Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Weld Wheel pics of the 2010 Camaro but right rear rubs....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

8.50 is plenty for me. To be competitive in that x275 **** you need a car that is 7.60 capable in the 1/4 now....

That is a another whole step up the ladder at this point, and way out of my budget.

I'd much rather run a 33x10.5w and know that I can hook regardless the conditions and run my index, then be trying to go 1.15 60 foots on a tiny *** tire with enough power to run DEEP 7's. Just sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Don't get me wrong it's cool to watch.. but I have absolutely no interest in that.

On another note..

Scott have you made it out to the track with the new parts yet?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

almost high jacked the thread Jay..lol and 8:50 is perfect for you, ITs Hard to afford racing 10.5.....

Yes I was at the track but the car needs gear, the slick are 1 inch taller than stock so I know have like 290 dessert gears, problem is the F1-C is going on soon, so I dont want to change it...The car is in the 11's at 118 mph so ill just have to live with it until the blower goes on. If I change stuff now for NA then Ill spend money twice to change it when the blower goes on.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Race your car!

Yeah don't change it. I'm sure the converter, if it was up in the high 4000's would be alot better too.. but then the blower would well... blow thru it LOL

The rear end gear, is there anytihng that you can do that would be a compromise? I'm going to guess and say that you will probably want a 9 inch center in there anyway for strength so it's not spitting that out once the blower power is in the car...

8.50 will be about all I can afford. I'm going overboard with the car.. more then I need but I don't want to have to touch it again. It's gonna go to Bob... and when it's done, only thing I'll have to deal with is upkeep, when it's done this time, it's really going to be done... I'll never need to bring it to a chassis shop again for another update.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

i would love to cut the frame rails and put a solid axle in lol ,,,, rest of my mods for the season are the 4 inch cowl hood, aluminum driveshaft, blower and gears, and last is cage...
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Race your car!

I hear ya.

I'd say do it... but sometimes I miss when I could drive my car anywhere.... I'm at the point that I can't turn back. Think hard about it before you go there, that's all I can say.

Believe me... I'm dropping it off to Bob and I won't be there to see the entire back of the car hollow from the main hoop back. Seeing that would kill me LOL. Seeing it when it's all done, that's a different story

Quick Reply: Weld Wheel pics of the 2010 Camaro but right rear rubs....