Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

New Jersey inspection question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ Inspection 06 TBSS

Originally Posted by CarMan
I'm considering removing the EGR system in my '99 Z-28. I know this will set an SES code so I plan to delete the test. I've also deleted the rear O2 sensor test and I wanted to know if these deleted tests will show up when I go to inspection in New Jersey. Can they see these deletes? Is there a limit to the number of deletes without failing?

Thanks to all NJ LSX fans.
Carmen
I just bought it 2 days ago and it was registered in NY and passed OBDII scanner. I went and had it registered yesterday and went to the inspection station because the previous owner told me it's only going to show one "not ready". I got and it shows everything on the scanner is not ready or supported. What would cause it to do that? I know it was the first of 2 days of the winter cold and it didn't get over 46 where I'm at but geez. It started to have trouble turning over so I'm guessing I should probably take it to the guy he had tune it and fix it?
Old 12-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Default NJ Emissions

If you have a low battery, the pcm needs to relearn the drive cycle, that's why the readiness state will not complete.
Once you have a good battery in the car you will have to complete the drive cycles, then you will be able to pass, providing it's not setting any codes.

BTW, it is the state inspectors discretion to do any visual inspections that they deem necessary, some may where others don't.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

The Cherry Hill station has cameras in the ground that they drive over to check for cats, and they do every time. When you go to remove the codes, only change the "DTC processing enablers" that you want deleted to "not reported". Don't change the MIL enablers or the tests could report as incomplete. Fake cats, no rear O2 (one dummy, one wideband), no EGR, no AIR here and passed with flying colors.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done both and have no codes, therefore no issues with state inspection

Quick Reply: New Jersey inspection question