Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

where to get tires/rims mounted and balanced central jersey area

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where to get tires/rims mounted and balanced central jersey area

lately ive been having a prob with getting wheels balanced right i got two 17x11 zr1s and 315-35-17 mt i need put on anyone no who does good balancing around the edison nj area?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Teching In

I've been taking my rims/tires to Thrust Performance, 928 US Highway 9, South Amboy, NJ 08879-3313. It's a new shop with the latest wheel mounting and balancing equipment. Additonally, the guys who run it also race at Englishtown (Corvette Challenge series) -- Ask for Mike: One of the owners.

Their work is great and I've had both standard tire mounting as well as mounting slicks that required screwing the tires to the rims done there.

From Edison, it should be less than a 15 minute drive for you... It only takes me 15 minutes from the New Brunswick area.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another possibility is Platt's at 148 Princeton Hightstown Road Heightstown, NJ 08520. I don't know what equipment he has, but my buddy is very particular about his wheels and tires and says they have great equipment. Also, one of the mechanics is a fbody owner and helped me out with my car one day when I was down that way visiting my buddy. I was in a pickle and he helped me out. Really knows his stuff. The owner also keeps a pic album of all the dope cars that goes through the shop. He owns a nice old Fiat that I think was one of his first cars.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Digivex
I've been taking my rims/tires to Thrust Performance, 928 US Highway 9, South Amboy, NJ 08879-3313. It's a new shop with the latest wheel mounting and balancing equipment. Additonally, the guys who run it also race at Englishtown (Corvette Challenge series) -- Ask for Mike: One of the owners.

Their work is great and I've had both standard tire mounting as well as mounting slicks that required screwing the tires to the rims done there.

From Edison, it should be less than a 15 minute drive for you... It only takes me 15 minutes from the New Brunswick area.
went there today mike is a great guy and took care of me i would highly recommend them they have all the new equipment to do em right..thanks for recommending them
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by meatyz
went there today mike is a great guy and took care of me i would highly recommend them they have all the new equipment to do em right..thanks for recommending them
Really glad you were happy with them. I am not affialiated with the shop in any way other than being a customer and knowing Mike and a few others from the events at Raceway Park. They've always treated me well, done a great job at reasonable rates and been available around my crazy schedule. Plus, it's not far from home.