Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Atco really pissed me off today

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010 | 11:48 AM
9 Second Club

Atco is awful with their notifications. I checked the schedule one day and checked the website before loading the car up on a trailor. I left work early drove the almost 2hrs with the car on a trailor that I borrowed. It was a tuesday night if I remember correctly. And when I got there, I found a line of cars outside the gate with the gates being closed and nobody had any clue what was going on. Turned out they had a new timing system scheduled to be installed that week.... Do you think some jackass could have noted that on the schedule or maybe even just posted on the website.

With that being said mind you more and more cars and trailors keep packing into the driveway because Atco did such a **** poor job in the PR notification process. Now I am stuck in the driveway because the driveway is full of cars and trailors and there is nowhere to turn around because the cars backed all the way out to Jackson road and started to double file. And to be quite honest I suck at backing up a trailor yet alone it was one I had borrowed.

No doubt atco is a very fast track and always has good stick but that was a **** poor job they did that day.... So in short yes I have been pissed at atco before.
Old 12-11-2010 | 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JS
Den I was going faster than u back then with my Joe P special
Actually Joe, Tom and Myself had the quickest car at one of the 1st LS Events a E-Town....I remember PSJ was there and was pretty impressed with my WS6...Still IMO Raughammer was the king back then and like me he is a fart in the wind when it comes to racing cars...

Back then 11.60 was fast, now its considered old hat.....I remeber some big guy with a corvette asking me what setups on your car and I said GM, he replied who is that and I said "GENERAL MOTORS" and he got angry cause my cam only setup was faster than his H/C C5

Tommy and I are going tomorrow, ATCO IS GONNA BE 45 and SUNNY...I have my tuning figured out now (I HOPE AS THESE 2010 ECU's BLOW) and I wanna best that Scotty AKA Wheels guys
Cam only? When? Joe ported you a set of 853's. He was doing my heads the same time he did your heads.
Old 12-11-2010 | 11:07 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Den u were not even racing with us then...
I went 11.74 cam only, 11.38 H/C with Joes Stuff...

It was me joe and tom at the track every weekend
Have a nice holiday pal...
Old 12-12-2010 | 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

joel how'd it go?

-brandon
Old 12-16-2010 | 09:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Atco is awful with their notifications. I checked the schedule one day and checked the website before loading the car up on a trailor. I left work early drove the almost 2hrs with the car on a trailor that I borrowed. It was a tuesday night if I remember correctly. And when I got there, I found a line of cars outside the gate with the gates being closed and nobody had any clue what was going on. Turned out they had a new timing system scheduled to be installed that week.... Do you think some jackass could have noted that on the schedule or maybe even just posted on the website.

With that being said mind you more and more cars and trailors keep packing into the driveway because Atco did such a **** poor job in the PR notification process. Now I am stuck in the driveway because the driveway is full of cars and trailors and there is nowhere to turn around because the cars backed all the way out to Jackson road and started to double file. And to be quite honest I suck at backing up a trailor yet alone it was one I had borrowed.

No doubt atco is a very fast track and always has good stick but that was a **** poor job they did that day.... So in short yes I have been pissed at atco before.
I was there that day also, trailered 3 hrs @ way. I called the next day and bitched, they said it was posted on Facebook.

Track prep isn't as good as it used to be either IMO.

Someone mentioned Cecil, they're even worth with commutation, they NEVER answer the phone.

-
Old 12-16-2010 | 09:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by mikep2002

Well when your one of the most desirable tracks in the country, you do not have to work as hard to please. Sucks, but its true.
Old 12-17-2010 | 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
I was there that day also, trailered 3 hrs @ way. I called the next day and bitched, they said it was posted on Facebook.

Track prep isn't as good as it used to be either IMO.

Someone mentioned Cecil, they're even worth with commutation, they NEVER answer the phone.

-
^^that facebook comment would **** me off, why does everyone think that everyone is on there. what was a **** poor excuse