Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i second jeff at psi in glen burnie. Good guy to deal with and does great work
Old 07-06-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IDriveChevy
I've had my car tuned by Jeff @ psi in glen burnie. He does only ltx/lsx cars. He does nice work.
I won't go to PSI. They used to do work with guys I know that have heavily built LSx cars in their crew and PSI screwed them over. I've heard horror stories about PSI from them.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Teching In

go to fran. dont go to gallants i live in harford county and you will pay out the *** for work. Yes he is a corvette shop but does small bolt ons. Does not have a dyno nor tuning software, dont waste your time.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
I won't go to PSI. They used to do work with guys I know that have heavily built LSx cars in their crew and PSI screwed them over. I've heard horror stories about PSI from them.
How so? And where are you located?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ONESLOWZO
go to fran. dont go to gallants i live in harford county and you will pay out the *** for work. Yes he is a corvette shop but does small bolt ons. Does not have a dyno nor tuning software, dont waste your time.
What he said, that place is 5 mintues from my house and I still drive the hour to Frans(RPM) for tuning and stuff.

Trust me some things are worth driving for and the assurance that your car is in good hands is unbeatable. Hell when you get up there youll find yourself in shock looking at the cars in the shop. People dont have their cars built and shipped overseas by just any shop.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

How so? And where are you located?
It's a long story and I don't have all the details but there was a big falling out between Jeff and a bunch of guys after Jeff was screwing them over somehow. I'm pretty sure some if not all those guys are members here, I know Steve is at least and that it was Steve and his guys that did a lot of the work for PSI at the time and Jeff just took credit for all their cars, I've heard a few of the ones he did himself broke. bad.

I'm located in Carroll County, between Taylorsville and Westminster
Old 07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a garage in Westminster where I store some of my cars-can help you do the lid Intake,TB etc with it

I heard bad things about PSI from local people,people at the track with LS1s but have no personal experience with them.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll just do the lid at home after work one day after I get one. Probably just an SLP with paper filter. I have had K&N's on my other cars and never feel like cleaning them. Whenever I get around to intake and TB I'd take you up on that, I've heard doing intake swaps can be a PITA. Wouldn't an intake/tb swap require a new tune?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll just do the lid at home after work one day after I get one. Probably just an SLP with paper filter. I have had K&N's on my other cars and never feel like cleaning them. Whenever I get around to intake and TB I'd take you up on that, I've heard doing intake swaps can be a PITA. Wouldn't an intake/tb swap require a new tune?
Only bad thing about the intake swap is crunching up the oil pressure sensor in the back, but if you lift before you pull, you'll be fine. After just about any mod, weather it's a small as a SLP lid or as big as a cam swap, there's always a need to tweak the tune alittle or alot.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I wont be doing a tune after the lid itself, I'll do the lid and leave the car like that for a good while until I can afford to do the headers and y-pipe and then get them installed and do a tune, hopefully that'll be ok.

I know about the OPSU behind the manifold, I was reading up about how the oil gauge isn't always accurate because of them sometimes and they're a pain to replace. My friend did his LS6 intake swap at the house and did the OPSU at the same time which is good that he planned on doing it because I think they broke his sending unit when removing the manifold. They said they wouldn't do it again so I'd have someone do it that knows what they're doing.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ill help you do manifold. With headers do a Frost tune from the mail and you are good
Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so I could just install the headers and then contact someone at Frost (www.tunedbyfrost.com?)

I've heard about mail order tunes before but how exactly do they work, and are they as good as a full dyno tune?

-Not sure if Frost is a sponsor or not, my apologies for posting the link if not
Old 07-08-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Frost is a sponser. Thats why I mentioned him so I don't get in trouble.
For a bolt one car like that mail order should fine or drive 15 minutes down the road and Justin will tune the car.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok that sounds like it would be a good plan. I actually starting looking into cams yesterday but that will be down the road a ways, putting it in the 1-3 year category where I think the intake manifold is at too and I'll just do the lid, lower control arms, header and y-pipe right now.

I have a $5,000 loan to pay off for the car which is going to slow things down but I'd like to have phase 1 done no later than next summer, preferably within the next 6 months but I'm hoping I can garage the car in winter rather than leaving it outside like I have to now.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive dealt with jeff at PSI for a few years now and never had a problem, Ive also heard all the stories between jeff wayne and steve and Im sure thats what your referring too. I dont pay any mind to those stories since jeff hasnt done me wrong and constantly hooks me up on parts prices.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you referring to wayne with the mustang and steve with the vette?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

No Steve and Wayne are the owners of Glen Burnie Racing. Wayne has a Formula and Steve has a 7 second Camaro.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ah, never heard of them.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, never heard of them.
LOL !

Jeff is gay and has never built anything fast.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. funny never talked to this guy but jeff sure likes to send him pm's.... We have left jeff alone for a while but he just loves getting kicked in the nutz. You can go to any of the guys in md or you could go to the guys with the world record nitrous ls1.

We really don't have any room on the schedule for a few months anyway.

Quick Reply: MD Speciality Shops