Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Recommened exhaust shop in MD

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Funny, a few years ago when I stopped into MBS after supporting Mid-Atlantic Muffler (their previous business) for YEARS, they sent me away saying that true duals could not be done on our cars. I told them I have pictures of what I want, and could show them on the LT1 car they had on the lift at the time. Still said impossible.

So I went to Tyson at PAF - a site sponsor. He had no problem fabbing up a 3" true dual over the axle that even cleared a chassis mount torque arm. The quality of his work and attention to detail simply cannot be beat, especially by some shitty little exhaust shop in Pasadena. My brother-in-law had MBS do an exhaust on his Ram, and he lives in Pasadena. If you like, you can see his supposedly stainless exhaust rotting away and leaking at the welds after only 2 years.
Tyson built my TD system. I agree, excellent work. Just looking for something closer if possible...
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IDriveChevy
Wow thats weird, I live in pasadena too LOL. I have had all my exhaust work done at mandrel bend. They've done new muffler in my 93 as well as a high flow cat, and they put new mufflers in my 69 z28.

Ever seen a red 93 camaro with black stripes and c5 corvette wheels or a huggar orange with white stripes 69 z28 around?
Im gonna check them out in the next few weeks...

I live just behind northeast high school in high point. Pewter formula thats pretty loud with black ZR1's. MIght have it out tomorrow afternoon if the weather is nice.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh ok I live ride down the road from chesapeake.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
They do good work, I know both guys that do the exhaust/fab work. As far as I know its the same owner and he sometimes changes his mind on what parts cost, but hes not always there. Just go in and see what they say, should be reasonable but not as cheap as a crush bent Midas job.

To my knowledge they are one of the few places that have a mandrel bender and pretty much any size pipe in stock. They have done my cars as well as lots of people I know and the work is always great. Anything you don't like after the fact they will usually fix for free. They also do cages and custom fab work as needed.
Thanks for the support sky! can't wait to see your car in here for that chromoly cage

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Funny, a few years ago when I stopped into MBS after supporting Mid-Atlantic Muffler (their previous business) for YEARS, they sent me away saying that true duals could not be done on our cars. I told them I have pictures of what I want, and could show them on the LT1 car they had on the lift at the time. Still said impossible.

So I went to Tyson at PAF - a site sponsor. He had no problem fabbing up a 3" true dual over the axle that even cleared a chassis mount torque arm. The quality of his work and attention to detail simply cannot be beat, especially by some shitty little exhaust shop in Pasadena. My brother-in-law had MBS do an exhaust on his Ram, and he lives in Pasadena. If you like, you can see his supposedly stainless exhaust rotting away and leaking at the welds after only 2 years.
back when this shop first opened everyone here had very little experience with the new mandrel bending machines (we have 3 now by the way) and they were also a little inexperienced. Things have a changed ALOT since then being that was almost 4 years ago now.

As for your brother in laws exhaust that you say was claimed to be stainless and rotting off. Tell him to please call us and to stop up with his original invoice from when he had the work done. because if the invoice says it is stainless and i put it up on the lift and it is not then i will stand behind our work and redo his exhaust in all stainless steel at no charge to him. If i put it up and it is stainless and there are some issues with it. again i will stand behind our work and fix any and all problems he has again at zero charge to him. I take great pride in our customer service and do not like to have any un-satisfied customers out there. So please come back and see us so we can inspect and fix any and all issues.

as for our TD price being "high" keep in mind that we are one of the only shops that do mandrel bending in the area. On top of that we use a digitizing program so that the exhaust can be constructed in as few pieces as possible. This means that we first build the system out of multiple bends welded together then pull the entire system back off the car digitize it and bend the sections in a one piece seamless pipe. I can promise that no one else around here does this. For example

That being said. thank you to those who have showed us support here in this thread. and those that have had any issues please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss issues you may have had.

thank you,
Kurtis

(by the way i am in no way trying to promote our shop on this website just trying to clear a few things up)
Old 11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Kurtis. I will be bringing my car to the shop hopefully one day this week or next. Id like to run the pipes out the back of the car. They are currently dumped before the axle. Here is a pic of what Ive got now

I also may have an exhaust leak on the drivers side header pipe..My name is Bobby, got a Pewter Formula with black wheels.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:01 PM

look forward to seeing you bobby! just stop on in and i'll get you taken care of! when you come in just ask for me

Quick Reply: Recommened exhaust shop in MD