Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

raced a neon srt4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nittos in cold weather can be a handful. They break away very very suddenly. I wouldn't recommend them at all if you live somewhere thats below 50 degrees.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

600hp in any weather with any tire can be a handfull.
He just has to be smart about it.

Its a fair weather, weekend, show car, so cold weather and rain will not be a factor. If it was a everyday car that see's most extremes it be different. But I agree nittos in the cold are pretty unsettling, you need some heat in em'.

Hence the dilemma, with that kinda power to hook on the street you need a tire that is really geared for the track which will not last long on the street and will affect handling, I'm not thinking any 17" combo is gonna hook great on this car without some more sidewall, but it should handle some highway blasts.

But I will say a certain 500hp magnacharged m6 vette is rolling on 18" nittos and they are more manageable then previous street tires.

I think M/T's would be better on his car, but they will not last as long and if per chance you get caught in the rain I'd rather have a nitto on than that.

02gangsta/ss, if your gonna stay with a street tire look at the GSD-3, they are a lot better than what you got, but they will never hook up like a DR. They look badass on all 4's though.