Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car

since dyno day i have been getting alot of questions regarding my setup on my car and if people should go with heads/cam or go with a procharger ....i went with a procharger because ive always wanted a supercharged car and now i finally have one. later on i can add heads/cam tailored to a boosted car and swap a pulley and retune for more power. me being a nice guy if anyone in the area is on the fence about it i can show you my car and take you for a spin ....it has to be a nice day and i need a heads up cause of my schedule ...and on another note i would highly recommend don at slowhawk for his work,knowledge, and tuning capabilities.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Next time I see you, Ill give you a ride in the Buick (which SHOULD be a bit faster then), and you can give me a ride in the SS. Then a a race or two for the hell of it. Dig/Roll, either doesn't bother me.. But I will be spinning through first and second from a Dig.. If we do a roll, 60 is where it likes to be..
Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Wink

Originally Posted by ZNix
Next time I see you, Ill give you a ride in the Buick (which SHOULD be a bit faster then), and you can give me a ride in the SS. Then a a race or two for the hell of it. Dig/Roll, either doesn't bother me.. But I will be spinning through first and second from a Dig.. If we do a roll, 60 is where it likes to be..
hahhah i dont know if im gonna trust someone that just got there license to give me a ride in there first car especially with the torque that thing is making!!! ill bring my helmet with me lol i would do a quick race for the hell of it and from 60 is fine with me i can be in third which is where my car likes to be !! but in a few weeks i will finally have some mickeys onthe back of it so we will see what my car can actually do in 1st and 2nd gears. im sure that buick of yours can get up and go ....as a side note i was your age and did the same **** but just be very careful and dont do stupid **** with the car i am still paying a shitload for insurance for my past when i was young. and your young and dont want to hurt anyone or hurt yourself
Old 04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Haha, you could drive it if you want. I honestly don't mind. I don't blame you haha. I am usually careful. If I endanger anyone, its always myself and never another person. Anything I do is open road and no one in the car, late at night. Anyways, your car is mean! I don't expect to hang very long at those speeds.. Considering my car is a brick and you pack 230 more HP! But, until I get tires on this thing, its useless from a dig.. Tires will be a bit down the road after I melt off these BFG's.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

hahaha its all good man you can drive ill bring the helmet ...you def do have a somewhat sleeper car though if i ever pulled up next to it i would never thing it has 500ft# torque !! just be safe with it and well all have to meet up soon again
Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Teching In

We should do a little meet up with some cars and if anyone wants to ride or check out someone's car they can. Not going to sit here and promote street racing but we all know it happens so if people wanna be smart about it maybe a little of that. I'm in RI but willing to drive to Mass if people want to meet up.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jared8
We should do a little meet up with some cars and if anyone wants to ride or check out someone's car they can. Not going to sit here and promote street racing but we all know it happens so if people wanna be smart about it maybe a little of that. I'm in RI but willing to drive to Mass if people want to meet up.
Sounds fine to me. I always like to meet fellow car guys.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Sounds fine to me. I always like to meet fellow car guys.
yah we can all arrange something so i can get out of the house!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
yah we can all arrange something so i can get out of the house!!!
Let me know. I'm down whenever before I go back to work on May 6th
Old 04-23-2012, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Anyone else but us 3 interested? What are you driving Jared? Just curious..
Old 04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

not sure if its just us 3 lol
Old 04-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Teching In

99 SS bolt ons, M6, 12 bolt, 315 drag radials. Nothing special. I was at the dyno day. Was near the garage door next to the big truck. Black car with black dd zr1 rims and tint. Jared8 on plate lmao
Old 04-23-2012, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

99 SS bolt ons, M6, 12 bolt, 315 drag radials. Nothing special. I was at the dyno day. Was near the garage door next to the big truck. Black car with black dd zr1 rims and tint. Jared8 on plate lmao
Hahah, well I don't really remember plates, but I certainly remember the car. Your car is probably more my league.... Gangsta's car is going to hand me my *** on a silver platter..
Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Nah. I'll run either lol. Traction is key. 02/gangsta/ss spins 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I don't have enough power to do that hahahah. He would still prob pass me but I think I could get him off line for awhile. It would be fun
Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Nah. I'll run either lol. Traction is key. 02/gangsta/ss spins 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I don't have enough power to do that hahahah. He would still prob pass me but I think I could get him off line for awhile. It would be fun
you forgot some of fourth lol im getting drag radials in a few weeks finally putting on a pair of mickeys so i will finally have traction i can also start out in 3rd lol hahha
Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Yea then I'm screwed haha. We'll have to try before and after. I actually haven't ran many people so I suck lol
Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Half of my four gears are useless. If I launch the car at 5 PSI (max my crappy 235's will hold), I spin up to about 45-50 MPH. I can get a decent launch if I go from idle, but once the turbo spools... Back to spinning.. I make a little less torque than Gangsta IIRC.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Teching In

If its warm I chirp first, occasionally spin a few feet then just hook. Unless I totally bomb the launch. Once they start spinning it'll go into 2nd leavin rubber. I need more power!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Half of my four gears are useless. If I launch the car at 5 PSI (max my crappy 235's will hold), I spin up to about 45-50 MPH. I can get a decent launch if I go from idle, but once the turbo spools... Back to spinning.. I make a little less torque than Gangsta IIRC.
need to get you some drag radials your torque is crazy its like an 18 wheeler torque
Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

If its warm I chirp first, occasionally spin a few feet then just hook. Unless I totally bomb the launch. Once they start spinning it'll go into 2nd leavin rubber. I need more power!!!!
lol i dont spin in 6th