Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Drvie a Lambo, Aston, or Bentley @ Etown

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, after thinking it over, I got a refund. I don't feel like paying more or dealing with their crap. That's bad business.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by subarubill96
look up some reviews on yelp about this experience and company, i had an issue with registering and they were asshats about it. after doing some digging on google, i asked groupon for my money back.
apparently you follow a pace car going less than 70mph for quite a bit less than they lead you to believe while the car is in snow mode. If i wanted to drive a fast looking car 65mph i got that covered lol.
I agree.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Yup, all in all its pretty lame.........
Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

This would've been very fun to try out.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
TECH Addict

i did it yesterday. i wasnt worth the $100 groupon, and sure as hell wasnt worth the full price of 230 or whatever is it. there were no pace laps or reconnoiter laps to get used to the car....3 laps, and thats it; on a VERY shortened track. the entire infield and light bulb were cut out, leaving roughly 5 lefthand turns. no pace car either, but there was a staff member in each car, telling you to slow down constantly. the lap well under a minute, so there was less then 3 minutes of driving total.

everyone else there had a great time, but they were people who have never raced before. ive done 30+ track days, with at least 20 at etown. i have probably 1000 laps there....so it wasnt anything new to me, and being told to slow down when i already know the line around the track was like having training wheels. not to mention the 'staff' was some kid barely old enough to drink.

for someone who has never been on track before, it was worth it, as everyone else there left with a big smile. but for anyone with experience, it was lame. now consider the fact that for nearly the same as the full price of 230 or so, for $250 (for the first time) you can have a track day at etown, on the full course, in your own car with no speed limit or anyone telling you to slow down. it takes the entire day, not 3min. after your first time, its $125 each event. id consider that money well spent compared to a 3min sunday drive.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Figured it wasn't worth it...
Smaller track = lame.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sort of on topic here, I went to Vegas a month ago and I randomly stumbled across a couple of manufacturer's reps from Ferrari who were offering 15 minute test drives in a 2006 360 Modena for $70. I literally thought about that for 2.4 seconds and reached for my wallet LOL

This car is a paddle shifted 6 speed automated manual (no clutch) behind a 3.6L V8 making 400 hp. Car weighs about 2,300 pounds! Exhaust note is nasty, if it has a muffler it is a token one at best. Paddle shifting is interesting, the shifts are not super quick but it feels relatively smooth and it's easy to drive. Very, very good road feel. It doesn't have a lot of power around 2-3K, but after getting the feel for it and hitting a straight stretch of road I downshifted two gears to about 5,500 rpm and rolled into it. The power comes in smooth and fast, pulls like an animal and before you know it you're going 80 in a 40. Got it pretty close to the 8,500 rpm redline. One of the guys rode with me and he didn't mind me laying into it a little bit. He took me for a ride in it after and he was less gentle than I was, car is just amazingly capable. Definitely the most fun I had that night and totally worth it.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
i did it yesterday. i wasnt worth the $100 groupon, and sure as hell wasnt worth the full price of 230 or whatever is it. there were no pace laps or reconnoiter laps to get used to the car....3 laps, and thats it; on a VERY shortened track. the entire infield and light bulb were cut out, leaving roughly 5 lefthand turns. no pace car either, but there was a staff member in each car, telling you to slow down constantly. the lap well under a minute, so there was less then 3 minutes of driving total.
good to hear i made the right decision, its $40 for an auto-x event with the BMW club and like you mentioned speed is not restricted. i would of been beyond pissed if i went especially with someone telling me to slow down when im not going fast yet.