Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elks club show in Auburn friday night, it is right off of 290 in Auburn
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01 CamaroSS SLP
Anyone have any ideas on where we can meet? I'm thinking maybe somewhere off 495 or 190.
kimbals in westford ma right off 495 can people meet there?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by danbud22ss
I can go. Like I said its a long *** haul for me and gas is expensive! I am going to Patriot Place this week. Anyone else going? Its Thursday.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by danbud22ss
Their car show night is Thursdays. From word of mouth i have heard that sometimes when it gets really busy they wont like f-bodys in.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

See I have experienced the whole "Keep the late models out" spin to being in a car show. When I was a lot younger, my father and I built a 1980 Camaro and put a lot of time and money and almost the tip of two of my fingers into it. PS, the lip on a TH400 trans pan can be very sharp, especially when sliding off a floor jack because one of the ears got caught on the e-brake cable lol. But anyways, back to the story, a lot of guys would show up with the "fresh from the showroom" looking cars and really p*ss a lot of us guys who spent time and countless $$$ building our cars.

Any jackwagon can show up and spin tires, whether it's some younger kid borrowing daddy's toy, or some older guy trying to re-live the "golden days" of their youth. It's just some BS tactic to trim down the fields because the newer platforms aren't really considered as "Modern Muscle."
There are a few ways to best combat this:
1- Show up and compose ourselves with the utmost respect and make them feel like the ***.
2- If they decide to "ban" the later models from being part of it, find another place that will be more than happy to accomodate a larger group of well-behaved auto enthusiasts and their money.
3- Have Mass Cruisers, or Bass Pro invest in a police detail to help curb the issues they are currently having. Or even as far as that goes, have a few members of their own club stand watch at the exit and get the tags of any vehicle engaging in such activities. Simply turn them away if they show up again, or some other form of discipline.

And as far as meeting up, the 495/190 area works for me. Anywhere remotely close to Worcester is a go. Monthly as previously stated is a great idea, preferably some place where we're not going to be getting harrassed for "loitering" would be ideal. Maybe every other month or so we could meet at a show?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Default Bass pro / patriots place

Originally Posted by ZNix
I can go. Like I said its a long *** haul for me and gas is expensive! I am going to Patriot Place this week. Anyone else going? Its Thursday.
I'll be there. Meeting my buddy kev up there. I'll be in my camaro (2000 monterey maroon z28 / ss wanna be m6, with slp hockey stripes, loud)

He may bring his bike, but hopefully his 06 gto
Old 05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll be there. Meeting my buddy kev up there. I'll be in my camaro (2000 monterey maroon z28 / ss wanna be m6, with slp hockey stripes, loud)

He may bring his bike, but hopefully his 06 gto
I know of 3 GTOs in around Boston...a black, blue and grey...any of those his?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redtan
I know of 3 GTOs in around Boston...a black, blue and grey...any of those his?
He doesn't live down my way, hes up by attleboro-ish area. Only GTO I've seen is a black one that an employee of NTB in weymouth drives
Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Hey everyone, another Mass guy here. Ive been on the forum for years just dont post a ton. I'm from Hanson. I go to the Halifax walmat car show every now and then. Znix my buddy in Plympton has a GN, and two guys down the street have GN's too, one is an immaculate GNX, small world.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Sorry, Justin, but HIJACK ON

a lot of guys would show up with the "fresh from the showroom" looking cars and really p*ss a lot of us guys who spent time and countless $$$ building our cars
And this pisses you off why? It is a cruise night, or a local show-and-shine, not the Ridler. If somebody is proud of their box-stock Corvette, why does this bother anyone? If someone's showroom-fresh car is cooler than your custom-built hotrod, it isn't their fault that your car sucks; why are you pissed at THEM? I don't have the coolest-looking or prettiest car, but it goes down the highway pretty good and puts a smile on my face and I feel proud because all of the work done on the car (except the CNC porting) was done by my friends and I.

This "only old cars are cool" bullshit is why you will never see a 1960 or older car on the road in another 10 years; everyone my age (40) and younger is turned off by the superior attitude of the street rod and shoebox guys who think our cars "don't belong." Strap your big block 55 Chevy on the dyno next to my rig and we'll see what's up.

