Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

You know what I F*ckin' Hate.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
hahahah reminds me of your old sig "everyone wants a 30,000.00 race car on a 10,000.00 budget"

12 bolt reared rated to 1,200 RWHP...no noise, no breakage just pure heaven.
You = "ummm it shattered with 550 rwhp and a 1.9 60 foot"
Them = "sorry you took it to the track"
Yea because we all buy 1,200 rwhp rated 12 bolts to drive to Stop n Shop.

hahahahahahahh

Ohhh you have a 16,000.00 car with 20,000.00 in mods? I'll give you 14,000.00 for it but if you didn't do a damn thing to the 16,000.00 car I would of gave you 15,000.00.

Cars are a money pit, you gotta love what your doing and want to be buried in the damn thing.
so true so true
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
you know what i ******* hate, when you spend a pile of cash on a race part because its suposed to be the best of the best and for some reason it still brakes and there is never a warranty on race parts!!!!
Tell that to the 3 posi's, and 4 sets of gears that have been taken out of my 12-bolt in pieces. Come next week, it will be 5 sets of gears.

Originally Posted by tektrans
How 'bout when they don't break, like my friggin' Moser 12 bolt that cost me and a bunch of others allota $$$$$$$$?? It doesn't break GREAT but I've been listening to this ******' thing WHINE like a schoolgirl that dropped her icecream for the better part of 10 years now!!!!!
WHY WHY WHY?????
Last night on the dyno the rear was so bad that Julio got scared. Waiting for the install kit to put the new set of gears in that I have had in the agarage for 2 years for just such an occasion. LOL This is the 5th set of gears since 2004 and the best 60' the car has seen is a 1.401... Not even that quick.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I offer what i would pay for the parts at that time.... If its something that i dont really need but if i can get it for a certin price then i will buy it. Not because i need it but because i got a good deal on it. I will pay more for parts that i need as oppose to parts i dont need but will by if i get a deal on it
Old 11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont write or b/o in ur ad. problem solved
Old 11-12-2010, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

i know what u mean im i poor boy and if i dont need it i wont buy it im tryin 2 build a racecar on a budget i do try and get parts for cheap but i dont try to steal em for a really cheap price if someone has a price up ill usually pay it unless there tryin to sell a shitty part for alot then ill try and get it down but ill usually ask how much they will take for it
Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM
FormerVendor

The best is when they add in "I'll send payment right now" when they lowball you as if you're a crackhead looking for quick cash. I'd rather wait the week for them to save their change and give me my full asking price.

Slowhawk, between craigslist and the internet parts "retailers" selling stuff for $10 over cost the gypsies come out in full force.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

^^^^^
I'm not talkin' about "negotiating", everyone including myself does that.
I'm talkin' about down right insulting unreasonable offers.
There's defiantely an etiquitte that should always be followed, especially between racers.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Devilish34
My axles came with a 2yr warranty up to 1000hp
Stop bragging, you're just going to break your drive shaft...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kaltech Tuning
The best is when they add in "I'll send payment right now" when they lowball you as if you're a crackhead looking for quick cash. I'd rather wait the week for them to save their change and give me my full asking price.
Hahahahaha That's what is ******** said to me yesterday!!!!!!
"If you give it to me for nothing, I'll send paypal today" hahaha
That's SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ghostbird
i know what u mean im i poor boy and if i dont need it i wont buy it im tryin 2 build a racecar on a budget i do try and get parts for cheap but i dont try to steal em for a really cheap price if someone has a price up ill usually pay it unless there tryin to sell a shitty part for alot then ill try and get it down but ill usually ask how much they will take for it
Hey man, if you came out and just said "this is all I can pay" there's nothing wrong with that. Least you're being honest and not trying to get over. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa
Hahahaha, I'll give you $5 for $10 worth.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Hey man, if you came out and just said "this is all I can pay" there's nothing wrong with that. Least you're being honest and not trying to get over. Nothing wrong with that at all.
yup im not tryin to screw anyone out of parts im just tryin to go fast lol
Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

I agree to a point, but I see too many people trying to sell used parts for the same or very close to new. Then when you make an offer, they get pissed because they paid $XX for it, even though now it is only $x new. Just because you overpaid, doesn't mean i'm going to pay extra.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Thw two things I love about Craigslist;

1. I have a motorcycle for sale on there, and dimwit after dimwit emails asking for more info, which I send to them, and never hear from them again. One wanted detailed pics, does this work, does that work, what ******* day of the week did it roll off the assembly line, send him all the requested info, no response. I want to ******* shoot those people.

2. Trying to buy something, call/email about, " I sold that a week ago". TAKE THE ******* AD DOWN YOU ******* MORON!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

most people still think modding cars is an great investment. but we will never get back what we put in
Old 11-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Hahahahaha That's what is ******** said to me yesterday!!!!!!
"If you give it to me for nothing, I'll send paypal today" hahaha
That's SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like the old "I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today" gimmick LOL.

I hear ya on the people trying to kick ya. I put my bogarts up for sale, and had a guy ask me if I would take 500 bucks for all 4 with the tires. I don't know where these people come from.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 AM
8 second mod

joe, lol i remember that. they told me there is no way i twisted them. i sent them one of them just to prove it.

ws6trans, you dont want to know about broken parts. you want to talk rear ends and drive train parts, how about 3 twisted axles, 1 broken axle, 3 posi units, 2 sets of gears (posi only) 1 set of regular gears on spool, 1 set of race gears on spool, 4 drive shafts (only one was a stock alum one) 3 6 spped tranys, and atleast 6 clutchs. im sure if i took more then 30 seconds i could come up with more, lol

part of racing tho. thats why im diggin my 9 second stock motors for $400 bucks.
just bought another one from a member, just have to go pick it up. lol
that might just be a spare for now and i might still build the ls2 (i also got for $500 with like new 243 heads!!!)
Old 11-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And to kinda reverse it, I want to get best $$ for a part and I will hold my ground for the most part. I am ok with taking 2/3rd of the retail price for a part, unless the TRUE going rate of a same/similar list part is more or less. I am ok with 66%, NOT 50% or less. I'd rather burn/break the item before selling it.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i agree with what the op is saying on lowballers looking for invisable deals....but i can tell you lately on here i've run into a few people that have been scooping up cheap parts on here and just turning around and reselling them at huge profits...this is cool and all and to each their own but alot of the lowballers and people strugglin to get parts arent able to get stuff they need without doing this to save money...i see as kinda an online swap meet...it just erks me when i try to get lt1 tail lights for example that were bought for 20 bucks and reselling the same set a few days later for 100
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

It's a dog eat dog kinda world out here and it sucks. And as the OP said, I really hate it when people TRY TO LOW BALL. Or just waste your time for days, and then say nevermind. Thanks Anyways.
It erks the $hit out of me soooo bad!
Glad I'm not the ONLY person who feels the same way as you guys.
Wish everyone had some kind of common sense. But, some people are about as smart as a box of rocks.