Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Woodbury, CT Car Show June 5th 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodbury, CT Car Show June 5th 2011

What: Woodbury Lions Club 33rd Annual Car Show

One of the best shows in the area, a typical year will see anywhere from 250-350, sometimes well over 400+ cars. WIDE range of cars, going from Model A and Model T's to Modern Muscle and everything in between.

Where: Woodbury, CT, Hollow Park. (Corner of Route 6 and Route 317), Hollow Rd.
Google Maps Link to Entrance. Show parking is in the lower baseball fields, spectator in the upper "new" soccer fields.

When:
Sunday June 5th 2011
Car entrance starts at 9:00am
Spectator gates open at 10:00am
Judging starts 12 12:00
Award handed out 3:00pm.

Additional Info:
Entrance Fees:
Pre-128 Cars admitted Free
Car Registration: $10.00
Spectator Admission: $5.00 (Children $1, under 12 free)

All show cars welcome (Antique, Stock and Custom Classic, Special Interestion, Sport cars, 4x4 Trucks, Hot Rods, Production/Modern etc.)

There's something around 15-20 Classes, and 1st 2nd and 3rd place trophy's are awarded to each class along with special trophies. First 300 cars get a special dash plate.

Live 50's DJ, along with good food and drinks are available in the concession area. (Burgers, Dogs, Pretzel, Ice Cream, Beer, Soda, etc. Fun day for the Family!

This show is sponsored and put on by the Woodbury Lions Club, which helps support the community of Woodbury by providing scholarships, maintaining and placing park benches around town, and supporting numerous other charities such as the Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation and many others. All proceeds from the event goes to help our community and these organizations.

Who's Going?:
Specify if you're just attending, or if you'll be brining and entering your car. If we get enough I can set a entire row aside for us.
1. WoodburyMan (Erik) - Entering

Last year and the year before I was the only modern GTO there, getting beat out by a couple of brand new out of the showroom Challengers and Mustangs. Lets try and get a crowd out there this year and show them what our Modern GM Muscle's are about!

I had two members of ls1gto that live nearby last year come out who were amazed at how nice this show as and astonished how he had not heard of or gone to the show before. It's a really awesome show!

I have photo galleries from the 2008 and 2009 Show available on my site to browse through:
2008 Show
2008 Show

Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Teching In

*BUMP*

Less than two weeks folks! This is just down the road for a few of ya I know
Old 06-05-2011, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

I will be stopping by at some point, I guess I don't have an excuse it's only an 1/8 mile from my house
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6on19s
I will be stopping by at some point, I guess I don't have an excuse it's only an 1/8 mile from my house

I was there with my car in it....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com