HIJACK OFF
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=smokeshow72;16265287]Sorry, Justin, but HIJACK ON

And this pisses you off why? It is a cruise night, or a local show-and-shine, not the Ridler. If somebody is proud of their box-stock Corvette, why does this bother anyone? If someone's showroom-fresh car is cooler than your custom-built hotrod, it isn't their fault that your car sucks; why are you pissed at THEM? I don't have the coolest-looking or prettiest car, but it goes down the highway pretty good and puts a smile on my face and I feel proud because all of the work done on the car (except the CNC porting) was done by my friends and I.

This "only old cars are cool" bullshit is why you will never see a 1960 or older car on the road in another 10 years; everyone my age (40) and younger is turned off by the superior attitude of the street rod and shoebox guys who think our cars "don't belong." Strap your big block 55 Chevy on the dyno next to my rig and we'll see what's up.

HIJACK OFF[/QUOTE

lol its ok man ....it bothers me about some of the car shows trying to rid us but i do know for a fact ive never had any issues in lancaster kimballs there is a lancaster cop there at the street making sure know one does anything i would be ok with trying to get a crowd together somewhere other than a car show also just need to find a place to me i love all types of cars old,new,exotic, some imports ...not hondas i respect people that actually do work to there cars...but i dont like the 60 -70 year olds that forgot what it was like when they were young
Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Biffstupid
Hey everyone, another Mass guy here. Ive been on the forum for years just dont post a ton. I'm from Hanson. I go to the Halifax walmat car show every now and then. Znix my buddy in Plympton has a GN, and two guys down the street have GN's too, one is an immaculate GNX, small world.
Does he happen to own a landscaping business? I pass that car VERY often if it is. Try and get him to come to Bass Pro tomorrow.

Nix
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone should take the initiative in setting up a new meet as supposed to showing up at things that have already been started.

Off the top of my head I can't think of too many places but if someone wants to take that initiative and actually get people from the forum to go that would be great.

At the same time it could just be like 10 guys standing around their cars but I think a sort of GM meet would be really cool
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=stevesfbody;16267278]Someone should take the initiative in setting up a new meet as supposed to showing up at things that have already been started.

Off the top of my head I can't think of too many places but if someone wants to take that initiative and actually get people from the forum to go that would be great.

At the same time it could just be like 10 guys standing around their cars but I think a sort of GM meet would be really cool[/QUOTE

im working on it man im just trying to find a good place and in a good location for everyone will let everyone know
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

Monty Tech car show this Sunday at 9AM
Old 05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Everyone still going to Bass Pros? Looks like its going to just be cloudy with little rain. I will go probably anyways.

Nix
Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not the same, but the Suby guys do a rotating meet each week. Maybe you guys could do something similar. It's always between Fitchburg and Worcester for the most part. ;P If I had a f-body I'd help out, but no car = tough to set up.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about somewhere on route 20? That's always a fun road with lots of spots
Old 05-03-2012, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZNix
Everyone still going to Bass Pros? Looks like its going to just be cloudy with little rain. I will go probably anyways.

Nix
Did you end up going? I went with my friend. He had his GTO and I had my Camaro. Parked right next o eachother, prob got there towards the end.

I met some dude with a teal LS1, rarest color, with a NICE cam,cutout, and vette wheels. He was cool, no clue if hes on here.

Saw some camaros, there was a nice LT1 Z28 with tan interior. Sounded nice.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mattyfresh89
Did you end up going? I went with my friend. He had his GTO and I had my Camaro. Parked right next o eachother, prob got there towards the end.

I met some dude with a teal LS1, rarest color, with a NICE cam,cutout, and vette wheels. He was cool, no clue if hes on here.

Saw some camaros, there was a nice LT1 Z28 with tan interior. Sounded nice.
my buddy Vinny has a mystic teal camaro that sounds like him in your description, did he have chrome wheels and a cowl hood? He's a good guy!

Quick Reply: massachusetts meets