Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

East Coast Supercharging???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOTTLEFEDSS
go with rpm.. ive heard of one to many cars popping on the dyno at that shop
RPM is a great shop.. I have known Fran for a long time even before he opened his shop, stand up guy!

As per cars blowing on our dynapack. There has been 1 car ever to blow a motor on the dynapack and that was on its first baseline pull before we even got into tuning. This was a dry shot nitrous stock bottom end motor.

Either choice you make there are numerous great shops in the NE for you to choose from!

Thanks

Matt
Old 10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ECSMatt
RPM is a great shop.. I have known Fran for a long time even before he opened his shop, stand up guy!

As per cars blowing on our dynapack. There has been 1 car ever to blow a motor on the dynapack and that was on its first baseline pull before we even got into tuning. This was a dry shot nitrous stock bottom end motor.

Either choice you make there are numerous great shops in the NE for you to choose from!

Thanks

Matt
is this the one????
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/perf...ictions-2.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...18k-miles.html
Old 10-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Yup, not built by us, not tuned by us,(yet) didn't make it past 4k on the dyno first pull with good A/F etc, and no provisions for the NOS in the tune which was not used on that pull. Sometimes people think they need a tune when there is really an underlining issue.

I'm not sure why your trying to start drama here, if your happy with RPM by all means go with them! Fran seems like a nice guy, and I'm sure he does great work.

We are a very high volume shop, and produce many fast cars. Have some of them broke? Of course, this is high performance. The same has happened from your choice of shops too. Lets not sling mud back and forth, it's counter productive and unprofessional for both of us.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

I can agree alittle... But don't you think its kinda odd for a H/C car to blow on the first pull? Wouldnt you download a base tune for the mods and tweak it alittle? according to the tread the dude posted the situation wasn't handled very well. I guess its really a matter of choice on where you would want the tune done but things like that wouldn't sit well with me at all
Old 10-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

I can agree alittle... But don't you think its kinda odd for a H/C car to blow on the first pull? Wouldnt you download a base tune for the mods and tweak it alittle? according to the tread the dude posted the situation wasn't handled very well. I guess its really a matter of choice on where you would want the tune done but things like that wouldn't sit well with me at all
Yes I did think it was odd, but I did not know the history of the car other then it has nitrous and screwed drag radials, and we put it on the dyno with it's present settings as a preliminary pull. A/F was low 12's, and there was no knock during the pull. The owner just purchased the car so he did not know the history either.

You were not here to see both sides, so please do not make assumptions. The owner tried to claim that we intentionally blew his car up, really?? He was in our opinion unreasonable to deal with, and wanted to pass blame on everyone else. I feel it was mainly because he purchased a car outside of his means (according to him) and as a young man it just enraged him that things didn't go his way. He will probably find out in life that happens a lot unfortunately, and if he handled it more maturely he would be driving his Zo6 right now.
We would have gave him a great deal to get him going again even though we had no need too, but after what we felt was a no win situation, we asked him to please take his business elsewhere. We did not charge him a penny for anything, including tearing down his engine, we just wanted him out of our shop for good. In the 12 yr history of ECS, there is only one other person I can think of on the list of people who are not welcome here.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, and I respect you for it. There is no one shop thats best for everyone, but we did not become one of the largest LSx shops in the country by accident. We do more for the racing community then any other shop in the NE, and I'm pretty sure we have more eight and nine second Vettes out there then any shop in the country.

Maybe some day you can come out to one of our ECS Corvette challenge days, or EFI series events for the F body/GTO/G8/5th Gen Camaro/CTS-V etc guys, or possibly one of our road course events that we sonsor for our customers and we can discuss this in length if you wish. Then you can also form first hand opinions of our tuning abilties while your there from cars that were built and tuned here.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

^Where you guys located?
Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mac62989
^Where you guys located?
They are located in Cream Ridge, NJ
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Its always a shame to see a reputable shop get pulled into a bad situation, do the right thing, then get lampooned by some forum ***-hat anyways.

ECS has been a reputable shop for a long time.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you gentlemen.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 7998
Great shop, a little pricey but their work is top notch.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ECSMatt

Thanks

Matt

Thanks Matt. Its a shame things didnt work out for you. I bought parts from you about 10 years ago. I remember i bought my Mcleod Twin disc from you along with my 12 bolt. You always had the best prices. Either way your still in the game at a great shop so thats all that matters.

People that live in this are that complain about shop screwing them is their own fault. There is some of the BEST LSX shops in the nation in this area.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Doug @ ECS
Yes I did think it was odd, but I did not know the history of the car other then it has nitrous and screwed drag radials, and we put it on the dyno with it's present settings as a preliminary pull. A/F was low 12's, and there was no knock during the pull. The owner just purchased the car so he did not know the history either.

You were not here to see both sides, so please do not make assumptions. The owner tried to claim that we intentionally blew his car up, really?? He was in our opinion unreasonable to deal with, and wanted to pass blame on everyone else. I feel it was mainly because he purchased a car outside of his means (according to him) and as a young man it just enraged him that things didn't go his way. He will probably find out in life that happens a lot unfortunately, and if he handled it more maturely he would be driving his Zo6 right now.
We would have gave him a great deal to get him going again even though we had no need too, but after what we felt was a no win situation, we asked him to please take his business elsewhere. We did not charge him a penny for anything, including tearing down his engine, we just wanted him out of our shop for good. In the 12 yr history of ECS, there is only one other person I can think of on the list of people who are not welcome here.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, and I respect you for it. There is no one shop thats best for everyone, but we did not become one of the largest LSx shops in the country by accident. We do more for the racing community then any other shop in the NE, and I'm pretty sure we have more eight and nine second Vettes out there then any shop in the country.

Maybe some day you can come out to one of our ECS Corvette challenge days, or EFI series events for the F body/GTO/G8/5th Gen Camaro/CTS-V etc guys, or possibly one of our road course events that we sonsor for our customers and we can discuss this in length if you wish. Then you can also form first hand opinions of our tuning abilties while your there from cars that were built and tuned here.

First of all I never claimed you blew up my car intentionally. I just find it Odd the same day you find my thread is the same day the car blows up. Also you stated you drove my car on the street for about an hour prior to even putting it on the dyno, Why didnt anything happen then? I Drove the car to work everyday hitting wot atleast one time per day. your telling me the one time you do it explodes.... somthing doesnt add up.

you also claim the car has no nitrous tuning.....wtf is this

looks like a timing tricker and a window switch to me

If I handled it more maturely...the car blew up and you didnt even have the decency to call me afterwards, you posted very vaugely online after calling my car a POS.

after all is said and done you attack my for sale thead when I have done nothing to you.

To the OP its your money and you spend it where you want but I wouldnt take a chance after seeing how they delt with me and they openly admitted that other customers were a higher priorty then me. I would go somewhere where my money is appreciated as business and not a number.

Last edited by dontsleeponme; 11-01-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
Thanks Matt. Its a shame things didnt work out for you. I bought parts from you about 10 years ago. I remember i bought my Mcleod Twin disc from you along with my 12 bolt. You always had the best prices. Either way your still in the game at a great shop so thats all that matters.

People that live in this are that complain about shop screwing them is their own fault. There is some of the BEST LSX shops in the nation in this area.
Oh how I wish I went to your shop Fran see you in the future.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both sides have had their say, and ECS is not a forum sponsor so this thread is now done

Quick Reply: East Coast Supercharging???