Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My friends wrecked GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That'll buff out, no doubt. Add a little paintless dent repair and you're golden.

It's stuff like this that I leave the traction control on. Might not be 'cool', but it'll save your *** more times than not.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

any charges filed or tickets wrote?

i know where my car keys are at all times and always know whats going on with them.

weather he had permission or not that person should accept responsibility for wrecking that car. just put in a claim with his insurance or start paying him back.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
That'll buff out, no doubt. Add a little paintless dent repair and you're golden.

It's stuff like this that I leave the traction control on. Might not be 'cool', but it'll save your *** more times than not.

i doubt that wouldve saved him if he was on it hard and using nitrous.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to say he stole it if he had the keys.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but a DA will probably not press charges for a stolen vehicle if they were friends and he had the keys.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Sad to such see such a nice car ruined like that.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by subarubill96
this is why i dont have friends.
terrible but at least he made it out alive, of course it would of been just long enough for me to kill them. shame.
Does this mean I can't drive your car?? I'll let you drive the Forester. LOL

OP-Too bad your friends ride. Crappy situation and an even crapper friend not to help cover it.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ULTIMATEORANGESS - The owner of the car is going to press charges on the kid who crashed it. no tickets have been issued to the kid and he has not been charged yet for stealing the car, only reason why nothing has happened yet is my guess they are waiting for the blood results to come back to see if he had any drug/alcohol in his system...
but the kid has not taken any responsibility into owning up to the accident!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
ULTIMATEORANGESS - The owner of the car is going to press charges on the kid who crashed it. no tickets have been issued to the kid and he has not been charged yet for stealing the car, only reason why nothing has happened yet is my guess they are waiting for the blood results to come back to see if he had any drug/alcohol in his system...
but the kid has not taken any responsibility into owning up to the accident!
Did he have insurance?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Yea insurance covered the car... the owner got $40k for it... but the car had $70k into it...
Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

he'll probably have trouble proving his friend or ex friend stole his car if he denies it.

im guessing he can sue for damages to his vehicle. im not sure though. shitty situation for sure.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow thats crazy. was this car at the ccsu car show?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Well my buddy bought this car about 8 months ago, came from Cali... car had a tvs blower and nitrous, and made 853rwhp with the nitrous...
Anyways, a friend of his took the car for a ride with or without his permission (of course there are 2 different stories of what really happened) Somehow the kid lost control of the car and went into the woods, smashed into a huge boulder, and a few trees. the crash happened on a real tight winding road and the roads were alittle wet the night of the crash... when the police arrived they noticed the nitrous bottle was open and the gaurded switch was up. the kid had a concussion and lost his front tooth.
Here are the pics!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
wow not good..well atless its out of cali..I would have hate to run up on him thinking im the shiznit!!!!....on a sad note what a bad way to enjoy a,just bought car....So it was okay for him to bring car back in one piece,but if he didnt then he stole it....lol great bunch of friends you got there..hope he have geico full coverage....good luck
Old 11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

Yea insurance covered the car... the owner got $40k for it... but the car had $70k into it...
damn thats sad
40k...well **** now he can join tech and have a mean *** lsx with that type of cash!!!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:19 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i doubt that wouldve saved him if he was on it hard and using nitrous.
I know our traction control is pretty aggressive at stopping wheel spin. It closes the throttle body and applies rear braking to either or both wheels.

Now who the hell uses nitrous when it's wet out?
Old 11-07-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Sssssssstttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggggggeeeeee rrrrrrrrr!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Of all the parts of that car to get destroyed the ugly window louvers made it through.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

It's a shame. It was a beautiful car. It's pretty obvious the kid was going well above 20mph with how much damage is done. Looks more like 120mph.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by motoo344
Of all the parts of that car to get destroyed the ugly window louvers made it through.
exactly what i was thinking, but with all the power maybe they made a difference.....well obviously not.

what i wanna know is how the gas cap came unscrewed and made its way on the outside of the gas door lol. CRAZY
Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
wow not good..well atless its out of cali..I would have hate to run up on him thinking im the shiznit!!!!....on a sad note what a bad way to enjoy a,just bought car....So it was okay for him to bring car back in one piece,but if he didnt then he stole it....lol great bunch of friends you got there..hope he have geico full coverage....good luck
Thanks for quoting and reposting all of the OP's images. We would have never realized what you were talking about.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Because we are street cars and I happen to drive in the rain... Doesnt mean I lay the wood to it in the rain.. But I sure as hell am going to do all I can to not drive on my slicks or drag radials in the rain.. Its takes some common sense.. Obvious the owner failed bad here with the road conditions. And drivng in the rain with slicks or drag radials is very dangerous to the other people on the road. Its the idiots who drive on slicks and very worn drag radials in the rain. That just a hazard to everyone.
This car also made 850 to the tire, something that doesn't have any business being driven in the rain or being driven on a tire such as the one that's on there. The fact is once you start getting near mid 400's to the tire street tires because a safety factor. Try pulling quickly into traffic with 450 to the tire on a street tire and you'll know what I mean, let alone 850. I've been driving MT drag radials for the last 5 years on my TA and I've been stuck in the rain before. Hell this morning I got stuck in a rain/snow mix and had to drive 30 miles to the shop, I didn't have any issues whatsoever, tires never spun once. I also drive from massachussetts to long island in rain storms without issue. Just like any tire in the rain caution needs to be taken but drag radials will be fine in the rain if there isn't much standing water. For the car in this accident rain really shouldn't be a concern and I don't see a good reason for not having a better tire. That's just me and it's not to say a better tire would've prevented this but those tires in the pics had absolutely no chance whatsoever on a setup like that.

Quick Reply: My friends wrecked GT500!