Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Stump's Garage PCM tuning great experience..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stump's Garage PCM tuning great experience..

(again.. he gained my big power on the 8.1L Avalanche previously, but the T/A story is now..)

I've been dealing with crappy starting, poor driveability below 2000rpm, stumbling on tip-in, no compression braking, high/erratic idle ever since another well-known tuner did my tune. I've got a small-ish but weird cam with a very tight ICL & lots of overlap plus a fidanza flywheel, both things that make it a bitch to tune.

Stump's found a few more HP, I can drive at 1500rpm in any gear, it tips in cleanly, compression brakes, and the idle is solid. oh, and it starts up ALOT better.

The best part? Ryan's not happy with it yet - he wants to make it perfect.

That kind of attention to detail and "close isn't good enough" attitude is why I'll take my vehicles only to him.

And there's none of this "Let's fool the PCM into getting the results we want" or "Let's get you the absolute max power, even if it grenades the engine when your gas isn't perfect" - This is a safe tune that'll keep the engine alive.. unlike some others.

Located in Pine Grove, PA. A quick google search will get you the contact info.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Heard alot of good things about this place (Stump's garage), and here's one more positive opinion.

Seems like all the great tuners are at least 2+ hours away from me. Oh well, when I save up enough cash for a tune, guess I'll just have to endure the trip to one of them. Seems it"ll be worth it
Old 05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had quite a bit of experience with the Stump's Garage staff over the last two years. I can't recommend those guys enough. Ryan is a phenomenal tuner and great to work with. I'm not really surprised he was able to get your issues figured out.

+1 for Stump's Garage
Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tpivette
Heard alot of good things about this place (Stump's garage), and here's one more positive opinion.

Seems like all the great tuners are at least 2+ hours away from me. Oh well, when I save up enough cash for a tune, guess I'll just have to endure the trip to one of them. Seems it"ll be worth it
your like 30-40 minutes from RPM, well worth any drive to go to the right tuner trust me. I drive 1.5 hrs to Fran.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tpivette

Your probably actually only like 25 mins from me. Not far at all.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

im an other customer of Stumps Garage. 2 thumbs up here

Quick Reply: Stump's Garage PCM tuning great experience..