Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Seeking a Marketing/Sales Entry Level Position

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill check into aflac. But it looks like i might become a sales recruiter if the job offer is right on monday.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure if they have it up in mass but try vector marketing.
The money is horrible in the begging but i had a friend after 6 months there he was making near 10k every two weeks, BUT he was working and selling his *** off. Not to mention its also a door-to-door type sales, but hey its worth a shot to gain experience
Old 06-05-2011, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

vector is a scam already looked into it
Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

well looks like its back to the drawing board. apparantly 12 hour days and being the last one to leave the office everyday and 900 cold calls in 5 days wasn't enough hard work to keep a job after a week and a half. I messed up and i can admit that. now i know.

so if there is anything else out there please let me know. kinda feel like dogshit right now but hey it is what it is
Old 06-20-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

wait so you took a job already and got fired?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

yeah as sad as that seems. came in after the weekend and it was going to be my 9th day working there. said i didnt study the jobs we had to offer people enough and told me they are letting me go? it was the weirdest place i've ever worked. mind you i had 0 expirence in the staffing industry. said all i have going for me is my hard work and they said i didnt work hard over the weekend so they let me go. after i put in about 60 hours with them last week. getting there at 7:45am leave between 7:00 and 8:15pm everyday when the schedule is 8:30am to 6pm i guess their is no excuse really i didnt study enough this weekend

if u have 0 expirence in staffing and want to get into the business dont try out that place lol
Old 06-20-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry, I have been looking for a full time job for over a year and a half since I graduated. I have had 5 interviews, 1 of which is my current job and 2 were for promotions at my current job. The other two were for Wegman's and Wal Mart. It doesn't feel good when they reject you from stocking produce. I get paid WAY more than I would doing that, but I honestly feel like I would have been happier working at wegmans for now.

I have gotten other 'offers' a lot of stuff for selling insurance. They prey on people like us for that. Basically they train you and expect you to sell everyone you know insurance and then open your own little office or essentially do what you just did. Problem is, I have an issue with insurance companies and I do not really have a large network of connections.

From what I have seen, my friends, family etc. Right now it is who you know. My gf has been passed up for a lot of teaching jobs because of people getting jobs through someone they knew working at a school. She has a great resume as well, 3.6 gpa, day care experience, volunteering at schools, long term subbing, treasurer of some honors organization...she was really involved and got nothing. It is frustrating for sure.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

I worked my *** off. Something was strange about that place. It was like they hired me knowing they were going to fire me. Literally i was the last person in the office all 8 days i worked there. I even stayed till 7pm on friday when everyone was gone at 4pm. I had 16 in house interviews lined up this week with canidates when they said i should aim for 10 a week. I was suppose to read and learn about the companies over the weekend. I didnt do it enough i admit that but i mean it was my weekend after 60 hour work week and it was fathers day. I looked over the jobs came in and they were like yea we can tell u didnt study enough its a bad sign to come we r letting u go. I was speechless lol
Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony when I was about your age I lasted 4 hours at a Dairy Mart so don't feel bad
Old 06-21-2011, 08:00 AM
11 Second Club

yea it just pisses me off. cuz like i tried really hard i guess i just wasnt what they were looking for. but i mean wtf can u get done in 8 days when u have 0 expirence in the industry?

Quick Reply: Seeking a Marketing/Sales Entry Level Position