2010, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Hey Scotty, sorry i didn't get to to see you yesterday, I was busy with the race. Man I was rooting for you guys and was really hoping you guys were going to get the car figured out.

I hope everything is ok with the car
Marco,
It was good to see you yesterday, we got to figureout what is going on with the second kit, but we didnt hurt anything and were ready to come back up for test n tune when it started to rain We are going to go testing this coming weekend and get the car sorted out.

what are the dates left for the 275X races this year?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

I think pretty much everything is done except the big race in Georgia.

yeah it took almost 2 hours to dry the track, I'm happy you didnt hurt anything, everyone taught the motor got hurt because the explosion was severe.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
I think pretty much everything is done except the big race in Georgia.

yeah it took almost 2 hours to dry the track, I'm happy you didnt hurt anything, everyone taught the motor got hurt because the explosion was severe.
nothing got hurt we thought it might have hurt itself but it was just a pop thankfully. we checked it at the pits and got ready to go back and test then it rained...at that late in the day we knew there wouldnt be time to get back up there
Old 10-18-2010, 01:45 PM
8 second mod

sounds like a good day, hope to be able to make it next year. glad i could help out a little and hopefully can do it again next year.
wish i could have made it
Old 10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i will attend one of these next year looked fun

Quick Reply: NED X275 race results and lots of thanks