Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

CT Emissions Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Normally I would agree, but just looking at the result show me that the CAT is not doing what it is supposed to do so I see it either being hollowed out or blown out. Just listening to the car could tell you but I am not sure since I am not right there.

I guess try to be cheaper but don't wait as you only get so long on temp tags and if you run out you gotta tow the car there.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Couple questions to add to this thread seeing how if I start my own it will get locked...
Will I fail emissions for a air conditioning code?
Also, I was going to do emissions today and saw the ac code so I deleted it. Now I have to go through the driving cycle. How long is this going to take?
I have rear o2s tuned out and air tuned out. No egr its a 01.
Thanks.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Couple questions to add to this thread seeing how if I start my own it will get locked...
Will I fail emissions for a air conditioning code?
Also, I was going to do emissions today and saw the ac code so I deleted it. Now I have to go through the driving cycle. How long is this going to take?
I have rear o2s tuned out and air tuned out. No egr its a 01.
Thanks.
Recent exp. I have a 2000 Buick as a DD and it was kicking a EGR code and what happend was one of my lines was disconnected and I plugged it back in. No pcm reset, no disconnect of battery, I drove and it shut off on it's own and drove the 3 miles to the shop and passed.

I would think your fine as the code is not engine/emissions related. Since you shut it off I see no reasons to worry. IF you cleared the PCM I would put enough cycles on it to just in case.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I was just informed that any mil light or cel light will fail me. I dont have the ac code tuned out because when the car was tuned I still had the ac
Now I need for someone to tune out the ac code?!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP: get that code read before you start throwing parts at it. Yes it probably does need a cat, but it may not, and it may need other stuff.