Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Any VA guys running a front plate BEHIND a billet grille?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any VA guys running a front plate BEHIND a billet grille?

I really want to get a new grille but I have to keep the front plate and I want to stay as legal as possible. Anyone running the plate behind the grille ever get pulled for it?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not running one at all. Been over a year now and no problems.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

Cool but the day I do that I'll get nailed I bet. I'll try behind the grille first.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wav3form
Cool but the day I do that I'll get nailed I bet. I'll try behind the grille first.
You can try it but it will all depend on the cop. I was a state inspector for 5 years. If the plate has anything on it in the state of va that partially blocks or covers the plate it is illegal. We couldn't fail for it but you can get pulled. Something like a tinted cover. Like I said it all depends on the cop. State boys are normally the worst.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a ticket for it a few years ago in Chesapeake, Va......you could try this>>>>> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-59388
Old 01-25-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had one on the camaro or the vette never had issues. I actually tried pulling that with my s10 and i got pulled over for it, just bsed and said it flew off on the highway because the screws rusted out he actually took that and just gave me a warning. But i think putting it behind a grille would actually get you a higher chance of a ticket then just driving without one.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
I never had one on the camaro or the vette never had issues. I actually tried pulling that with my s10 and i got pulled over for it, just bsed and said it flew off on the highway because the screws rusted out he actually took that and just gave me a warning. But i think putting it behind a grille would actually get you a higher chance of a ticket then just driving without one.
I agree
Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
Interesting. Being a fan of not getting hassled by the man, I may just use a SLP bracket.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

I actually bought a slp bracket. Figured I would wait til I got hasseled and then install it. So far so good.