Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tune...in/around NH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune...in/around NH?

Ok, i know everyone is going to say slowhawk, but i figured i'd ask. I live in the southeastern part of new hampshire.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a few shops up there that will throw the car on the dyno and change A/F-timing.

Alot of people on this board have spent the money having there car tuned up near NH,then came down here for us to retune them.

difference is the shops up there will try to tune anything for $$. We only tune LS based vehicles so we just know alot more about tuning on these so there is no questions on longivity/power when we are done with it.

We are 1hr, 20minutes from NED.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

I'd never go anywhere else but slowhawk performance.... As a matter of fact my car is there now!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of a couple shops closer that will tune your car, but they do not specialize in LS cars. The tune will make or break your car in a big way. I can't tell you how many times I've heard stories about Slowhawk taking a "tuned" car that the customer was not happy about and returning it a totally different machine.

Not trying to , but its worth it to take it to a shop that specializes in these cars.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

I will be calling slowhawk this morning. Thanks
Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blknSS
Ok, i know everyone is going to say slowhawk, but i figured i'd ask. I live in the southeastern part of new hampshire.
I would say NoGo.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Default tune spots

I know there is a place right near leominster ma its called esp my buddy works there I dunno if its closer to you I have been to both slowhawk and esp both places are good. Check them out
Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Iv eheard of esp, also SMG motor sports (farther away then slowhawk) but I heard good things about SMG and LSx platforms. Don have you ever heard of them? thoughts?

either way, id probably go to slowhawk, you cant beat the rep he has.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by whitdog54
Iv eheard of esp, also SMG motor sports (farther away then slowhawk) but I heard good things about SMG and LSx platforms. Don have you ever heard of them? thoughts?

either way, id probably go to slowhawk, you cant beat the rep he has.
I've heard of both and have gotten cars from both.Since they are the typical shop that will work on anything to pay the bills there knowledge of tuning a LS vehicle is limited. I just don't see the reason of going to a 1/2 experienced shop to pay the same for a tune that a shop that specializes in the car you want tuned.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Get it tuned the right way the first time and be done with it. Take it to Slowhawk.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
There are a few shops up there that will throw the car on the dyno and change A/F-timing.

Alot of people on this board have spent the money having there car tuned up near NH,then came down here for us to retune them.

difference is the shops up there will try to tune anything for $$. We only tune LS based vehicles so we just know alot more about tuning on these so there is no questions on longivity/power when we are done with it.

We are 1hr, 20minutes from NED.
I wish you did LT cars.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

One more vote for Slowhawk
Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Dude hop on 93 and shoot down... not far by any means. Its a no brainer, nobody up here is on par or even close.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Dude hop on 93 and shoot down... not far by any means. Its a no brainer, nobody up here is on par or even close.
What are you running? I'm kind of crunched on time so I went to a shop to get an estimate on putting the exhaust together. They were trying to tell me the car will never pass emissions and I'm wasting my time/money.....wtf.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well, you know that we actually build most of the cars here that say -"slowhawk tuned" right? Most of the time we are cheaper than any repair shop because we know what we're doing and can do most jobs quickly. Nevermind it will be done right.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Well, you know that we actually build most of the cars here that say -"slowhawk tuned" right? Most of the time we are cheaper than any repair shop because we know what we're doing and can do most jobs quickly. Nevermind it will be done right.
This makes sense, I'm making it harder than it has to be I guess. PM sent.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

I went to a shop in CT before I knew of Don and I am lucky I didn't pop my motor while spraying it, even though that tuner said I was all good to go up to a 150 shot, at a 100 shot it was pulling 5-6 degrees timing. When it came time to cam it, there was no hesitation, Don got the job done and my car has been running great since, well when i can keep the trans and rear end in one piece......
Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by blknSS
What are you running? I'm kind of crunched on time so I went to a shop to get an estimate on putting the exhaust together. They were trying to tell me the car will never pass emissions and I'm wasting my time/money.....wtf.
Don's cam and his tune.

Car needs cats to pass visual inspection in NH. If you've got highflow cats and Don tunes it you should be able to finagle it. Some get away with no cats and tune but really depends where you go.

Not worth it for a lot of shops these days. IE. loss of SI license, or make $45 bucks on a sticker...

We have plug in OBD Test and Visual (safety) inspection. These cars will plug in all day long and pass readiness, but visual is up to the Inspection Station

Quick Reply: Tune...in/around NH?