Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Scouting Location for New Jersey Pin Up Photo Shoot

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scouting Location for New Jersey Pin Up Photo Shoot

Does anyone know of a shop that works on 30s and 40s chopped cars within an hour of middlesex?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I don't know of a shop specifically but there are definitely some body shops strewn around that do that kind of work.
If you're looking for a location that might have lots of old hot rods/customs/lead sleds etc there's the Galloping Hill Cruisers that meet every Monday evening during the summer months at the hot dog stand/Galloping Hill Catering parking lot in Union NJ (Five Points section) and it's less than 45 minutes north of Middlesex (less than a mile off of exit 138 on the Garden State Parkway).
And I'm sure someone there can definitely point you towards a '30s/'40s chop/channel type specialty shop.

http://gallopinghillcruisers.com/Home_Page.html
http://gallopinghillcruisers.com/Gal...l_Cruisers.php
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks a million! I definitely have to find a place soon. I've schedule the models already for July 9th. Hoping to find something as soon as possible.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I don't know of a shop specifically but there are definitely some body shops strewn around that do that kind of work.
If you're looking for a location that might have lots of old hot rods/customs/lead sleds etc there's the Galloping Hill Cruisers that meet every Monday evening during the summer months at the hot dog stand/Galloping Hill Catering parking lot in Union NJ (Five Points section) and it's less than 45 minutes north of Middlesex (less than a mile off of exit 138 on the Garden State Parkway).
And I'm sure someone there can definitely point you towards a '30s/'40s chop/channel type specialty shop.

http://gallopinghillcruisers.com/Home_Page.html
http://gallopinghillcruisers.com/Gal...l_Cruisers.php
I live literally right across the street on salem road and i go there every monday night do you know if you have to pay or register to get your car in there? i see alot of people just go in and park but im not sure if they already paid or what
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nando92
I live literally right across the street on salem road and i go there every monday night do you know if you have to pay or register to get your car in there? i see alot of people just go in and park but im not sure if they already paid or what
Nice, I grew up in Union and moved to Springfield (the next town over, where I currently still live) when I was 15.
Like most local cruise nights I don't think you have to pay to enter your car there but you do have to go up to a registration table and fill out some info and get a piece of paper with a car number and your name on it to put in your windshield for judging etc. There is a chance though they might be asking for a small donation for a charity, at least that's the impression I'm getting from their website.
I've been to it many times but never actually entered any of my cars.

I actually may've even seen you there once a few months back (before the cruise nights started back up), I pulled through in my black Z28 and saw a blue one there and two guys at an outside table checking me out as I drove through.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

that might have been me i go there to eat every once in awhile.
Do you by any chance pass by Union high School at night every once in awhile? everytime i go there at night to meet up with some friends i always see a black Z28 pass through the parking lot
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 AM
10 Second Club

Talking

that might have been me i go there to eat every once in awhile.
Do you by any chance pass by Union high School at night every once in awhile? everytime i go there at night to meet up with some friends i always see a black Z28 pass through the parking lot
What a small world we live in.
That is definitely me, I just passed through there twice yesterday evening actually to watch my friend's kid play softball at one of the fields behind Union High and/or over at Biertuempfel Park. I also cut through there some nights to get to that Sunoco station on Vauxhall Road or on my way to/from Magic Fountain in Union Center and that general area. I'd just remembered that I have seen a blue Z28 parked in there a couple of times.
Sometimes you might see a yellow Corvette C6 pulling through, that's me as well.
There is another guy with a black SS (he had a silver Z28 convertible prior to that) that used to park there as well, I sometimes see him at the Springfield Route 22 Dunkin' Donuts too.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I pulled through in my black Z28 and saw a blue one there and two guys at an outside table checking my *** out as I drove through.
WTF? wacko.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

What a small world we live in.
That is definitely me, I just passed through there twice yesterday evening actually to watch my friend's kid play softball at one of the fields behind Union High and/or over at Biertuempfel Park. I also cut through there some nights to get to that Sunoco station on Vauxhall Road or on my way to/from Magic Fountain in Union Center and that general area. I'd just remembered that I have seen a blue Z28 parked in there a couple of times.
Sometimes you might see a yellow Corvette C6 pulling through, that's me as well.
There is another guy with a black SS (he had a silver Z28 convertible prior to that) that used to park there as well, I sometimes see him at the Springfield Route 22 Dunkin' Donuts too.
Thats so awesome! lol I live in union and have my whole life so i have friends all over the town so we usually all just meet up at the high school lol everytime you drive by my friends are always like "yo he going to keep coming back here until you race him" or just taunt me by saying stupid things like how your Z28 is just as loud as mine etc.. lol
but yea its pretty cool to actually know someone from Tech lives close by
Old 06-22-2011, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kenny H
WTF? wacko.
There goes Kenny being all silly again.

everytime you drive by my friends are always like "yo he going to keep coming back here until you race him" or just taunt me by saying stupid things like how your Z28 is just as loud as mine etc.. lol
but yea its pretty cool to actually know someone from Tech lives close by
LOL I have a stock muffler but also have a QTP electric cut out so sometimes it's open (kind of loud) when I drive by but usually it's closed and pretty quiet.
I don't pull through there lookin' for a race or anything of course but I've always been a big fan of the whole cruise/parking lot scene even though I'm now MUCH older than most of the guys that still do it these days LOL.
I'll pull over and say "hi" next time I see ya there.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

There goes Kenny being all silly again.

LOL I have a stock muffler but also have a QTP electric cut out so sometimes it's open (kind of loud) when I drive by but usually it's closed and pretty quiet.
I don't pull through there lookin' for a race or anything of course but I've always been a big fan of the whole cruise/parking lot scene even though I'm now MUCH older than most of the guys that still do it these days LOL.
I'll pull over and say "hi" next time I see ya there.
That QTP cutout makes soo much sence now
Sometimes you drive by and its quiet and other times you sound exactly like my Z28 (no cutouts, but the bolt ons and Corsa make quite a bit of noise)
And now i can be like i know that guy, he has a yellow 06 vette too
and ill be sure to wave when i see you pass by again
Also sorry for hijacking this thread RedZ88
Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Lol no worries.. I'm still looking for a spot... I wonder if any of the site vendors have a spot... it's essentially free marketing on their part... I would provide them with photos of their cars.. or at least their shop.