Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Picked up a EVO!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
And I was just thinking I go on LS1Tech to get away from stuff like this, darn. Enjoy your ricer...
Do you know what a ricer is you troll? Just because a car is a 4 cylinder doesn't mean it's a ricer.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:21 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Really your calling me a troll? Yes I know what a ricer is... Its not like I dont have a Subaru and a bunch of VW's. But I dont post them on LS1Tech for attention.

If your spoiler interferes with your rear view mirror, your ordering a SSQV bov, and Brembo stickers... well then three counts for a ricer.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, I am calling you a troll, coming onto my thread calling my car a "ricer". If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. The Brembo stickers are to get the original brembo look on the calipers you dumbass, because as you can see, I had no choice but to paint over the "Brembo" letters because they came faded out once I bought the car. I'd love for you to explain to me why a ssqv bov is "ricer". I know people with turbo'd gt's and f-body's running them. A real ricer would paint his wheels green and stick "nos" stickers all over the car. I never said the spoiler is interfering with my vision, stop making **** up. Not every one has the same taste or thinks the same way. If I want to make a thread showing enthusiasts that i purchased a rare care, who cares, there is nothing you are going to do about it.

Last edited by vetteboy99; 02-12-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Really you're calling me a troll? Yes I know what a ricer is... It's not like I dont have a Subaru and a bunch of VW's. But I dont post them on LS1Tech for attention.

If your spoiler interferes with your rear view mirror, you're ordering a SSQV bov, and Brembo stickers... well then three counts for a ricer.
fixed..
Old 02-12-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking Evo man
Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94LT1TA6spd
Nice looking Evo man
Thanks!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

And I was just thinking I go on LS1Tech to get away from stuff like this, darn. Enjoy your ricer...
Youre not a troll....you are an elitist *******. This could be a great oportunity to pack your bags and the hell out of here. This site does not need another idiot like you.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
Do you know what a ricer is you troll? Just because a car is a 4 cylinder doesn't mean it's a ricer.
Absolutely true, just because a vehicle has a 4 cylinder does NOT mean that it's a ricer.
But in all fairness, the term "ricer" actually stems from the term "riceburner".
'Riceburner' originally referred to ANY vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle etc.) from any Asian based manufacturer.
But so much time has passed since these goofy terms were even invented and the average age of so many that are buying Asian imports today is probably too young to even remember when or why the term was first made popular or used in the first place LOL.
Over the years, the meanings have gotten a little convoluted and misinterpreted, so much so that even a General Motors vehicle that was designed and manufactured in the United States can now be called 'a ricer' just because it has some stickers and a wing on it which I never understood.
It might be derogatory and it might no longer be relevant, but the origins of the term still cannot be denied.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 AM
12 Second Club

I am old enough to remember riceburner lol

nowadys the common definition I see is

R acing
I nspired
C osmetic
E nhancements

which to me is when you try to make something not so special look like its something by adding lots of visuals but you still have a slow turd.

this evo is a well respected performer and so far everything done to it visually is of the subltle tasteful variety.

ricer can also be a person with a certain attitude that would say things like:

my civic is running 50 pounds of boost and putting down 1200 hp

hp per liter

oh yeah well my buddys supra would destroy your pushrod LS1

if you had painted the calipers , wheels , and spoiler lime green along with matching underglow lights , and a dozen various stickers on the rear side glass then I would expect some negative comments

this is a local section your posting because your excited about your new toy to people that maybe you have even met in person
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 AM
TECH Junkie

I had Glowshift gauges in my last TA. They worked great and it was like to be able to change the colors if I wanted. I would go for that one.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 AM
8 Second Club

fixed..

Originally Posted by chaman
Youre not a troll....you are an elitist *******. This could be a great oportunity to pack your bags and the hell out of here. This site does not need another idiot like you.
You dont even know me.... why dont you stop drawing conclusions over an internet forum. But since you called me an *******, go **** yourself. Meanwhile, what exactly does questioning someone over posting a Japanese car on a forum named LS1TECH have to do with being elitist? Especially when I said I also owned the same class of car. I post things related to that car on its respective forum. Same in that I dont post details about my domestic car on the Japanese forum. Seems simple to me... but maybe its harder to understand to an idiot like you.

Yes, I am calling you a troll, coming onto my thread calling my car a "ricer". If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. The Brembo stickers are to get the original brembo look on the calipers you dumbass, because as you can see, I had no choice but to paint over the "Brembo" letters because they came faded out once I bought the car. I'd love for you to explain to me why a ssqv bov is "ricer". I know people with turbo'd gt's and f-body's running them. A real ricer would paint his wheels green and stick "nos" stickers all over the car. I never said the spoiler is interfering with my vision, stop making **** up. Not every one has the same taste or thinks the same way. If I want to make a thread showing enthusiasts that i purchased a rare care, who cares, there is nothing you are going to do about it.
Ahhh how cute. You obviously took what I said way too serious... but its funny you get so fired up over a simple forum comment. Welcome to the internet... its a public forum where people can say whatever they want. If you dont like it... get thicker skin. Because exactly like you said "there is nothing you are going to do about it."

