Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Dyno Tune/Install in Northwestern PA

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Tune/Install in Northwestern PA

I'm coming home from Iraq on midtour leave early July and I was wondering if there were any dyno tune shops in northwestern Pennsylvania. I will be in Erie County for about 15 days and was looking at getting my 2006 Pontiac GTO modded and tuned. My time is going to be busy enough as it is with getting married and getting my wife enrolled in the military programs.

This is what I'm planning on getting done: LG Motorsports G5X3 cam with Comp Cams heavy duty timing chain, tooled steel dual valvesprings, titanium retainers, seats, seals, heavy duty pushrods, SLP underdrive pulley, ZEX 75-175 shot nitrous kit (bottle heater, remote bottle opener, purge, TCS window switch, bottle pressure gauge), Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Sport catback w/ catless mids. And a dyno tune to top it off. Rapid Motorsports in Birdsboro, PA quoted me about $2,000 for everything but it is 14 hours roundtrip and I'd have to make the drive again 10 days later when they said it would be done. I'm willing to cut the nitrous system out of it if it will save time significant time and money and just do it at a later date.

I have other mods that I installed myself prior to the tune: K&N FIPK intake, ZEX nitrous spark plugs and wires, B&M short shifter, BMR (drag bags, subframe connectors, strut tower bar, skid plate), Mobil 1 oil filter w/ Royal Purple oil, GForce 1320 anti-wheelhop Stage II halfshafts, and a Banshee carbon fiber hood for appearance.

Thanks for everyone's time.

SGT James R. Barnes
United States Army