Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

detailers in ma

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default detailers in ma

anyone relatively near leominster area that can work magic with the porter cable ????? and possibly a very very tiny scratch that can be wet sanded?? i have a car show to go to begining of october and its a judged show. my car is black and i had paint correction done in may. the car needs to look its absolute best...car doesnt see rain, snow, and hardly outside of the garage...it needs a very minor correction at max. in direct sunlight and under halogens it still looks almost flawless let me know only experienced da users please
Old 09-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Danno is generally the Mass Detailer around here. This summer has been so screwed up for me that I am no position to help directly.

** Have you done anything to that scratch to correct?? Can you catch it with your finger nail??
Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Danno is generally the Mass Detailer around here. This summer has been so screwed up for me that I am no position to help directly.

** Have you done anything to that scratch to correct?? Can you catch it with your finger nail??
a tiny bit with my finger nail it appears to be just the clearcoat there isnt primer showing
Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Internet Mechanic

Generally speaking, sometimes it is said, if you can catch it with your nail, its already too deep. Some people try to fill it, then knock it down, sand and blend which maybe an option but beyond my ability at this time to do it on someone elses car.

A good example of a how-to

http://www.autogeek.net/how-to-remove-scratches.html

http://www.autogeek.net/how-to-repair-paint-chips.html
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BlackScreaminMachine is correct. With a scratch that deep you will have to knock the clear coat way down and quite honestly I would recommend against it. If you take down more than .5 mil of clear than you can start promoting UV damage. I would work the scratch down a bit and level the paint and use a sealant or lsp with some filler properties on that section.

Now I'm not gonna lie to you the best finish you will ever get is with a rotary and some nano level compound to jewel the paint. I do not have a rotary yet but I have enough experience with DA's to get pretty close. Especially on black cars if you want the best we use a menzerna nano compound on a 0 cut pad, very slow rpm's and work it gently, it comes out pretty steller but takes some time.

Also I won't wet sand a car's paint until i get a meter or have a clear history on the paint if you are gonna go more than orange peel level, and again those cost a ton for a good one and I haven't budgeted for one yet.

From the sounds of it your car would probably need a couple passes, light cut and jeweling stage.

Where is the show you are going to anyways?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Internet Mechanic

I was going to say the thing about the rotary but then saw my link stating you could do with a DA lol. Figure not to try to contridict myself this early in the morning.

I have a rotary and from my exp it definitly will cut fast and quick but can do more damage unless you know what your doing.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I was going to say the thing about the rotary but then saw my link stating you could do with a DA lol. Figure not to try to contridict myself this early in the morning.

I have a rotary and from my exp it definitly will cut fast and quick but can do more damage unless you know what your doing.
Yeah with his car he needs minimal correction. The reason why a rotary works best for jeweling is because you can get it under 1000rpm. While a DA still stays above 2k. But using a "diminishing" nano compounds helps a lot.

Other than that the other benefit with a rotary is more cutting power in less time, but the end results are the same with a DA if you put in the time, and arguable at a jewling stage.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
BlackScreaminMachine is correct. With a scratch that deep you will have to knock the clear coat way down and quite honestly I would recommend against it. If you take down more than .5 mil of clear than you can start promoting UV damage. I would work the scratch down a bit and level the paint and use a sealant or lsp with some filler properties on that section.

Now I'm not gonna lie to you the best finish you will ever get is with a rotary and some nano level compound to jewel the paint. I do not have a rotary yet but I have enough experience with DA's to get pretty close. Especially on black cars if you want the best we use a menzerna nano compound on a 0 cut pad, very slow rpm's and work it gently, it comes out pretty steller but takes some time.

Also I won't wet sand a car's paint until i get a meter or have a clear history on the paint if you are gonna go more than orange peel level, and again those cost a ton for a good one and I haven't budgeted for one yet.

From the sounds of it your car would probably need a couple passes, light cut and jeweling stage.

Where is the show you are going to anyways?
the show is in webster ma at the commerce bank .....i know that the last time the car was done the scratch got hid pretty well with the correction. u have any interest in doing a once over on the car ?? i can guarentee the car will be really clean to begin with. i clean the underneath all the time , the interior doesnt need to be touched nor does under the hood. car doesnt see any bad roads or rain etc car only has 19000 miles and i just had it professionaly appraised and the car made it in the class 1 category let me know or if u want to see it first i can swing by or if u want to stop at my house u might even look at it and wonder why the hell ii want it done cause its very clean im just way to picky and want to make sure it looks its best and try to get a trophy or something lol
Old 09-08-2011, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
the show is in webster ma at the commerce bank .....i know that the last time the car was done the scratch got hid pretty well with the correction. u have any interest in doing a once over on the car ?? i can guarentee the car will be really clean to begin with. i clean the underneath all the time , the interior doesnt need to be touched nor does under the hood. car doesnt see any bad roads or rain etc car only has 19000 miles and i just had it professionaly appraised and the car made it in the class 1 category let me know or if u want to see it first i can swing by or if u want to stop at my house u might even look at it and wonder why the hell ii want it done cause its very clean im just way to picky and want to make sure it looks its best and try to get a trophy or something lol
If you want, I should be finishing up a car Sunday morning (should be nice weather). If you come before noon we can take a look and see what it needs. My whole weekend otherwise is a wash with weddings n' stuff.

As of right now if you decide to do anything I should be able to help you out before october.

If it truly is not too bad I would just give it a last coat of a nice wax and have fun at the show. Black shows everything though, nearly impossible to keep perfect if you drive it.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just bring it down and I'll blend it in with some spray paint.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Just bring it down and I'll blend it in with some spray paint.
lol i was waiting for u to comment ....figured u would tell them im waaay to picky and to stay away hahahaa
Old 09-08-2011, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

If you want, I should be finishing up a car Sunday morning (should be nice weather). If you come before noon we can take a look and see what it needs. My whole weekend otherwise is a wash with weddings n' stuff.

As of right now if you decide to do anything I should be able to help you out before october.

If it truly is not too bad I would just give it a last coat of a nice wax and have fun at the show. Black shows everything though, nearly impossible to keep perfect if you drive it.
yah i have no problem swinging down presuming its not ******* raining anymore lol i think it needs a little bit more than wax but maybe not. it is very very tough to keep up with the black paint even though i dont drive it very often. don at slowhawk put finger prints all over it last time it was up so thats what u will be cleaning hahahaah jk
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
yah i have no problem swinging down presuming its not ******* raining anymore lol i think it needs a little bit more than wax but maybe not. it is very very tough to keep up with the black paint even though i dont drive it very often. don at slowhawk put finger prints all over it last time it was up so thats what u will be cleaning hahahaah jk
Damn Grease Monkeys
Old 09-08-2011, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait till I see that car again. *** prints now.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Hahahah maybe ill just keep my messed up sensor now.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Danno just let me know where to go on Sunday and what time unwanted me there send me a message.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Wait till I see that car again. *** prints now.
I hope you intend to wear your "manpons", I'm not big into cleaning swamp ***.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Funny, I just came across this and an F-body to boot.

You want to see a car that needs a wetsand. Although it was totally unacceptable to begin with.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-paint-job.htm
Old 09-10-2011, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Funny, I just came across this and an F-body to boot.

You want to see a car that needs a wetsand. Although it was totally unacceptable to begin with.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-paint-job.htm
that auto body shop did a horrible job !!! hopefully we wont have to go through that with mine hahaha