Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

EFI Live, Scranton PA area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default EFI Live, Scranton PA area?

Hello eastern section,

I'm up visiting family on vacation and am wondering if anyone around the Scranton, PA area is EFI Live savvy? I have it but have no idea how to use it. I am running a 24x conversion on my LT1 car. Car was tuned in FL but is still not right. It has been recommended I may need to change my fuel bank select? The problem is I really have no clue how to get EFI Live up and running correctly, I can't seem to get my tune up or even get the scan to function correctly.

I am about 45 minutes north of Scranton, I wouldn't mind driving even up to two hours if someone could poke at it. I don't think anything major needs doing. Is there anyone around me that is good with EFI Live?

Thanks! If so this might make my drive back to FL a bit more tolerable. I'm leaving town next Saturday so my time window is also kind of small, but I figure this is worth a try.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

I guess I'm not that lucky. No one in Northeast PA uses EFI Live?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Eh, another bump. No tuning shops that use EFI Live around me or any members? I have my own laptop and EFI Live setup, just no idea how to get it up and running. I think its just this fuel bank select needs looking at, anyone?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, hptuners a little south of you
Old 08-15-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Well thanks anyway, I suppose if I didn't have the custom os installed HP Tuners would work, but the original tuner knows I intend to spray it so he he put in OS 5 or whatever it is you can run with EFI Live.

Seems a lot more people have HP Tuners instead of EFI Live. I suppose the performance car scene isn't very large in the northeast corner of PA either.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Justin in Mt Airy MD does.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 AM
Teching In

Efi live is big in the diesel world. I just tuned a 434 in a ta that was speed density. Numbers were 601hp and 570tq. Hptuners works well for me!!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kbturbo
Efi live is big in the diesel world. I just tuned a 434 in a ta that was speed density. Numbers were 601hp and 570tq. Hptuners works well for me!!
Is that who I think it is? If so, that's awesome.. Glad to see he's getting it back, and with a SAFE tune this time!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the recommendation Mike, bummer that is 4 hours away. Guess it made it up here so it should make it the 1100 miles back to FL. I'll just have to visit Doc again once I get back in town down there.

Thanks everyone, I kinda figured I was going to strike out though. I've seen maybe two GM performance cars on the road since I got up here.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Thanks everyone, I kinda figured I was going to strike out though. I've seen maybe two GM performance cars on the road since I got up here.
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. From what I've see since I moved here from NC in 2008, it's just that people's performance cars aren't their daily drivers up here... But look in the garage, and there's something cool.

I've found that there's more "car stuff" to do and racetracks here than there was in the south. (Circle tracks notwithstanding)