Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Exhaust shops in CT

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011 | 11:50 AM
Teching In

Default Exhaust shops in CT

Whats up guys, does any one know of a decent exhaust shop in CT? I would prefer it to be within a 30 min drive of Oxford. All I need done is have a muffler welded in, but they would have to add about 4ish inches of 3 inch pipe. I am having a hard time finding a shop that will do it due to the lack of cats on the car.
Old 09-12-2011 | 12:42 PM
Internet Mechanic

Been there man. I know a good shop but again if you did not know the owner, they would not do the work your asking since I am assuming your eliminating a CAT off there car.

If it has already been deleted then I cannot see anyone having an issue.

Best if you can find someone local with a mig welder, or a performance shop since some of them will not care and tend to not feel as scruitinized (sp).

Google for Performance shops

In my past exp I have taken a car down to a local shop and paid cash, some have said no, some did not care.
Old 09-13-2011 | 04:11 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

If you get the pipe and materials, and can't find a shop that will do it shoot me a PM, I've done a couple like you want to do. Just bring a pizza or a 6 pack and we'll call it even.

It's getting harder to find places that will do stuff that's technicially "legal" these days... I still haven't found someone that will do a sniffer test on my diesel pickup once I have the delete's done with it and pass it.. and I've been looking/asking for 2 years now.