Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

where to look for evo's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They must be uber tools or not know how to drive well. UNless you dont know how to shift properly they hold up just fine.

Nice ride. Love the VF52. Wanted it for my car. Its such a perfectly sized turbo for the engine.

I mean I guess if you were only looking at 09 EVOs then yeah. I was talking more like finding a nice adult owned Evo8. And I know ive seen em but they are rare. And our AREAS arent much different. Short I avoid driving in VA like the plague.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:15 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

I dont know its odd but each of them have broken different parts. Trans at the track, diff/axle on the street, etc. Yeah the 9's were nicer then the 8's and quicker too.

Thanks I love driving it, honestly more fun to drive then the G8.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i LOVE my CTS-V and loved my Legacy GT(turbo 4cyl) and both for semi different reasons.

But an evo when taken care of and driven by someone who knows how to shift and launch... IS MORE THAN CAPABLE of being beaten on DAILY.

Same friend with the 400hp 8... He tracked his and launched it all the time and never had those issues(did end up having a slipping clutch after a while). But even when roll racing and daily driving he was always brake boosting and hard shifting(only person i rode with who could shift SO fast the BOV didnt open all the way). And his was find when the insurance company totalled it after someone stole his ECU and Seats.