Did you really just compare putting a BOV on a factory turbo car with the stock turbo to a aftermarket forced induction f-body or stanger? That in itself is funny. Around here when someone has a stock turbo car with a BOV we call them ricers.

Thanks for the free entertainment guys!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Anyways. I went with Prosport gauges in my WRX. Prices were reasonable and i've zero issues with them. I have boost, EGT and oil pressure in mine. If you know anyone looking for a set of from brembo's for a EVO VIII LMK i have a set i was gonna swap onto my WRX.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

You dont even know me.... why dont you stop drawing conclusions over an internet forum. But since you called me an *******, go **** yourself. Meanwhile, what exactly does questioning someone over posting a Japanese car on a forum named LS1TECH have to do with being elitist? Especially when I said I also owned the same class of car. I post things related to that car on its respective forum. Same in that I dont post details about my domestic car on the Japanese forum. Seems simple to me... but maybe its harder to understand to an idiot like you.

Ahhh how cute. You obviously took what I said way too serious... but its funny you get so fired up over a simple forum comment. Welcome to the internet... its a public forum where people can say whatever they want. If you dont like it... get thicker skin. Because exactly like you said "there is nothing you are going to do about it."

Did you really just compare putting a BOV on a factory turbo car with the stock turbo to a aftermarket forced induction f-body or stanger? That in itself is funny. Around here when someone has a stock turbo car with a BOV we call them ricers.

Thanks for the free entertainment guys!

Just confirmed that you are truly an ******* so; welcome to the internet where people say whatever you want! If you dont like it get a thicker skin...hows that, cupcake?

Oh and here is the best thing of all, you cant do anything about it.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by chaman
Just confirmed that you are truly an ******* so; welcome to the internet where people say whatever you want! If you dont like it get a thicker skin...hows that, cupcake?

Oh and here is the best thing of all, you cant do anything about it.
Sounds good, at least you admit it. Doesn't bother me at all

Enjoy the car OP, everyone needs a ricer. Did you post it on the ricer board yet? I know I like driving my ricer.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can take your ricer and attempt shoving it up your ***. Good bye
Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

9K for an evo is a good deal in my book, how bad is the insurance compared to LS1 f bodies? i quoted a 06 GTO as only $3 more a month than my 99 Z28.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:14 AM
8 Second Club

You can take your ricer and attempt shoving it up your ***. Good bye
Wont fit... your heads already there.

Enjoy the car though... still not sure what your hatred for the term ricer comes from. I call my own a ricer, haha.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Really someone can't post pictures of their evo up on here without getting crap? Ricer does not = import. It's the type of owner and the mods he does that makes him a ricer. We all have some ricer in us. Whether it's tinted tail lights or stickers/wings. Plenty of people do mods to cars on here that have no positive effect on performance. So what?

I'd much rather read about this car then read about guns post or "i lost weight" thread.

Don't like it? Don't post in the thread it's pretty simple.

Nice evo...would make a nice daily. Though i'd never own one because i'd mod the crap out of it and then want another daily to replace it. It's impossible not to get carried away with that kind of car for me. I'm pretty mixed on the spoiler, they look boring as hell without them so i'd probably put it back on and leave it. May i suggest before you get overboard with your other mods is get a set of tires! Uniroyal tiger paws on an evo really? I have the same on the stock wheels for my s10 and they are absolute garbage. Can't even take an exit turn without all 4 squealing lol. Those cars handle pretty amazing with a set of tires.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
Really someone can't post pictures of their evo up on here without getting crap? Ricer does not = import. It's the type of owner and the mods he does that makes him a ricer. We all have some ricer in us. Whether it's tinted tail lights or stickers/wings. Plenty of people do mods to cars on here that have no positive effect on performance. So what?

I'd much rather read about this car then read about guns post or "i lost weight" thread.

Don't like it? Don't post in the thread it's pretty simple.

Nice evo...would make a nice daily. Though i'd never own one because i'd mod the crap out of it and then want another daily to replace it. It's impossible not to get carried away with that kind of car for me. I'm pretty mixed on the spoiler, they look boring as hell without them so i'd probably put it back on and leave it. May i suggest before you get overboard with your other mods is get a set of tires! Uniroyal tiger paws on an evo really? I have the same on the stock wheels for my s10 and they are absolute garbage. Can't even take an exit turn without all 4 squealing lol. Those cars handle pretty amazing with a set of tires.
Thanks bud! Tires on it aren't bad at all, i guess you just had bad luck. lol. I am getting different wheels soon anyway. I am trying not to mod the hell out of it, but it's killing me! Just ordered a innovate wideband and a autometer cobalt boost gauge! All is going on the pillar!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Launching!

yeah man that dang ole little rice burner gotta a little 4 banger in it, **** it, **** all them commy bastards, BUY american or die you piece of ****!!!!!

Quick Reply: Picked up a EVO!!